Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders (6615 Views)

Nigeria's $15 Billion Oil Refinery Is On Track, Dangote Says / Indimi sisters: Rahmayi wishes Hauwa well as she sets to wed their sister's 'ex' / Mobil Discovered 1 Billion Oil Reserves In Offshore Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Another one of them spotted. grin

English 101 (or is it Verbal Aptitude 101?):

The PMB government never said that A swap deal is a fraudulent deal,but that, the swap deal was being operated fraudulently.

Now, does a fraudulently operated swap deal implies that a swap deal is a fraudulent deal?

However this is not to say that the present government will also get it right!But of course ,the fact that people(fraudulent or not) fail in business,for instance, should not deter others from trying...

Only those with low intellect will not understand lipsrsealed

Oga Prof... Buhari and APC demonized the scheme...it was the first thing they cancelled on assumption of office hence NNPC became sole importer... I challenge you again to DROP a SINGLE change in this scheme to show that it has been upgraded so as NOT to be fraudulent again? Name a single innovation they did in it aside repeating the lies and empty rhetorics they feed "professors" like you daily

1 Like

Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by DaniDani(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

Didn't Buhari and Tinubu convince you all that this initiative by Jonathan was fraudulent and it was an avenue for Diezani to loot Nigeria blind...so what changed now? How did it suddenly become a plausible idea?

Read my comment again, this time around slowly and pray for an understanding spirit, and thank me later.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by GoodGovernance: 10:20am On May 19, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

Oga Prof... Buhari and APC demonized the scheme...it was the first thing they cancelled on assumption of office hence NNPC became sole importer... I challenge you again to DROP a SINGLE change in this scheme to show that it has been upgraded so as NOT to be fraudulent again? Name a single innovation they did in it aside repeating the lies and empty rhetorics they feed "professors" like you daily

Perhaps, I should repeat with addendum.I can only pray that God gives you more understanding spirit:

The PMB government never said that A swap deal is a fraudulent deal,but that, the swap deal was being operated fraudulently.

Now, does a fraudulently operated swap deal implies that a swap deal is a fraudulent deal?

The same nonsensical noise was made during the oil subsidy saga. Whereas,the fact that the oil subsidy was condemned and called a scam,for being operated fraudulently,does not make Oil Subsidy as a policy,a scam and undesirable,if well executed by another
government.

However this is not to say that the present government will also get it right!

But of course ,the fact that people(fraudulent or not) fail in business,for instance, should not deter others from trying...

Again,only those with low intellect will Still not understand grin
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Perhaps, I should repeat with addendum.I can only pray that God gives you more understanding spirit:

The same nonsensical noise was made during the oil subsidy saga. Whereas,the fact that the oil subsidy was condemned and called a scam,for being operated fraudulently,does not make Oil Subsidy as a policy,a scam and undesirable,if well executed by another
government.

However this is not to say that the present government will also get it right!

But of course ,the fact that people(fraudulent or not) fail in business,for instance, should not deter others from trying...

Again,only those with low intellect will Still not understand grin

So plz my questions remains...

1)How did they OPERATE it fraudulently in the past?

2)What improvements or adjustment was made now to forestall a repeat?

I believe those with high IQ can now understand a simple question and answer accordingly...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:27am On May 19, 2017
DaniDani:

Read my comment again, this time around slowly and pray for an understanding spirit, and thank me later.

And your point is
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by DaniDani(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

And your point is

That this idea/policy, is sweetening to the hearings but when studied very well and relate it to similar policies, you will know that it may not bring the expected change.
Then I suggested that we should adopt full privatized petroleum refining, like Dangote is building his private refinery, we should encourage more private organizations to build private refineries.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by yaki84: 11:10am On May 19, 2017
olujastro:
What a country! With about 18yrs of a steady democracy, we still have to rely on imported petroleum products.
High oil prices = Subsidy problems.
Low oil prices = Fx scarcity problems.
Either way it goes na problems, problems and problems.

This is the wrong time for anyone who means well to aspire to be president cos too many problems await you.
No wonder Baba just dey sick anyhow.
Ask Ambode why he's succeeding in Lagos today and he'll tell you it's previous back to back progress he's riding on.

Naija we hail thee! One can only but hope at this point.
what is he succeeding on?
Buildng pedestrians bridges n some local roads etc, how much is per capita income in lagos state?
Infact make i come down to d basics, how much is GARRI per cup, RICE, n its minimum wage?
Compare state of california n other states in the US, then compare lagos n other states here then u now define what success is.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by soflygerian(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2017
So after all the APC led shout, they still went back to GEJs ways.. When people fail to appreciate good from the onset..
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by soflygerian(m): 11:34am On May 19, 2017
yaki84:

what is he succeeding on?
Buildng pedestrians bridges n some local roads etc, how much is per capita income in lagos state?
Infact make i come down to d basics, how much is GARRI per cup, RICE, n its minimum wage?
Compare state of california n other states in the US, then compare lagos n other states here then u now define what success is.
Govt will nt reduce cost of garri n rice for you. Go, get a loan a farm. All dat gets reduced
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by romme2u: 12:01pm On May 19, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

So plz my questions remains...

1)How did they OPERATE it fraudulently in the past?

2)What improvements or adjustment was made now to forestall a repeat?

I believe those with high IQ can now understand a simple question and answer accordingly...

you need to understand how governments work in Nigeria. If they don't cancel the previous deal, they can't give it to their cronies.

It was fraudulent because the contracts were not given to their party members hence the need for cancelling to enable them re-award it to themselves.

This happens at all level of governance in Nigeria. New governments have to cancel previous admin contracts to enable the former re-award it to themselves and their cronies. Especially in juicy contracts such as this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by yaki84: 12:21pm On May 19, 2017
soflygerian:
Govt will nt reduce cost of garri n rice for you. Go, get a loan a farm. All dat gets reduced
if i get a loan at 14percent interest rate then will come sell the products for 2naira give una.

Its like u dont really know d duties of government.

Try n ask ur teacher the duties of govt.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by soflygerian(m): 1:45pm On May 19, 2017
yaki84:

if i get a loan at 14percent interest rate then will come sell the products for 2naira give una.

Its like u dont really know d duties of government.

Try n ask ur teacher the duties of govt.
.....and what happens when supply outweighs demand Keep waiting for govt...
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by positivetaught: 2:34pm On May 19, 2017
APC supporters will always give u a million reasons y anything buhari is perfect even when failure is starring u clearly in the face, was this not the same policy of PDP that was scrapped because of the so called "corruption" of the last administration?, now because it's been reinvented by APC it's now the best!,kachukwu himself knows that privatization of the refineries n the liberalization of the oil sector is the way to go but for insistence of buhari and the fear of his lieutenants, right now due to increase in oil prices n the exchange rates the government is subsidizing fuel but for political reasons they are fooling us that fuel subsidy has been removed, that time is coming no problems,buhari is just a DELUSIONAL slowpoke (DM)who thinks he knows it all but in reality he is just an empty vessel making so much noise,time shall tell.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by ogododo: 4:15pm On May 19, 2017
positivetaught:
APC supporters will always give u a million reasons y anything buhari is perfect even when failure is starring u clearly in the face, was this not the same policy of PDP that was scrapped because of the so called "corruption" of the last administration?, now because it's been reinvented by APC it's now the best!,kachukwu himself knows that privatization of the refineries n the liberalization of the oil sector is the way to go but for insistence of buhari and the fear of his lieutenants, right now due to increase in oil prices n the exchange rates the government is subsidizing fuel but for political reasons they are fooling us that fuel subsidy has been removed, that time is coming no problems,buhari is just a DELUSIONAL slowpoke (DM)who thinks he knows it all but in reality he is just an empty vessel making so much noise,time shall tell.
You reaĺly have understanding of what is going on. They just defending anything Buhari without recourse to reasoning.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:02am On May 20, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

Oga, can you plz show us ONE single change made in this policy aside removing perceived PDP or Jonathan appointees for their own people
Would PDP work with APC appointees? Buhari worked with an IG of police and an NIA boss from a PDP regime, can PDP with their padi-padi approach to governance do the same? I think Buhari deserves more credit than you guys are willing to give him.
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Would PDP work with APC appointees? Buhari worked with an IG of police and an NIA boss from a PDP regime, can PDP with their padi-padi approach to governance do the same? I think Buhari deserves more credit than you guys are willing to give him.

Bros, the discussion here is about OIL SWAP DEALS... you can open another thread for that topic and mention me...I will oblige you...thanks ...

So what changed in the oil swap deal policy? Isn't a policy brought about by greed and uncanny attachment to corruption? Isn't it a policy which is a disservice to Nigeria economy & integrity?
Re: NNPC Sets To Sign $6 Billion Oil Swaps Deal With Local And International Traders by ketkelvin(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2017
BLCO, FLCO and LPFO we have allocation from NNPC, we want to transact with serious and genuine buyers pls. Phone: +234(0)9033826160

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra billionaire owner of Xshrine Club manage by Chief Priest(video&photos) / Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? / Did You Experience The First Bank Service Network Problem Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.