Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Disturbed But Not Discouraged - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disturbed But Not Discouraged (323 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Explains Why Watching Of Television Was Discouraged (VIDEO) / Why Do Christians Act As Disturbed Fellows? / Are You Discouraged? Login And Be Encouraged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disturbed But Not Discouraged by FreshGreen: 11:31am On May 19, 2017
Disturbed But Not Discouraged
Since Christian life is a narrow way, and even life generally is ups and downs, as a child of God, you can be disturbed but you should not allow discouragement. When you are disturbed by anything, take it to God in prayer and simply trust Him; it's hard but that is the only means to be happy in Jesus; and not by sitting in the dangerous valley of discouragement. Believers in the Bible were disturbed: Moses, Elijah, Jeremiah and others. They were disturbed at one point or the other, but instead of being discouraged, they turned to God with their disturbing hearts. At a point, John the Baptist was seriously disturbed, you know what he did? He didn't depart from Jesus but he turned to Jesus with his disturbing mind. Jesus was disturbed at a point on His way to the Cross but He poured His disturbing mind to God, and He is now in heaven praying for us, because He has been through such difficult situations we are going through now.

When you are disturbed, Satan will want you to be discouraged, to stop praying so you can be his prey; to stop reading the Word of God so you can be weak; he will want you to be weary of working for God so that you can wither away. Satan will want to dissuade you from trusting God and living a righteous life so that he can destroy your destiny. When you find it hard to pray, to read Bible, or to do God's work because of situation around, then discouragement is setting in, you should beware.
Discouragement is a shadow of spiritual destruction; it leads to weakness, weariness and compromising into sin, since "God doesn't care" so to say, but that is satanic deception.

We should not allow present situations to discourage us from serving and trusting God, no matter how hard, or who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? We should discuss our disturbing situations with God and trust Him that He is working everything for our good at the end; we should not be discouraged into Satan's hands. As I was typing this article, I was passing through one of the toughest time in my life, and as God has encouraged me to move on, I find it necessary to encourage you also, in case you find yourself in unpleasant circumstances now or later, don't be discouraged, don't be distracted, don't doubt, don't compromise your faith and righteous living; don't turn from serving God, because it will soon turn to testimony.

RTEM: rtemoutreach.org
Re: Disturbed But Not Discouraged by bennyann: 8:22pm On May 19, 2017
Thank you dear and as you encourage us may God meet you at your point of need and may He give you the strength to win the race with Him.

I'm encouraged dear. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Should A Born Again Christian Be Falling Under Anointing ? / Why A Male??.........very Important Question / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.