Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? (23810 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Chukabiz1961(m): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:
Why are Jehovah Witnesses afraid of hell/lake of fire?

Each time you tell a JW member that God will send sinners to hell/lake of fire, they protest as if Jesus didn't talk about it. 

They ask "can you send people to hell if they are your family members"?  They quote Jer 32 vs 35 to defend themselves. 

But the question is, did God allow Sodom and Gomorah to be destroyed by fire? Did God destroy the world during the days of Noah? If yes, God can and will make sinners perish in hell/lake of fire

Matt 25 vs 41 Jesus talks about those whom hell/everlasting fire was originally designed for. Rev 20 vs 15 tells us some humans too will go to lake of fire. 

So why are Jw's taking Jesus for a liar? What are they afraid of? They should stop peddling lies and accept Jesus as their saviour if they don't want to end up in hell/lake of fire.

For more on the LIES of JW's read my write -up by following the link below 

https://www.nairaland.com/3328303/16-terrible-lies-jehovah-witnesses
You are not better than Paul whose name was Saul.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by almarthins(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2017
jonbellion:
start using your brain. They are not afraid it just makes no sense and is not moral or just in any way you want to imagine it
The Christian population of the world is 30%
So you mean people that did not believe in Jesus Christ (70% of the world) would burn forever in eternal anguish undecided

It there fore means u hadn't bn reading ur scripture very well. If hell doesn't exist why did jesus tell d people d story of lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16. Read it no fool ur self

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

All these comparisons of yours does not infer that God is not punishing those who commit sin or reject the offer of salvation in lake of fire. 

Hope you don't belong to those who read "new world translation of the holy scriptures" that adulterated and poisonous book. Cos they'll give you false assurance of everlasting life.  

I'm not a Christian but he gave the best logical explanation. Instead of fighting without your brains, while not put forward your own explaination with the backing of the scriptures and we see how reasonable/ logical you'll sound.

This is debate not e-war

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by yemmy75(m): 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
jonbellion:
start using your brain. They are not afraid it just makes no sense and is not moral or just in any way you want to imagine it
So you mean people that did not believe in Jesus Christ (70% of the world) would burn forever in eternal anguish undecided

The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam – which has been dubbed Wall Street’s hardest test – sees less than a fifth of entrants pass on their first attempt. That one no mean say make dem reduce cut-off mark, or stop the exam. Nobody will even add marks for you like they will do in some places when there is mass failure

Even your friendly lecturers become strict when it's exam day, if you remember

God is a God of mercy, but is also the God of judgement. And remember, He is a fair and just God. Think about this!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by achorladey: 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:
You Jw's are searching for God like the buddist, Hindus, so sure you can't find him unless you allow him to find you. We born again have been found by God, now we can search for Him.

Each time I read your comment, I don't blame you, those I blame are Russels Charles Taze and his cohorts who helped you go astray.

You still have time to repent, accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

1 Chronicles 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever. Na grammar be your problem. Maybe you need to go and read ''brighter grammar'' more and understand grammar well.
The bible verse above says Solomon must seek God first before God allow himself to be found by Solomon. Seek seek seek seek and you will find simple as A, B, C. Must you mention names, keep to line of discussion. Even the way the Buddhist seek God better pass wey some of you dey seek for God.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

One thing you guys don't want to realise is that humans are SPIRIT beings whose housing or casing is his body/flesh. When man dies, his sheds his casing or flesh, the spirit is eternal. I Thes 5:23. Philippians 1 vs 20-24. 

Yea, you do not exist before you were born, but you will fully realise your existence after death. God knew you before you were formed, he knew you will doubt him. He knew you will argue argue about this topic. 

The occults know that life is spiritual, so they control life from the spiritual realm. They control humans (people who don't accept Jesus) to do immoral things and do evil. They know there is life after death.

Most atheist are from christian backgrounds who feel God's laws are cumbersome. They feel God is unreasonable. What a pity! That Is why they argue from the bible point. God is never bothered, cos he knows those people will regret at the end.    ‎

Repent before it is too late

Religion is a very funny thing, don't you think?

My forefathers never knew of this "gospel". The white man introduced it to us, and then threatened fire and brimstone if we don't believe in the religion.

Slavery.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by ahmgiggs: 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nostradamus:
absolutely logical!!! I love this.
. man will die and rise again by the will of Allah. rising of the dead is an example of when u plant a yam. you plant a yam with the tip of the yam and u bury it, after then it decay, then rain and sunshine strike on it, then start to germinate to another new life. that is d example of how human being will be resurrected back to life after death

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by wizod(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Their founder(JW) was a Lawyer called Russell so they can argue till thine kingdom come but d scriptures can not be broken.
It Either u repent or u go 2 hell fire. #period

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by wizod(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Each time you tell a JW member that God will send sinners to hell/lake of fire, they protest as if Jesus didn't talk about it. 

They ask "can you send people to hell if they are your family members"?  They quote Jer 32 vs 35 to defend themselves. 

But the question is, did God allow Sodom and Gomorah to be destroyed by fire? Did God destroy the world during the days of Noah? If yes, God can and will make sinners perish in hell/lake of fire

Matt 25 vs 41 Jesus talks about those whom hell/everlasting fire was originally designed for. Rev 20 vs 15 tells us some humans too will go to lake of fire. 

So why are Jw's taking Jesus for a liar? What are they afraid of? They should stop peddling lies and accept Jesus as their saviour if they don't want to end up in hell/lake of fire.

so it is now u knw dat JW is a cult group? They deny d existence of hell fire and are bound 2 perish unless they preach d word of God raw.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by porozhniy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Good comment. But you avoided telling where the bible says the devil would end his journey.

You avoided the fact that the bible says that some would end up in Hell/lake of fire. 

You had better accept the truth and stop seeking those who sin more than the devil cos you can't find one. 

Embrace the truth before it is too late‎
You really need to open your mind oo Oga. That same rev. also mentioned that DEATH & HADES will be cast into the lake of fire! How will death & hades suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire?
Note: I'm not religious, cos a lot of the teachings doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by wizod(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
masonkz:

Religion is a very funny thing, don't you think?

My forefathers never knew of this "gospel". The white man introduced it to us, and then threatened fire and brimstone if we don't believe in the religion.

Slavery.
u might be saying d truth ooo

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by jmaxjohn(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
I thought devil was king of hell! How can a king of hell be destroyed by burning in hell? You got maggots in your skull, guy.

oneolajire:

Good comment. But you avoided telling where the bible says the devil would end his journey.

You avoided the fact that the bible says that some would end up in Hell/lake of fire. 

You had better accept the truth and stop seeking those who sin more than the devil cos you can't find one. 

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by jmaxjohn(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
And jw show you from the Bible that there's no hell and you think 'it just doesn't make sense', guy your brain has been scrubbed into stvpidity.
Destroying ppl by fire or water isn't the same as burning them forever.
If indeed there's hell, is Adam still burning in there after 6000 yrs?

undecided
oneolajire:

Making sense is not the matter. God said it, you are checking your senses, who gave you the senses? Asking if it makes sense is asking God if his word makes sense.
All you need is to believe God's word and get yourself free from everlasting tornment.

4 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by sonmvayina(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
If he'll fire exist, Nania also exist....i also read it in a book and have also watched the movie....you don't have to die to access it, you need to go through a wardrobe.....you have to be careful, because it is ruled by a wicked with and a talking lion....

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Zitere1: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Anyone is free to believe what he wants to believe. I just pray you won't realize that you have been believing and defending the lie all your life when it's too late. As for me I go with JW on this topic cos they have sat me down and convinced me with many scriptures.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
almarthins:

It there fore means u hadn't bn reading ur scripture very well. If hell doesn't exist why did jesus tell d people d story of lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16. Read it no fool ur self

Pastor , Kindly answer these: is the rich man and Lazarus story , a story about some immaterial spirits?

waiting for your reply
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
jonbellion:
Good comment...and the Muslims(21%) believe all others will burn in hell for not believing in Muhammed. That's my problem with religion too many confusion

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

which truth , hehehehehe its all in your head.

if You dont exist before you were conceived, How then are you gonna continue to exist after you are DEAD! think.

That same person that made you exist from non existence will make you b exist after your death if he likes.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by aftatechbiz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Zitere1:
Anyone is free to believe what he wants to believe. I just pray you won't realize that you have been believing and defending the lie all your life when it's too late. As for me I go with JW on this topic cos they have sat me down and convinced me with many scriptures.

The Op needs to bare his mind on what he really has against JW. He is arguing his points blindfoldedly. There is nothing like burning people for eternity in hell fire by this our loving God. What has God stand to benefit seeing people burning in fire, shouting and feeling pains eternally. If I a sinful and wicked human being cannot do that, how do you expect a righteous, loving God to do that for humans He created imperfect. He is God of justice, he wont allow you to be burning in fire for eternity despite living on earth for 70,80 ..100 years. He will once destroy evil doers and that is their punishment - DESTRUCTION. And besides, what is burnt in fire does not exist again.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Making sense is not the matter. God said it, you are checking your senses, who gave you the senses? Asking if it makes sense is asking God if his word makes sense.
All you need is to believe God's word and get yourself free from everlasting tornment.
And another god(Allah) says your kind will burn in hell. who to believe?

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

One thing you guys don't want to realise is that humans are SPIRIT beings whose housing or casing is his body/flesh. When man dies, his sheds his casing or flesh, the spirit is eternal. I Thes 5:23. Philippians 1 vs 20-24. 

Yea, you do not exist before you were born, but you will fully realise your existence after death. God knew you before you were formed, he knew you will doubt him. He knew you will argue argue about this topic. 

The occults know that life is spiritual, so they control life from the spiritual realm. They control humans (people who don't accept Jesus) to do immoral things and do evil. They know there is life after death.

Most atheist are from christian backgrounds who feel God's laws are cumbersome. They feel God is unreasonable. What a pity! That Is why they argue from the bible point. God is never bothered, cos he knows those people will regret at the end.    ‎

Repent before it is too late

when discussing with an atheist you dont use bible verses.He doesn't believe in it in the first place.you use that same "logic" that made him a disbeliever to counter him.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
To the atheist,its better to be a religious person here on earth to be on a saver side.

If it turn out to be that God doesn't exist after your death,so be it.

And if God does exist after your death you wouldn't have anything to loose!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:

That same person that made you exist from non existence will make you b exist after your death if he likes.

All living things experience death, in this context,

Define death ?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Jephz(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Jephz(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Oga know know... the Bible didn't say Satan will burn in hell fire ...Bible only mentioned that it will be thrown into lake of fire...and it explain further by saying"it means the 2nd death"...... I'll advice u to find out what 2nd death means 1st before u start staying what u do not know.... God is impartial... he told Adam and Eve d oga kpata kpata of sin that they'll return to dust ...why then will he burn people that was not even there when they committed d sin in hell fire ...... .. try to find out things before u start concluding .. I'm not here to argue ....but if I were u ... I'll want to dig deep...do more research........ and Oga...go and do more research concerning soldom and Gomorrah... if u can't on ur own ...find someone reasonable to assist u.

3 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

All living things experience death, in this context,

Define death ?
permanent separation of soul from the body.Its a form of permanent sleep because the same thing occurs while sleeping.your soul which is the real you is temporarily seized by God and Go into unconsciousness.That is why

1.you can never tell the exert time you started sleeping because it not under your control.

2.dream is the perfect example of life after death.

so,when one dies,its the soul that is taken away not that the person existence get erased and the soul can be handled anyhow by the person that gave it to you and you will still feel the handling weither enjoyment or suffering like you do while dreaming and your body will be physically existing here just like people see your sleeping body but will not know what you are going through in the dream.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:
permanent separation of soul from the body.Its a form of permanent sleep because the same thing occurs while sleeping.your soul which is the real you is temporarily seized by God and Go into unconsciousness.That is why

1.you can never tell the exert time you started sleeping because it not under your control.

2.dream is the perfect example after death.

so,when one dies,its the soul that is taken away not that the person existence get erased.

note: DEATH is experienced by all living things on earth. exact same five letter word . so does this above Definition of DEATH apply to EVERY living thing ?

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

does this definition of DEATH apply to ALL living things or its just personal philosophy?
...It applies to all living thing!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by achorladey: 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:

Preach a kingdom without entry qualification? Even university admission has one. If repentance is not required, preaching is not needed cos everyone will be automatically qualified.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. I say repent!

The JWs that preach to you about God's Kingdom will go further to read John 17:3 that states what is required for you to gain everlasting life. John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
From this you should be reasonable enough to know that the person that has the knowledge of God and Jesus christ must certainly know that repentance is necessary to gain life.
The fire brigade approach your likes adopt is the reason your people shunt from one place to another, because most don't really know what is required of them. Oh that brochure ''WHAT DOES GOD REQUIRE OF US''. Knowledge is power they say. Learn, seek you will find!!!

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:
...It applies to all living thing!

getting interesting, so you mean if I killed one Chicken from the poultry , the Chicken has a Soul that lives on somewhere else ... it's existence doesnt end at death ?

Do living things like dogs and Cats also go to heaven after they die since death is just a separation of Soul from their bodies ?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Sunnyja: 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
AyamCon fidence:
oga gerout joor
In the account of creation show me where it was said that God created hell fire. Also, the doctrine of hell from christedom tells us that hell is a firey torment where the soul "burn forever". This is against God's attribute of LOVE. How just will God be to keep his creatures for thousands of years in hell for sins committed while on earth for just may be 70 - 80 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Governor Yahaya Bello / Kukah: Nigerian Leaders Steal Money, Go To Jerusalem, Saudi To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.