Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! (2734 Views)

Can An App Like Whatsapp Be Built In Nigeria And How Much Will It Cost / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 19, 2017
[b[i]]Thank you everyone for coming
It has always been my dream to create an IM like whatsapp and Google allo.
I started learning erlang (the programming language that created whatsapp) and it is difficult.
The problem is that l have no experience in computer programming.
I don't know whether I should continue erlang or start with the basics.
Please guys help:
Is there any other programming language I should learn (please specify)?
Is there any group I can connect (like whatsapp) where to meet fellow programmers?
How long should one learn a language to be called a boss?
What programming language will l need for Making IM?
What is the best way to learn a programming language, is it by writing down code or typing G into the computer?
How many years will I need to achieve this?
Is there any pdf or tutorials I can get?
GOD bless you as you help a brother I need
[/i][/b]
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Mcowubaba: 7:17pm On May 19, 2017
Nice dream....
Wishing you success..

Make I talk like an Average Nigerian
When you hammer, remember me grin wink
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by phensbassey: 7:17pm On May 19, 2017
wow......start basics oo
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 4dor: 7:33pm On May 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 19, 2017
You are on a loooooooong thing! But it is achievable.

I'll advised you to visit youtube there you will find playlists of tutorials on how you can be one!
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2017
You want to build a mansion and you have no idea what a spade is..... Don't waste your time asking dummas questions.... Go to google and start your research....
My android game launches very soon... Its going to be a success

1 Like

Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by EmekaEmeruwa: 8:00pm On May 20, 2017
0luwatope:
You want to build a mansion and you have no idea what a spade is..... Don't waste your time asking dummas questions.... Go to google and start your research....
pls guy i need to go to another computer sch.can u help wit a better one?
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
0luwatope:
bro. I want to be an android developer.. Pls how do i start.. I have no knowledge in programming
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2017
EmekaEmeruwa:
pls guy i need to go to another computer sch.can u help wit a better one?
Schools don't teach people how to program, I learn dem online
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2017
samyomz:
bro. I want to be an android developer.. Pls how do i start.. I have no knowledge in programming
Them go get a knowledge in programming, google is your friend
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by EmekaEmeruwa: 11:30pm On May 20, 2017
0luwatope:

Them go get a knowledge in programming, google is your friend
and we want to make u our friend.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by lekropasky(m): 10:41am On May 21, 2017
You really don't need to learn erlang. WhatsApp server is called ejabberd and it was built using Erlang because Erlang support for concurrency is great.
All you need to learn is XMPP specification, learn the rules to follow when communicating with an XMPP server like ejabberd.
Most languages already have XMPP client library created by industry experts.
If you are intrested in Java, you can check Smack by igniterealtime

https://github.com/igniterealtime/Smack

It's a full fledged XMPP client library that implements every feature that can be found in any XMPP server.

XMPP is a really advanced stuff. You have to be determined to understand it.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 11:07am On May 21, 2017
EmekaEmeruwa:
and we want to make u our enemy.
that's fantastic !!
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by klefjoxey: 4:31pm On May 21, 2017
Ugonwaeze14:
I started learning erlang (the programming language that created whatsapp) and it is difficult.
Please guys help:
Is there any group I can connect (like whatsapp) where to meet fellow programmers?
What is the best way to learn a programming language, is it by writing down code or typing G into the computer?
[/i][/b]
Hello. You do not need to learn erlang to create a chat application like whatsapp. You should know that programming languages are just tools. You can use any language you want to create the chat application. The developers of whatsapp chose erlang because that is what they know best. Just pick up javascript and you can create a chat application with Nodejs or Reactjs.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by chukstem: 5:00pm On May 21, 2017
Ugonwaeze14:
Please guys help:
[/i][/b]
Call me on 08060426915
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by EmekaEmeruwa: 5:43pm On May 21, 2017
klefjoxey:

Hello. You do not need to learn erlang to create a chat application like whatsapp. You should know that programming languages are just tools. You can use any language you want to create the chat application. The developers of whatsapp chose erlang because that is what they know best. Just pick up javascript and you can create a chat application with Nodejs or Reactjs.
pls hw do i learn all these stuff u guys hv been saying?am just a novice

1 Like

Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2017
Best advice i can give will be to Learn Java, and then j2me, Or Since Java is dying now and Kotlin is coming up, Study and learn That instead.
Understand how sockets in general behave and how to send and receive bytes in Java and then try to do somethings using Client and server.

Most dumb guys here who mistake themselves for programmers will just be saying the stupid crap outta things like this to discourage you, but it can be achieved, use Java or Pascal. Skype was written in Pascal.

References to Read http://www.java-samples.com/showtutorial.php?tutorialid=738 and https://anujarosha./2011/07/26/chat-application-in-j2me/

Its Not impossible. It can be done.
Good luck.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by EmekaEmeruwa: 7:37pm On May 22, 2017
gimakon:
Best advice i can give will be to Learn Java, and then j2me, Or Since Java is dying now and Kotlin is coming up, Study and learn That instead.
Understand how sockets in general behave and how to send and receive bytes in Java and then try to do somethings using Client and server.

Most dumb guys here who mistake themselves for programmers will just be saying the stupid crap outta things like this to discourage you, but it can be achieved, use Java or Pascal. Skype was written in Pascal.

References to Read http://www.java-samples.com/showtutorial.php?tutorialid=738 and https://anujarosha./2011/07/26/chat-application-in-j2me/

Good luck.
nice talk bro.but pls where and hw do i learn all these?
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2017
gimakon:

Good luck.
Before I vex and say vague things.... explain the term Java is dying and kotlin taking over java
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Codes151(m): 8:13am On May 23, 2017
Ugonwaeze14:
Please guys help:
[/i][/b]
i can make An app for u.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 23, 2017
0luwatope:

Before I vex and say vague things.... explain the term Java is dying and kotlin taking over java

In terms of Mobile development, Java (Would i say) Is dying, Read about Kotlin taking over java all over google. Your answers are there.
Languages like Python, Pascal, Objective C , C++ rock now, Your blackberry 10 OS is build on Momentix, Pure C++, even C# is shaking good hands with xamarin and Mono... just feed your eyes on google. Answers are there.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 23, 2017
EmekaEmeruwa:
nice talk bro.but pls where and hw do i learn all these?

I gave a Reference point. You can begin from there.
Google is your friend.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by EmekaEmeruwa: 6:35pm On May 23, 2017
gimakon:

I gave a Reference point. You can begin from there. Google is your friend.
pls can i hv ur contact no?
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 23, 2017
EmekaEmeruwa:
pls can i hv ur contact no?

Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by 0luwatope(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2017
gimakon:

In terms of Mobile development, Java (Would i say) Is dying, Read about Kotlin taking over java all over google. Your answers are there.
Languages like Python, Pascal, Objective C , C++ rock now, Your blackberry 10 OS is build on Momentix, Pure C++, even C# is shaking good hands with xamarin and Mono... just feed your eyes on google. Answers are there.
You don scatter my brain.... Make I jejely go read for 2moro test, or make I go find trouble for anoda person whey no sabi anytin
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by airsaylongcon: 12:09am On May 28, 2017
Have you considered forking Telegram?
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by adenuga558(m): 11:24pm On May 28, 2017
airsaylongcon:
Have you considered forking Telegram?
forking telegram on github is not d best ideal but u can just peap at telegram code and form yours. bro if Ur social network blow u may be sue to court by telegram owner.
Re: Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! by adenuga558(m): 11:02am On May 30, 2017
Ugonwaeze14:
Please guys help:
[/i][/b]
let work together
whatsapp me @ 08142528303

(1) (Reply)

Sending Email / The Best E-commerce Platform For Nigeria (opensource) / I Saw This Nigerian Java/Python Instructor On UDEMY And It Made Me Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.