Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Hausas And The Honda Brand - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hausas And The Honda Brand (3498 Views)

The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord / Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 7:15am On May 20, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I've always had this question on my mind and it's " Why do hausa men prefer the Honda  brand so much ? ".   Lots of people of Hausa extraction find it difficult to own and actually use any other automobile brand. Let's keep this thread moving, drop your comments below and please people let's not turn this thread into a tribal war. 

Cc - lalasticlala, Mynd44, obinoscopy, Seun, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Autojosh, Gazzuz

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by cosby02(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2017
Comments
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45am On May 20, 2017
Engine build quality is superb, Fail safe modes created to Limp mode /Safe modes Built into Engine electronics to prevent Excessive engine or transmission wear in case of failure, Good 2nd hand value, Excellent fuel economy on Engines with smaller sizes, Cheap and affordable Used and New parts, Interesting dashboard with a lot of buttons and gadgets.

Hondas are Durable vehicles If managed properly.

10 Likes

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 7:51am On May 20, 2017
Gazzuzz, I thought you were about to say something
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by Nobody: 8:01am On May 20, 2017
Honda spare parts are cheap and available than any other brand, most nothern road are flat and smooth for Honda,

2 Likes

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by lilmax(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2017
didn't notice
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2017
Asapcymg:
Honda spare parts are cheap and available than any other brand, most nothern road are flat and smooth for Honda,

Makes sense
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by adanny01(m): 8:11am On May 20, 2017
Am not Hausa but a northerner. My car fleet must always have Honda Accord or Civic. It is my preference. Am currently using my 3rd Accord.

I have also noticed that Honda is a prefered Hausa brand.

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 8:12am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:
Am not Hausa but a northerner. My car fleet must always have Honda Accord or Civic. It is my preference. Am currently using my 3rd Accord.

Nice, but why do you have an affinity for Honda?
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by adanny01(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2017
obidevine:

Nice, but why do you have an affinity for Honda?

1. Honda design
2. Spare part costs
3. Performance

I recognize the major problem with Honda is front upper arms, ball joints and tie rod ends. These are very easy and cheap fix compared to the very expensive shocks problems with Toyota.

Another problem i have with Honda is tire wear. Tires usually wear at inside edges not matter how you make effort to keep the suspension good form.

I like Toyota for very quiet engine.

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

1. Honda design
2. Spare part costs
3. Performance

I recognize the major problem with Honda is front upper arms, ball joints and tie rod ends. These are very easy and cheap fix compared to the very expensive shocks problems with Toyota.

Another problem i have with Honda is tire wear. Tires usually wear at inside edges not matter how you make effort to keep the suspension good form.

Ball joint issues is a major deterrent in buying Honda cars, especially in the " Eod" and " Baby boy"
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by adanny01(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2017
obidevine:

Ball joint issues is a major deterrent in buying Honda cars, especially in the " Eod" and " Baby boy"

As far as am concerned, its not a problem. If it happens to me, i cant blame Honda but myself. I should have noticed that the ball joint is bad but kept on driving.

I have driven my car (EOD) for 4 years now but have never replaced the ball joints. The ball joint also cause tire wear but people still fail to notice.

The people who experience the pull out should blame themselves not Honda.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

As far as am concerned, its not a problem. If it happens to me, i cant blame Honda but myself. I should have noticed that the ball joint is bad but kept on driving.

I have driven my car (EOD) for 4 years now but have never replaced the ball joints. The ball joint also cause tire wear but people still fail to notice.

True

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by Piyke: 9:45am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

1. Honda design
2. Spare part costs
3. Performance

Do you rotate your tires as recommended? Never noticed this in my 9 years of owning one
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by dasphinx1(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

[/b] I have driven my car (EOD) for 4 years now but have never replaced the ball joints. The ball joint also cause tire wear but people still fail to notice [b].

God bless you for the bolded. Most Nigerians tend to pass the blame on Honda rather than being realistic with the fact that the tire pull is the fault of the user.

My previous honda car (baby boy), never gave me any pullout issue for once. And this is a car i used for 8years before selling it late 2014. My cousin decided to run a test(in lagos) on his 05 EOD with faulty ball joints to determine time period before pullout. He said he got to drive the car for 3months straight before the pullout happenned. Now, i know the experiment is subjective but is 3months not enough to get the ball joints replaced in order to avoid a pull out? Most Nigerians dont thinks so, except to lay the blame on Honda for their faults and negligence when it eventually happens.... My mum always says treat your car right, and it will not disappoint you.

2 Likes

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by adanny01(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2017
Piyke:

Do you rotate your tires as recommended? Never noticed this in my 9 years of owning one

I rotate my tires every 2 months. The rear is my problem.
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by bsideboii(m): 1:10pm On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

I rotate my tires every 2 months. The rear is my problem.
Pls, When you say "Rotate" what do you actually mean?
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by adanny01(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2017
bsideboii:
Pls, When you say "Rotate" what do you actually mean?

As part of service, car tire positions are supposed to be swapped or rotated to different positions in the car. Example front tires go to the back while back tires come front. In addition, left and right tires can be swapped too.
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by bsideboii(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

As part of service, car tire positions are supposed to be swapped or rotated to different positions in the car. Example front tires go to the back while back tires come front. In addition, left and right tires can be swapped too.
Ooh....Thanks for educating me.

2 Likes

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

Thanks for this info

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by YModulosGodSon: 4:37pm On May 20, 2017
It's quite obvious na

They both start with letter 'H'

if Hausa man no drive Honda, he go drive Hyundai

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by ironheart(m): 4:47pm On May 20, 2017
Cheap to maintain. Fuel economy. A typical hausa man needs reliable vehicle. Honda are reliable at all times. Even students can maintain a honda
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by lonelydora: 5:27pm On May 20, 2017
obidevine:

I have been driving my EOD for 6 years now and never had any ball joint pull out. Nigerians prefer the fake/cheaper spare parts and have breakdown maintenance attitude.

Meanwhile Op, Hausas have shifted from Honda to Mercedes Benz. Not vboot or 190 oooo.
Go to Abuja, Kaduna, or Minna and see what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2017
bottom line is..... northerners enjoy good tear rubber roads, stayed in the North for a good number of years, travelled extensively, one thing worthy of note is....... even in remote areas; places like imane, iyah gbede and the likes; they have superb roads. even when I needed a personal car. I bought an almost tear rubber prelude from one top shot hu rarely drives the car. for 1yr+ all I did was change oil and filter and one time upper clutch kitting... now take the same scenario to the South... it'll be an entirely different story. Southerners enjoy Toyota more and I tend to agree with Dem. besides northerners have the big bucks needed for OEM parts, most Southerners r just tryn to kip up.
nothing like that proverb that says ..... when in the North behave like the North, when in the South? do likewise.

I love Honda cars with a passion but I wanna go French for now

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2017
lonelydora:

I have been driving my EOD for 6 years now and never had any ball joint pull out. Nigerians prefer the fake/cheaper spare parts and have breakdown maintenance attitude.

Meanwhile Op, Hausas have shifted from Honda to Mercedes Benz. Not vboot or 190 oooo.

Yeah I know they also like Benz

1 Like

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2017
lonelydora:

u r so true, and if Honda hates abuse, what do u think Merc will do? and most of them are 4matic. they have people like kingreign there for them to assist resolve cases.

in the east here, hu can we couch for?
c'mon people talk now oh, let's see what u have to say.
infact let's start a thread!!

lagos- gazuzz, honmusa, mayor2013, nurey.....too much to mention.
abuja- kingreign......
owerri-. NOBODY
ABAKALIKI NKO?--NOBODY
OK WHAT OF PH?--OROZ AND........ someone else, gazuzz can tell us

lemme give u a hint! i had to fly in a mech(Austin) from Lagos to Imo one toyota Sequoia, cos of TPS, just TPS oh peeps, like 6mechs from several parts of the South had already tried their hands . the guy charged us shege.
is that what we want in the South?
gimme a competent gazuzz in the South and I'll go Honda here, I promise
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2017
peeps talking about parts like Southerners don't like good durable things?
getting me pissed off.
what of the technical know how?

a service someone in Lagos will get almost for free, here u might need to empty ur account. is that the practice u guys r trying to emphasize. parts parts parts, hu will show us the part?

I asked gazuzz something sometime ago about 2azfe engine, he told me the most sensible thing anyone here on nl has ever said; " i must install the engine myself if I'm to purchase it"
if u like bring direct from Honda,; parts needed for a repair, u will need to physically be there for the swap or else the way they will knack the old one off with hammer when ur whole suspension will break.
hu has such time?

gimme a Gazuzz in the east and I'll convert and become a Honda everywhere any time believer. hoo ha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:51pm On May 20, 2017
wait first, now I'm really pissed. I spent over 100k on changing gear box, swapping ecu, and what not on an issue that wasn't resolved, was planning to sell the car wen I came across car talk and some men walked me through the process of scanning.

ps I solved that issue myself. an issue that I brought in people from onitsha, aba was remaining ph. all for one lousy knock sensor, the aba guy scanned, saw several codes, didn't research, then started throwing parts. he believed that the issue cannot be from knock sensor.
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by lonelydora: 5:53pm On May 20, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

u r so true, and if Honda hates abuse, what do u think Merc will do? and most of them are 4matic. they have people like kingreign there for them to assist resolve cases.

in the east here, hu can we couch for?
c'mon people talk now oh, let's see what u have to say.
infact let's start a thread!!

lagos- gazuzz, honmusa, mayor2013, nurey.....too much to mention.
abuja- kingreign......
owerri-. NOBODY
ABAKALIKI NKO?--NOBODY
OK WHAT OF PH?--OROZ AND........ someone else, gazuzz can tell us

lemme give u a hint! i had to fly in a mech(Austin) from Lagos to Imo one toyota Sequoia, cos of TPS, just TPS oh peeps, like 6mechs from several parts of the South had already tried their hands . the guy charged us shege.
is that what we want in the South?
gimme a competent gazuzz in the South and I'll go Honda here, I promise

Omo, they are many in PH. Just that most of them are not on Nairaland. I have directed many people to mechanics in PH. My mechanic has travelled to Enugu, Uyo, and Abakiliki to solve issues for customers.

My friend in Eket calls him whenever his car have issues. The problem with so many good mechanics I know is time to leave their workshop. No time at their hands.
The man here on Nairaland that called me from USA appreciated both my electrician and mechanic for a wonderful job they did on a car he shipped in.
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2017
lonelydora:

Omo, they are many in PH. Just that most of them are not on Nairaland. I have directed many people to mechanics in PH. My mechanic had travelled to Enugu, Uyo, and Abakiliki to solve issues for customers.

I wonder what Gazzuzz has to say about all this
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by lonelydora: 5:58pm On May 20, 2017
obidevine:

I wonder what Gazzuzz has to say about all this

Why do you think my 6 years EOD is sound till date?
Re: Hausas And The Honda Brand by obidevine(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2017
lonelydora:

Why do you think my 6 years EOD is sound till date?

Are you saying that Gazzuzz is a genius?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) / Acura Section / A Very Clean 2007 Hyundai SUV. Serious Buyer (Now N1.6m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.