Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL (1037 Views)

Hilarious Things Ever Done To Your Siblings / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2017
Let's say your father or mother passed on and wrote a will that leaves you with little or nothing out of the property while your siblings got the lion share. What would be your reaction, take it or suspect manipulation and fight?
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by mikky4764(f): 11:15am On May 20, 2017
If I am very sure that's the way it is, so be it except I suspect manipulation

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2017
mikky4764:
If I am very sure that's the way it is, so be it except I suspect manipulation

My sister, it's not easy o. It most likely will cause a long feud between you and your siblings except they decide on their volition to share it equally
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by thesicilian: 11:24am On May 20, 2017
No self respecting adult will fight his siblings over his father's property.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by Nobody: 11:26am On May 20, 2017
I always encourage people to care for people when they are alive because nothing is guaranteed just because you are a son does not mean you will be favored if you never made any efforts to love and care for them while they were alive.

A last will and testament is their last wishes so the truth is unfortunately you were not in their last wishes. So many factors could come to play but never forget Parents know their Children

You can choose to fight or cry out to God why did they choose to? What is it about you that made them think you may not be able to handle much no matter what we all have to strive to leave something behind

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2017
I knew a woman who gave her grandchild a flat and gave her own daughter a shop in the WILL .She loved her grandchild more than the girl's mother who was her daughter. How would the woman who got a shop perceive her daughter for getting more from her mother? Interesting
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by sisisioge: 12:06pm On May 20, 2017
seyi360:
I knew a woman who gave her grandchild a flat and gave her own daughter a shop in the WILL .She loved her grandchild more than the girl's mother who was her daughter. How would the woman who got a shop perceive her daughter for getting more from her mother? Interesting

It is the same thing. If my Grama gifts me a flat and my mom a shop, she has gifted my mom a flat and shop be that. She has gifted me a flat and shop be that. Same same.

By the way, nobody owes anybody anything. If your parents spent a lot educating and nurturing you, you shouldn't be brooding over inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2017
Foremost, let me digress a bit. Actually, it's always appalling to hear most people assumed that the biggest beneficiary of a will is automatically the most loved by the benefactor. . . In most cases, this erroneous assumption isn't always true. What's truth is that, most realists do will bigger shares of their estates, to those they observed are less economically equip and with less potentials amongst all their loved ones.

To the main question, it's only those who're naturally inclined to handouts, that will fight their siblings/any beneficiary over a will that wasn't so favorable to him. Personally, I can't.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2017
Personally, I can't and won't fight for any Will irrespective of whether such Will was manipulated or not.

Humans should strive for their own success instead of waiting for some freebies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by Eleniyan15: 9:50am On May 21, 2017
if you successful on your own I don't think you should give a Fvck about Any Will.

Now playing grin

Late barrister - Family planning
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2017
Eleniyan15:
if you successful on your own I don't think you should give a Fvck about Any Will.

Now playing grin

Late barrister - Family planning

In other words, you can throw away an inheritance. Even if your father were a Dangote. I haff hia you
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by eyinjuege: 1:08pm On May 21, 2017
seyi360:

My sister, it's not easy o. It most likely will cause a long feud between you and your siblings except they decide on their volition to share it equally

Sharing it equally means they're going against the wishes of the deceased. Unless they really want to, they shouldn't be made to feel guilty if they don't
They really don't have to.
There's a reason the owner of the property wrote his will as he did.
The child excluded from the will, has he continually been a source of sorrow to the parents? Has he always made them weep because of his actions? Has he always fought his parents? Have they kept bailing him out over and over again because of the stupid/ wrong decisions he always made? Maybe they've spent his own share of his inheritance on him when the parents were still alive?

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by babythug(f): 4:50pm On May 21, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
Foremost, let me digress a bit. Actually, it's always appalling to hear most people assumed that the biggest beneficiary of a will is automatically the most loved by the benefactor. . . In most cases, this erroneous assumption isn't always true. What's truth is that, most realists do will bigger shares of their estates, to those they observed are less economically equip and with less potentials amongst all their loved ones.

To the main question, it's only those who're naturally inclined to handouts, that will fight their siblings/any beneficiary over a will that wasn't so favorable to him. Personally, I can't.

Well said! Though I once heard of siblings whose mother's will though favourable to all somehow had the second daughter as least beneficiary ie where everyone else had two or more property she had one! And she voiced it out! Though it didn't cause a rift! I guess it's "human" to notice if a will isn't "equally shared"

1 Like

Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:

Easier said than done
Re: Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL by seyi360(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Personally, I can't and won't fight for any Will irrespective of whether such Will was manipulated or not.

Humans should strive for their own success instead of waiting for some freebies

This isn't about freebies in the way you have put it. Even the Bible puts it this way " A good man leaves inheritance for his children's children" Prov. 13:22 .Its more or less your biological right and until it happens to you and you walk away from it, don't think you can really ascertain what your action and reaction will be.

(1) (Reply)

I Enjoyed Sex With My Daughter – Father Confesses / These Are What Happens To Us In The Dream: Why We Dream Dreams / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.