Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It (681 Views)

Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 20, 2017
I went to the market this morning and in my absence, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company restored electricity supply. I however noticed that anything metal in the apartment now shocks whenever you touch it. From the kitchen sink, the tap in the sink, the taps in the bathrooms, the shower switch and even the doors.

I have cut off the electricity supply to the apartment but I'm still experiencing the electric shocks.

Please who can tell me what is wrong and what can be done?
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by Destined2win: 2:08pm On May 20, 2017
Leave that place now and alert authorities. There is still basic electricity
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by GogetterMD(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2017
The grounding (earthing) of the apartment mains needs to be checked
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by nextprince: 2:11pm On May 20, 2017
Extremism:
I went to the market this morning and in my absence, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company restored electricity supply. I however noticed that anything metal in the apartment now shocks whenever you touch it. From the kitchen sink, the tap in the sink, the taps in the bathrooms, the shower switch and even the doors.

I have cut off the electricity supply to the apartment but I'm still experiencing the electric shocks.

I suspect earthing problem. Get an electrician to check the point at which mains supply gets into your house. The earth/ground might have lost continuity or lost contact.
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by Larryfest(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2017
You better leave the apartment before stories that touch begin dey happen...my 2cents thou
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by nextprince: 2:17pm On May 20, 2017
Larryfest:
You better leave the apartment before stories that touch begin dey happen...my 2cents thou

Stop scaring him for nothing. A solution has been proffered. Check through the thread. It is a simple connection/disconnection fault.
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by tolugar: 2:21pm On May 20, 2017
Extremism:

Maybe it's a natural phenomenon.

you can tap through the source and distribute to your neighbors

for money.

Up NEPA
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by Yuneehk(f): 2:31pm On May 20, 2017
Extremism:

I've experienced it before. We couldn't wash plates in the kitchen sink without wearing a pair of Dunlop slippers if not we'll experience the shock. Call an electrician to come check it. That was how we solved ours.
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by agarawu23(m): 2:38pm On May 20, 2017
GogetterMD:
The grounding (earthing) of the apartment mains needs to be checked
exactly
Re: Help!!! Everything Metal In My Apartment Shocks When You Touch It by begwong: 4:02pm On May 20, 2017
Suspecting your village witches and wizards oooooh!

(1) (Reply)

Rent Or Buy a 3/4 Bedroom Duplex In Ajah With Just 1m / With 200k You Can Be A Landlord In Mararaba, Abuja. Royalty Park & Garden Estate / Sharp Sand 20 Tonnes @ 52,000!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.