Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix (1578 Views)

Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria / Bishop David Abioye: "Don't Vote For People That Value Cow More Than Life" / Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 4:51pm On May 20, 2017
PROFESSOR Yan-Der Hsuuw is the director of embryo research at Taiwan’s National Pingtung University of Science and Technology. He once believed in evolution, but after becoming a research scientist, he changed his mind. He explained his reasons to Awake!
Please tell us a little about your background.
I was born in 1966 and grew up in Taiwan. My parents’ religion was based on both Taoism and Buddhism. Although we worshipped our ancestors and prayed to images, we never entertained the concept of a personal Creator.
Why did you study biology?
As a child, I liked caring for pets, and I wanted to learn how to relieve animals and people of suffering. For a time, I studied veterinary medicine, and later I studied embryology—a field that I hoped would also shed light on the origin of life.
You believed in evolution at the time. Can you tell us why?
The university professors taught evolution, claiming that evidence supports it. I believed them.
Why did you start reading the Bible?
My motive was twofold. First, I reasoned that of the many gods that people worship, one must be greater than the others. But which one? Second, I knew that the Bible is a highly respected book. So I joined Bible study classes.
When I started studying at Belgium’s Catholic University of Leuven in 1992, I visited a Catholic church and asked the priest to help me understand the Bible, but he declined my request.
So how was your spiritual hunger satisfied?
Two years later, while I was still in Belgium doing scientific research, I met a Polish lady named Ruth, who was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. She had learned Chinese in order to help university students who wanted to learn about God. I had prayed for such help, so I was delighted to meet her.
Ruth showed me that the Bible, while not a science book, is in harmony with science. For example, the Bible writer David said in prayer to God: “Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; all its parts were written in your book regarding the days when they were formed, before any of them existed.” ( Psalm 139:16 ) Although David was using poetic language, in principle, he was right! Even before body parts form, the instructions for their development are all there. The accuracy of the Bible helped convince me that it is God’s Word. I also began to appreciate that there is only one true God, Jehovah.
What convinced you that God created life?
A goal of scientific research is to find the truth, not to support preconceived ideas. My study of embryo development led me to change my view—that is, I concluded that life was created. To illustrate, engineers design assembly lines so that the right parts are fitted together in the right order and in the right way. Embryo development is somewhat similar but vastly more complex.
The process all starts with a single fertilized cell, doesn’t it?
Yes. That microscopic cell then divides, starting the process of cell division. For a time, the number of cells doubles every 12 to 24 hours. Early in this process, cells called stem cells form.
Stem cells can produce almost any of the 200 or so different cell types needed for a fully formed baby, such as blood cells, bone cells, nerve cells, and so on.
The right cells must be produced in the right order and at the right places. First they assemble into tissues that will in turn assemble themselves into organs and limbs. What engineer even dreams of writing instructions for such a process? Yet, the instructions for embryo development are superbly written in DNA. When I consider the beauty of it all, I’m convinced that life was designed by God.
Why did you become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
In a word, love. Jesus Christ said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” ( John 13:35 ) That love is impartial. It is not influenced by a person’s nationality, culture, or skin color. I both observed and experienced that kind of love when I began to associate with the Witnesses.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Born2Freak(f): 5:12pm On May 20, 2017
grin

Mumu Jehovah witness propaganda.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by OtemAtum: 5:23pm On May 20, 2017
DOCTUFOS: Aferk 29: 32-35
32. I do not want to say this, but I shall do so; you have heard that you should not mix religion with the matter of health. I also add this; do not mix religion with the matter of business.
33. For whatever you mix religion with shall not succeed. For many great nations have been brought down by religion.
34. And many great kingdoms have been crushed by the weight of religion. And many honest nations have been made dishonest by the lies of religion.
35. And many wise nations have turned to foolishness by the dirt of religion.

Religion and science have different gods behind them. The gods of religion such as Allah, Yahweh, Mazda, Moloch etc are of lesser knowledge and wisdome than the gods of wisdom like Atum, Chaleb, Chimides, Jupitus, Zog, etc.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 20, 2017
Here we go again....
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 6:52pm On May 20, 2017
OtemAtum:

Religion and science have different gods behind them. The gods of religion such as Allah, Yahweh, Mazda, Moloch etc are of lesser knowledge and wisdome than the gods of wisdom like Atum, Chaleb, Chimides, Jupitus, Zog, etc.
True science and Bible ALWAYS agree. There are at least three or four instances.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 6:52pm On May 20, 2017
Born2Freak:
grin
Mumu Jehovah witness propaganda.

is that your best shot?
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Droldnallufepoh: 7:16pm On May 20, 2017
scientific way of thinking vs religious way of thinking:

science:
start from the facts and then go to a conclusion that explains them.
if evidence contradicts with a conclusion you either admit it is wrong, you either change the conclusion or do more research to find more facts to defend it.

religion:
start from the conclusion and if possible find facts that(you think) they confirm it,other wise just keep talking like it is the truth.
if evidence contradicts to the conclusion then either deny the evidence or make up stories about the evidence or make more conclusions and never forget the argument"you can't prove other wise"

2 Likes

Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Akiintom: 7:33pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
True science and Bible ALWAYS agree. There are at least three or four instances.

True science \\ Bible

Can we have the instances?
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by OtemAtum: 7:36pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
If science and bible only agrees just in three or four instances, then it really shows the weakness of the Bible in the matter of knowledge . Even the knowledge of the herbalists and traditional religions agree more than three or four instances with science. In fact, science is an advanced form of traditional knowledge. Check the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH for a better understanding of the make of the Universe.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Droldnallufepoh: 7:40pm On May 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
If science and bible only agrees just in three or four instances, then it really shows the weakness of the Bible in the matter of knowledge . Even the knowledge of the herbalists and traditional religions agree more than three or four instances with science. In fact, science is an advanced form of traditional knowledge. Check the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH for a better understanding of the make of the Universe.

nice one
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 8:54pm On May 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
The Bible is NOT a science text book, but the few times it touches on any thing scientific, it is hundred 100% accurate.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 9:11pm On May 20, 2017
Akiintom:

True science \\ Bible

Can we have the instances?
In the book of Isaiah, that place talked about the shape of the earth, and that it was hanging up on nothing, this was written thousands of years before the likes of Plato and Socrates existed, even at that time of the Greeks, the Greeks believed that the earth is being carried on shoulder by the god Atlas, and earthquakes occurred when he got tired and stumbled.
Another example is even further earlier, When the Egyptians ruled the world and the Isrealites left the country, God thought the Israelites how to handle sewage, at this time the Egyptians used human excreta as medicine which made the diseases much worse, but the Isrealites did not experience such debilitating diseases, also how to handle cases of leprosy.
Another one is King David poetically commenting on genetics when he said God saw his embryo and that all the instructions have been WRITTEN down before he was born, if you study genetics tou will agree with this passage, first of all David was not a scientist, the way the cells replicate without error shows that there is a sort of program that controls the process, now who wrote the programme? Remember in computer programming, programmes are also called instructions. So who wrote that app or instructions that controls our birth for example? Definitely not evolution.
The bible also commented on the water cycle.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Akiintom: 9:16pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
, also how to handle cases of leprosy. .
How was leprosy handled?
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by OtemAtum: 9:23pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
The Bible is NOT a science text book, but the few times it touches on any thing scientific, it is hundred 100% accurate.
Give me those instances when it was 100% accurate about scientific stuffs.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by OtemAtum: 9:33pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
In the book of Isaiah, that place talked about the shape of the earth, and that it was hanging up on nothing, this was written thousands of years before the likes of Plato and Socrates existed, even at that time of the Greeks, the Greeks believed that the earth is being carried on shoulder by the god Atlas, and earthquakes occurred when he got tired and stumbled.
Pls quote the passage of isaiah for us to see. However, I am aware of a passage of the Bible where they said the earth has a 2D shape i.e the shape of a circle. Is that the passage you were talking about?

.:
Another example is even further earlier, When the Egyptians ruled the world and the Isrealites left the country, God thought the Israelites how to handle sewage, at this time the Egyptians used human excreta as medicine which made the diseases much worse, but the Isrealites did not experience such debilitating diseases, also how to handle cases of leprosy.
Where was this in the Bible? This is all lies. And can you tell us the science Yahweh taught the Israeli. Tell us also how Yahweh taught the Israelite to handle sewage. The one I know was how Yahweh even encouraged the Israelites to be eating shhit. I will put the passage here later. [/quote]

.:
Another one is King David poetically commenting on genetics when he said God saw his embryo and that all the instructions have been WRITTEN down before he was born, if you study genetics tou will agree with this passage, first of all David was not a scientist, the way the cells replicate without error shows that there is a sort of program that controls the process, now who wrote the programme? Remember in computer programming, programmes are also called instructions. So who wrote that app or instructions that controls our birth for example? Definitely not evolution.
This is a very ignorant assertion. David didn't say anything like that, he said that his mother gave birth to him in sin, bla, bla, bla. So you mean Yahweh programmed sin in the gene of his creations? Has the scientists seen sin in the genes, no. So how does this correlate with science?

Once again, all these things are too shallow to be reconciled with science. Science and religions are not mate and cannot be.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 10:24pm On May 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
Pls quote the passage of isaiah for us to see. However, I am aware of a passage of the Bible where they said the earth has a 2D shape i.e the shape of a circle. Is that the passage you were talking about?

Where was this in the Bible? This is all lies. And can you tell us the science Yahweh taught the Israeli. Tell us also how Yahweh taught the Israelite to handle sewage. The one I know was how Yahweh even encouraged the Israelites to be eating shhit. I will put the passage here later.

Another one is King David poetically commenting on genetics when he said God saw his embryo and that all the instructions have been WRITTEN down before he was born, if you study genetics tou will agree with this passage, first of all David was not a scientist, the way the cells replicate without error shows that there is a sort of program that controls the process, now who wrote the programme? Remember in computer programming, programmes are also called instructions. So who wrote that app or instructions that controls our birth for example? Definitely not evolution. This is a very ignorant assertion. David didn't say anything like that, he said that his mother gave birth to him in sin, bla, bla, bla. So you mean Yahweh programmed sin in the gene of his creations? Has the scientists seen sin in the genes, no. So how does this correlate with science?

Once again, all these things are too shallow to be reconciled with science. Science and religions are not mate and cannot be.
You are stunned abi? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! from David did not say to it is too shallow to be reconciled with science, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! you are talking of 2D shape, I am an Igbo Biafran man, in Igbo language, there is no separate word for sphere or circle, all of them are kpurukpuru, eggs, oranges, ball, steering, tyres etc are all kpurukpuru, so don't let language or translation confuse you. Ie is Tsunami an English word? No, it is a Japanese word, what then did the English think of Tsunamis before their encounter with the Japanese? Did it mean that Tsunamis did not exist on planet earth? I want us to reason. But wait, wht do you people like to hold on to the shape part but fail to address the part that says that the earth is hanging up on nothing? The last thing I will do is to shout my beliefs on you, but I will reason with you.
For the sewage section, google is your friend.
As for David, once again Google is your friend?
It is not a must for you to be a christian but my aim is to let you know that Christianity does not forbid or negate scientific advancements, instead it encourages research.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 10:32pm On May 20, 2017
OtemAtum:

Where was this in the Bible? This is all lies. And can you tell us the science Yahweh taught the Israeli. Tell us also how Yahweh taught the Israelite to handle sewage. The one I know was how Yahweh even encouraged the Israelites to be eating shhit. I will put the passage here later.

Another one is King David poetically commenting on genetics when he said God saw his embryo and that all the instructions have been WRITTEN down before he was born, if you study genetics tou will agree with this passage, first of all David was not a scientist, the way the cells replicate without error shows that there is a sort of program that controls the process, now who wrote the programme? Remember in computer programming, programmes are also called instructions. So who wrote that app or instructions that controls our birth for example? Definitely not evolution. This is a very ignorant assertion. David didn't say anything like that, he said that his mother gave birth to him in sin, bla, bla, bla. So you mean Yahweh programmed sin in the gene of his creations? Has the scientists seen sin in the genes, no. So how does this correlate with science?

How does sin and genetics relate, sin is as result of the bad influence that is everywhere, you grow up to absorb these bad influences and those things tempt a person into doing bad things, it is not genetic.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 10:38pm On May 20, 2017
Akiintom:

How was leprosy handled?
They were quarantined, any clothing that they used are burnt, even the house is destroyed usually with fire so as to prevent the bacteria that cause leprosy from spreading and infecting other people, today it might seem as nothing to yo but even now, millions of people don't know much about leprosy let alone thousand years ago.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Akiintom: 11:42pm On May 20, 2017
GrandGarcon:
They were quarantined, any clothing that they used are burnt, even the house is destroyed usually with fire so as to prevent the bacteria that cause leprosy from spreading and infecting other people, today it might seem as nothing to yo but even now, millions of people don't know much about leprosy let alone thousand years ago.

*leprosy is MILDLY contagious. It doesn't require ANY of the outrageous precautions you listed. That reminds one of ebola.

*worshipers of Yahweh, did all that because of the fear of Yahweh. Because Yahweh had deceptively threaten, that he's capable of cursing with leprosy.

*the bible folks, NEVER knew that bacteria is the cause of leprosy. They only knew it occurs, when God places curse.

Your Bible is perfectly ignorant of science.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 7:40am On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

*leprosy is MILDLY contagious. It doesn't require ANY of the outrageous precautions you listed. That reminds one of ebola.

*worshipers of Yahweh, did all that because of the fear of Yahweh. Because Yahweh had deceptively threaten, that he's capable of cursing with leprosy.

*the bible folks, NEVER knew that bacteria is the cause of leprosy. They only knew it occurs, when God places curse.

Your Bible is perfectly ignorant of science.
Leprosy is mildly contagious? Na where you hear that one? In fact let me tell you when you see a leprous person, my brother abi sister, STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE! YOU DON'T USE AN EAR WEAR AS AN EYE WEAR! OR ELSE YOU WILL GO BLIND!
Are we still talking about health here, is it because it did not specifically mention bacteria that it became wrong? I mean why do you people reason like this? I thought you people said that atheism makes one wise, but based on your reasoning, I HIGHLY think it is otherwise, (no pun intended).
So you mean that because it did not mention the name of the bacteria that cause Leprosy, the protective information given to them was babash? Nna ehhh Abeg fear God ohhh.
The Bible is not a science text book but whenever it touches any thing scientific, it is 100% percent accurate, no one can argue against that, Even the so called top scientists have tried, to no avail.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by Akiintom: 8:19am On May 21, 2017
GrandGarcon:

Leprosy is mildly contagious? Na where you hear that one? .
I wouldn't have bordered replying you, but for the purpose of health education, I'm doing this.

Leprosy is MILDLY contagious!

A visit to the leprosarium, will help your perception, to move from primitive bible view, to scientific facts.

GrandGarcon:

In fact let me tell you when you see a leprous person, my brother abi sister, STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE! YOU DON'T USE AN EAR WEAR AS AN EYE WEAR! OR ELSE YOU WILL GO BLIND!

2 Kings 5:27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

*of course, when you're been guided by the myths above, you will continue to believe in errors.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by nobleblood: 8:40am On May 21, 2017
There is God ooooooooooo!

You've become wise in your own eyes.

Go back to sleep o man!
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 10:07am On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

I wouldn't have bordered replying you, but for the purpose of health education, I'm doing this.

Leprosy is MILDLY contagious!

A visit to the leprosarium, will help your perception, to move from primitive bible view, to scientific facts.

2 Kings 5:27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

*of course, when you're been guided by the myths above, you will continue to believe in errors.
Sorry, Leprosy is contagious! when it starts it starts like exema, but later you will find out that it is not exema.
Okay you are talking about myths. I am yet to see any myth that is like the one that says humans are descendants of monkeys, in fact you know what, what if a white man calls you a monkey? Why should you be annoyed? Of course you shouldn't be! Because you are a descendant of monkeys, or apes. Doesn't that sound absurd to you? What kind of stupid mythology is this? Is that what you call science? Anyways it is pseudoscience. Life originated from other planets, what planet is that? Others say it is from meteorites, why hasn't it happend again? since billions of years ago? And Squillions of $$ have been spent just to see if it happend somewhere else, all to no avail. Or other myths full of absurdities like evolution made living being get rid of certain body parts. WTF? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Okay, why is it that animals give birth easily but in humans, it is a matter of life and death?
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by raphieMontella: 10:10am On May 21, 2017
GrandGarcon:
lies from the pit of hell.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by raphieMontella: 10:14am On May 21, 2017
I really hate it when someone says the Bible is scientific. It infuriates me to the maximum.
Pls grandgarcon, show me the Bible verses. ..let me show you how much of a fictuous Very unscientific book the Bible is.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 11:39am On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
lies from the pit of hell.
you don't beleive in the bible but you beleive in hell, what an irony.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 11:41am On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
I really hate it when someone says the Bible is scientific. It infuriates me to the maximum.
Pls grandgarcon, show me the Bible verses. ..let me show you how much of a fictuous Very unscientific book the Bible is.
The bible is never a science text book, but whenever it touches anything scientific, it is 100% accurate. read the article above and the conversation on other posts below it. It infuriates you because you take a huge pride in ignorance and mental darkness.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by raphieMontella: 11:47am On May 21, 2017
GrandGarcon:
The bible is never a science text book, but whenever it touches anything scientific, it is 100% accurate. read the article above and the conversation on other posts below it.
Can't start quoting Wat Was meant for someone else .
2... Too long
But I can assure you.. .the Bible is unscientific
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by raphieMontella: 11:47am On May 21, 2017
GrandGarcon:
The bible is never a science text book, but whenever it touches anything scientific, it is 100% accurate. read the article above and the conversation on other posts below it. It infuriates you because you take a huge pride in ignorance and mental darkness.
Ignorance?
Says the person who believes snakes talk.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by raphieMontella: 11:48am On May 21, 2017
GrandGarcon:
you don't beleive in the bible but you beleive in hell, what an irony.
Sentences are a problem to you.
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

Ignorance?
Says the person who believes snakes talk.
another ignorance on your part. At Revelation, the devil was called the original or ancient snake or serpent, we can see that it wasn't really the snake that was talking but the devil, even actors and artists do that today, have you seen the lion king? was any of the animals there really talking? Was it really Simba's voice? There is also a similar movie but this one is not a cartoon, but the lions talked. But did they really talk? No! But we think the animals are really talking. That report is from the view point of Eve, she thought the snake really talked to her. Google the word Ventriloquist
Re: This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix by GrandGarcon: 12:19pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

Can't start quoting Wat Was meant for someone else .
2... Too long
But I can assure you.. .the Bible is unscientific
Then continue wallowing in your ignorance. You can't even read. How then can you make a simple research?

(1) (2) (Reply)

1914 Of The JW Has It Any Authenticity In History? / Ladies Can You Marry An Uncircumcised Guy? / Does God Have A Joystick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.