Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival (43576 Views)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by nazanwannem: 5:41pm On May 20, 2017
Coming after it was reported that a heavy rainfall was witnessed in some parts of Lagos, setting Nigerian Twitter on fire and leading to some claims that the 'rainfall was sent by the Ooni of Ife', the Eyo Masquerades defied the rain to hold their festival, marking the state's 50th celebration.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/eyo-masquerades-defy-rain-to-hold-to.html

1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by sleepyeyez(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2017
DEFY! English. Mtcheew. Rain don show dem shege. So What happened to eko rainmakers n their supposed powers?

Ehmm... Sorry o. I've seen people become ftc n go nuts,returning thanks n singing praises.
Now wey me sef don become first to comment, the money wey dey my account na still d same, why? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by superior1: 7:17pm On May 20, 2017
He who sent fire has also sent rain.

#sangotinz

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by iamVirus(m): 7:17pm On May 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by DollarAngel(m): 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
If Julius Berger could dispel rain during Road constructions how come we couldn't dispel the rain from falling today, I was disappointed,

13 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Zehner(f): 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
Athink say rain no dey touch them.....o well cheesy show must go on as they say

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by vict505(m): 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
Hian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
Colourful

4 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Ishilove: 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
The Ooni of Ife sent the rain. Don't mess wiv da gods grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by RIPEnglish: 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
When money is involving in it, rain can never stopped them in do the festival.

1 Like

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by phranq(m): 7:18pm On May 20, 2017
Issorite
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by teebaxy(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2017
Oni of Ife

3 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by emeijeh(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2017
Locked:
Purely Bini culture

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by FitnessDoctor: 7:19pm On May 20, 2017
Meaning the priest and the gods he serve has lost its power to hold the rain..

Interesting!!

Guys, remember that my ebooks are out already

HOW TO LOSE BELLY FAT AND KEEP IT THAT WAY

HOW TO LAST LONGER IN BED (NO DRUGS, NO STIMULANTS NEEDED)

Send a mail to healthnewsphases@gmail.com to get yours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by clefstone(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2017
white juju
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by siie: 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
Can Christians do this? ..I doubt it sad

2 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by CliffordOrji: 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
Eziokwu, As an Igbo man I must confess that the Yoruba's have got a very rich culture and History

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Olusharp(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
that is what we call dedication.... come rain come sun...
Eyo o Eyo o.. remembered those days at Lagos, Agege to be precise when you see them in their flowing white,hat and stick abi na wood... it was fun then...early 2002..some Nairalanders were not born then o...

in case you need an helping hand, check my signature...

2 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by dangotesmummy: 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Aromas: 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
Zehner:
A think say rain no dey touch them.....

Yea rain no dey touch dem b4....
Now de hustle as being hijacked by sharp guys grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by chinawapz(m): 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by mosegifted: 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
But e rain heavily here for owerri too naa, wetin be de difference.. just being curious

3 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by FitnessDoctor: 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
Guys, remember that my ebooks are out already

HOW TO LOSE BELLY FAT AND KEEP IT THAT WAY

HOW TO LAST LONGER IN BED (NO DRUGS, NO STIMULANTS NEEDED)

Send a mail to healthnewsphases@gmail.com to get yours
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by SIRmanjar(m): 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
So all those ife monkeys still dey eye lagos stool baa?Any body wey talk say na oni send the rain suppose go for serious checkup..Mumu pipo..LAGOS BENIN connect.. cool
LAGOS is bigger than ife infact LAGOS is the AMERICA of NIGERIA while ife is the MALAWI of NIGER..So u guys shuld betta respect my OBA.

1 Like

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
IpobExposed:
Biafra mascurade

otondo

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Partnerbiz(f): 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
Ordinary rain they couldn't stop.
If it was here, we would have stopped it since..
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by messiedidylakes(f): 7:21pm On May 20, 2017
odi egwu
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by mansoura(f): 7:22pm On May 20, 2017
Lol
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 20, 2017
grin
Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by forexbinary: 7:25pm On May 20, 2017
When their mates are busy making money on 9jabet undecided

13 Likes

Re: Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival by crazyABO(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2017
Na so dem don start undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo Training Boxing / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.