Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You (22232 Views)

Top 10 Uses Of OTG Cable That Will Blow Your Mind / 7 Uses Of OTG Cables On Android And Tablets / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by olarababi(f): 8:17pm On May 20, 2017
10 Awesome Uses Of The OTG Cable To Enjoy On-The-Go Functions

When it comes to smartphone device integrated technology, the USB OTG is definitely one of the coolest and over time, one of the most important inventions.

The USB OTG (On-The-Go) feature is enables two devices communicate, thus extending said device’s functionality.

Most of the time users of OTG basically use the feature for data transfer between their devices and an external storage unit, but the functions of OTG extends beyond that.

I will be listing 10 cool uses of the OTG cable in this write-up, check these awesome functions below:

1. Connecting As A Game Controller:

[img]https://2.bp..com/-jd_A6lgLzxk/WSCShT8Uw6I/AAAAAAAAB8M/dPam1W_LcmA7GV8kH0BONTcQBHFHH0ZgwCLcB/s1600/Game-Controller.jpg[/img]
With an OTG cable, smartphone users can connect a Game Controller to their devices to get a better gaming experience (e.g with PPSSPP games).

Most Android games support the use of an external gamepad and one awesome way of taking advantage of this is to connect an external game controller to your device qith an OTG cable.

2. Charging Your Android Smartphone With Another Device:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-IH6SP_s7Kxg/WSCSqWS1D7I/AAAAAAAAB8Q/xuCkFxB-ebQ_2bHFy9lzm2f4GrmDJ3ehQCLcB/s1600/Charge-from-one-device-to-another.jpg[/img]
This could be one of the most loved uses of an OTG cable (most especially when power is epileptic) by smartphone users. simply connect both smartphones using an OTG cable, one phone acts as the USB host and would charge the other device.

3. Connect A Potable Hard Drive:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-eURRw_od9Jc/WSCSzCnOk8I/AAAAAAAAB8U/GPJSRO5J4NQ6LIXajesHXOJxUlXtyIzeACLcB/s1600/Potable-Hard-Drive.jpg[/img]
This is the most used feature of the OTG cable (data transfer).
Simply plug the external storage drive (thumbdrive, harddisk etc) into the secondary port of the cable, its contents will be displayed on your smartphone and you can subsequently transfer data back and forth between both devices.

4. Connect To A Camera:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-lways8pZ0rM/WSCS8lxJLUI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/sFjtE-x6fZ8jMjuNX1BD2sLk-ZBotJhVACLcB/s1600/Camera.jpg[/img]
This is a cool feature of the OTG for Photographers, you can connect your camera to your smartphone with the OTG cable to transfer saved pictures to your smartphone thus clearing memory space on your camera for more pictures taking.

5. Connect To LAN Cable:

[img]https://4.bp..com/-tmZAK6GfqmI/WSCTJVg8L6I/AAAAAAAAB8c/3oZc_CVDcNU6bWFD-kWTlrnzE5TfI1F3gCLcB/s1600/LAN-Cable.jpg[/img]
This is especially helpful when you have a Broadband connection but have no Wi-Fi router.

Simply go get a LAN to USB controller and connect it as shown in the image above and Voila! you can make use of your broadband internet on your smartphone directly.

6. Connect A Sound Card Or Microphone:

[img]https://1.bp..com/-BPfyAUmU0mw/WSCTUK4GqpI/AAAAAAAAB8g/o69dDic3j9EIYIW_d68A9yq-llNMIMZ-ACLcB/s1600/Sound-Card.jpg[/img]
When your smartphone’s inbuilt mic is insufficient, a real microphone can be connected to deliver a high-quality recording. You can also connect a sound card to your Android phone with the help of an OTG cable.

In a case whereby your audio jack is not functioning, you can connect the sound card with a OTG cable and enjoy your music.

7. USB Keyboard:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-Lx24yorCDqY/WSCTcZoHUdI/AAAAAAAAB8k/gc74sAKawv0fPzisR8j-cEGBCGIFi97tgCLcB/s1600/USB-Keyboard.jpg[/img]
Typing on your smartphone could be tiring considering the small screen, using an OTG cable, users can connect a keyboard to their smartphones and configure it using Android’s built-in settings for external controllers.

8. USB Mouse:
[img]https://4.bp..com/-KlQlNzIovQ8/WSCTldO7L5I/AAAAAAAAB8o/lUMaBMtb1GQqeOdg5Epb92mRPRShRww1wCLcB/s1600/USB-Mouse.jpg[/img]
If your smartphone device has calibration issues, you can work your way around by connecting a USB mouse to your device using...you guessed right, an OTG cable.

9. USB Fan:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-2Qpk2UcZk0c/WSCTtK4b0OI/AAAAAAAAB8s/5hWJu6MuZp8byyvHjv3f4RdP5jzUTMkPgCLcB/s1600/OTG-fan.jpg[/img]
There are time when your smartphone device gets hot when being used heavily, you can on such occasion cool down your device by connecting a USB fan to your smartphone using (of course) an OTG cable.

ALSO SEE...Airtel Double Data Promo Codes: Get 3GB for N1000 And More

10. Connect USB Light:

[img]https://2.bp..com/-MACpE2HRr3A/WSCT3WuREEI/AAAAAAAAB8w/atTyhFHHvGofUBTbsZgVK6X0C9oBsb4MwCLcB/s1600/OTG-lamp.jpg[/img]
The OTG cable can also be used to connect a USB LED lamp for lightening purposes in case of a blackout, photoshoot etc.

30 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by theodara001(f): 8:36pm On May 20, 2017
Okay.

My FTC goes to everyone out there who is going through tough time like me..

7 Likes

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by beetown(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2017
Number 3 didn't shock me

6 Likes

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Youngpo413: 8:57pm On May 20, 2017
Nice one
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by olarababi(f): 8:58pm On May 20, 2017
beetown:
Number 3 didn't shock me
ok....but no 50 did na
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Simeony007(m): 9:03pm On May 20, 2017
I thought i was supposed to be shocked? I felt nothing till the end

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by ganiyudan(m): 9:25pm On May 20, 2017
Please, how do I configure my phone with keyboard itel 1566

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by moriton(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2017
na number one sure pass

3 Likes

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by whemmytopsy(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2017
fp please, this is really educating

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by decub: 7:35am On May 21, 2017
ganiyudan:
Please, how do I configure my phone with keyboard itel 1566
I doubt if your phone is equipped with OTG.

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by ejihand(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2017
Can anyone drop a working link to PES 2016, please. I would prefer apk files. thanks Alot.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:07am On May 21, 2017
nice one op
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by sbashir10(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2017
most of the phones released by tecno, infinix and gionee during the last quarter of 2016 supports OTG.
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by NothingDoMe: 8:39am On May 21, 2017
Lalasticlala I dey see duplicate posts for front page oh. Wetin dey happen?
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by directonpc(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2017
For draining of battery

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Mckandre(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2017
Not impressed, M still waiting for that device that will support air conditioning.

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by twilliamx(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2017
Me: i will use it to charge my inverter

OTG cable..

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by sakalisis(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2017
No 1 my fav

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Tapout(m): 8:42am On May 21, 2017
i dey use that no 3 torment all those stingy guys wey no dey gree give person their hard drive to copy movie angry... U will hear dem saying stuff like "I no wan make u put virus for am, I no dey connect my hard drive to person system undecided... N I'll be like " no worry I go use my phone collect am, of cos them go give me cos them wan see d magic wey I wan perform... N I'll gladly deliver with my otg cable grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Gmajor(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2017
op I bought an otg cable but my phone does not detect it.
why? do I need to change something first in the phone settings?
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by smartty68(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2017
Weh done OP
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Mekanus(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2017
Thanks but I already knew these 2 years ago.

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by smartty68(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2017
beetown:
Number 3 didn't shock me
But you were surprised tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by smartty68(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2017
Mekanus:
Thanks but I already knew these 2 years ago.
And who asked for your opinion Mister man

ITK

3 Likes

Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Heemzy: 8:44am On May 21, 2017
These so nice...but d rate at which ba3 drains will b massive .... Just saying tho...#
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by smartty68(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2017
ejihand:
Can anyone drop a working link to PES 2016, please. I would prefer apk files. thanks Alot.
Click here
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Mekanus(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2017
Gmajor:
op I bought an otg cable but my phone does not detect it.
why? do I need to change something first in the phone settings?
are you sure the phone is otg enabled phone? It's not all smart phones that has otg capability.
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Gmajor(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2017
Mekanus:
are you sure the phone is otg enabled phone? It's not all smart phones that has otg capability.
it should.
it runs on marshemellow. the phone is
Xiaomi redmi 3s
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Mekanus(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2017
smartty68:

And who asked for your opinion Mister man

ITK
The moment you posted the topic, you already asked for my opinion. Park well nwokem.
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by SEXONLY: 8:49am On May 21, 2017
noted.
Re: 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You by Mekanus(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2017
Gmajor:

it should.
it runs on marshemellow. the phone is
Xiaomi redmi 3s
Then maybe the otg cable you bought isn't good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Song Is Your Current Incoming Call Notification Alert Tone? / Infinix Reveals Hot 10T & Hot 10S: Specifications / The Best Network For BIS In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.