Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (1799 Views)

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Toyota (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 9:07pm On May 20, 2017
Come back on June 1, 2017
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by adinoyiM(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Today is June 1 2017.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
adinoyiM:
Today is June 1 2017.
Yes, it is and I am on standby.

I am considering offering to take over the diagnosis of Hellustic's Mazda MPV that is overheating as our first test case of resolving a Mazda Brand issue.

If your Mazda has issues, please report here.

I prefer to take on issues that other techs are finding difficulty resolving....

Over to you

Ask away....

1 Like

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by tunax5loon(m): 8:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Good morning sir and happy Sunday to you. I use a Mazda mpv yr 2000, 4plug,and manual drive. The major problem I'm having with it right now is that the oil get short often. I always service the engine every 2 months sometimes every month despite the fact that I don't really travel. I am using total oil. Sir, what could be the problem? Ppl are telling me about ringing the engine.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
tunax5loon:
Good morning sir and happy Sunday to you. I use a Mazda mpv yr 2000, 4plug,and manual drive. The major problem I'm having with it right now is that the oil get short often. I always service the engine every 2 months sometimes every month despite the fact that I don't really travel. I am using total oil. Sir, what could be the problem? Ppl are telling me about ringing the engine.

Any noticeable oil leaks? In and around the engine?

How much distance covered between oil changes?

Color of exhaust smoke from tailpipe?

What is the quantity of the oil required at each top-up?

its an OBD II certified vehicle, do a scan to check if there are underlying issues the ECU has detected and report

Are you using 20w50?

What does the oil cap specify?

What's the current mileage versus mileage when purchased?
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by tunax5loon(m): 2:23am On Jun 23, 2017
Thank you boss for the swift reply. I have not been able to login since hence i would have replied these wonderful questions.
1. There is no oil leak.
2. I only drive from home to office everyday.(abt 5mins) sometimes I drive around town to buy things. My traveling which is majorly from Abeokuta to Ijebu Ode is just once in a month.
3. The fume is white and it only come out when I raise the car at rest but doesn't come out when i drive.
4. I use 1 ltr of Total 20W50 for topup
5. I am using Total 20W50
6. The cap doesn't specify anything and my car manual is written in dutch.
7. I will sure check the mileage sir. i will also do a scan and get back with the result sir.
Thanks once again.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 5:21am On Jun 23, 2017
tunax5loon:
Thank you boss for the swift reply. I have not been able to login since hence i would have replied these wonderful questions.
1. There is no oil leak.
2. I only drive from home to office everyday.(abt 5mins) sometimes I drive around town to buy things. My traveling which is majorly from Abeokuta to Ijebu Ode is just once in a month.
3. The fume is white and it only come out when I raise the car at rest but doesn't come out when i drive.
4. I use 1 ltr of Total 20W50 for topup
5. I am using Total 20W50
6. The cap doesn't specify anything and my car manual is written in dutch.
7. I will sure check the mileage sir. i will also do a scan and get back with the result sir.
Thanks once again.

1. Are you saying the engine is as clean as a surgeon's table no dirt i.e., a mixture of oil and dust or soot?

2. Cars don't like such short trips by the way, at least 30 minutes so the engine oil warms up to operating temperature and boils off the condensation is better. What distance do you cover when you travel in miles or KM?

3. This white smoke you speak off, does it occur when you start the car in the morning? And does it dissipate into thin air when the vehicle has warmed up? How did you arrive at the conclusion that " it only come out when I raise the car at rest but doesn't come out when i drive.
4"? Did someone tell you or someone else drove and you observed?

4 and 5. How much engine oil do you add when changing the oil? See also http://www.automobile-catalog.com/oil_coolant_capacity/2003/1669790/mazda_mpv_2_0_mzr-cd.html

6. I will try to get you a copy of the manual in English. I will try, I did not say I will absolutely get it, 50% chance of success, 50% chance of failure, let's just see how it goes.

7. awaiting your feedback
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 5:33am On Jun 23, 2017
I have the service manual for your vehicle, contact me via email, it should be of use to you since most techs are not well-versed in the vehicle
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by shampooh: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
Pls sir I want to buy a mazda 6 2004 model what do you advice sir and what do i check importantly before purchase , I want to use it for uber transport service thanks sir
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by Bizzyliss(m): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
shampooh:
Pls sir I want to buy a mazda 6 2004 model what do you advice sir and what do i check importantly before purchase , I want to use it for uber transport service thanks sir
man go look for a corolla
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2017
shampooh:

I want to be very objective here, and that would mean present me with a minimum of 2 choices, that is mazda 6 2004 and another brand and model preferably of the same year.

Then we can compare and contrast.

All the same, I could give you off the cuff objective as opposed to subjective advice.

1. check out the model you are interested in at TrueDelta's website

2. check out the model you are interested in at CarComplaint's website (very reliable source - gave the award "Seal of Awesome"

3. check out the model you are interested in at AutoExpress's website

4. check out the model you are interested at RepairPal's website (according to this site, the vehicle won 200 awards)

5. "It's always a good thing to research the vehicles ur interested in before buying" Quote lifted from here http://forum.mazda6club.com/newbie-section/214502-what-known-problems-2004-mazda-6-s.html, another valuable resource

6. But see also the article "What to look for when buying a used Mazda 6 at the samarins website

7. A VIN check to determine vehicle service history

8. Physical pre-purchase inspection

The benefit of going methodical and scientific in the analysis of the decision to buy or not to buy a car is as follows:

1. Proactive rather than reactive maintenance - You can take not of all the issues the ride has and at what mileage, better preparing you for a stress-free ownership

2. Knowledge is power: You can relate with knowledge and intelligence to your mechanic, and if your background knowledge proves he is incompetent, you can fire him knowing that your decision is sound, on the other hand, if he proves that he knows his onions, your interests are better served sticking with him. No mechanic will talk down to you. If your mechanic loves clients take their time to properly understand the vehicle they drive, then you guys would be a match made in heaven. If your mechanic feels threatened by the intimate knowledge of the vehicle that you possess, you will also know, and decide as appropriate if you wish to continue with him or not.

If you want my professional opinion, all things considered, that would set you back a few bucks which is a reasonable exchange of value for expert time, however, I have provided you with enough information to guide you to a rational and reasonable choice, a defensible one, not based on anecdotal evidence or unverifiable hearsay or a biased professional opinion.

The above process is what I would recommend with respect to the purchase of any vehicle.

A car is going to cost you money to run, let the decision be based on cold calculated logic and not runaway emotions AS WELL AS your intended utility from the ride.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 4:51am On Jun 29, 2017
Have you seen the latest Mazda Advert?

Through 50 years of engineering innovations that began with the 1967 Cosmo Sport, one thing is clear: Mazda will never stop challenging convention.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by Olaryeankarh(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
shampooh:

There's Mazda 6 2007 model available. Toks!! Pictures available on request.
You can Call/WhatsApp: zero-818868946-seven
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
Post your vehicle problem brand-specific, top 3 most liked problem cars will get repaired for free.

Labor and Diagnosis free.

Cost of parts, materials and supplies required to effect the repair will be borne by owner.

Owner is free to supply parts, materials, and supplies though.

Contest closes in 21 days.

Repair process will be posted here.

This is a promotional offer.

If the vehicle does not run and drive, free offer does not apply, instead a diagnosis and labor fee of 100,000.00 maximum applies. Owner free to supply parts, materials, and supplies needed to effect the repair.

Problems that did not get the most likes but are sufficiently intriguing may be considered.

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

Offer for Abuja residents only or those outside Abuja willing to bring the vehicle to Abuja.

Terms and conditions apply.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2018
Bring your abused vehicles, let's give them a new lease of life!

AutoElectNG:
Post your vehicle problem brand-specific, top 3 most liked problem cars will get repaired for free.

Cost of parts, materials and supplies required to effect the repair will be borne by owner.

If the vehicle does not run and drive, free offer does not apply, instead a diagnosis and labor fee of 100,000.00 maximum applies. Owner free to supply parts, materials, and supplies needed to effect the repair.

Problems that did not get the most likes but are sufficiently intriguing may be considered.

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

Offer for Abuja residents only or those outside Abuja willing to bring the vehicle to Abuja.

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Mazda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 1:45am On May 07, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2004 For Sale / Top 10 Slowest Cars / The 2016 Mercedes-benz-glc-coupeĢ Picture Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.