Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) (58904 Views)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by bastien: 8:46am On May 21, 2017
The gods are angry?
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by IamHereNow: 8:49am On May 21, 2017
Wait ooooo, I thought Eyo masquerades are spirits? So spirits are fighting each other with stick cheesy grin...

That was how I saw one on a bike yesterday...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Lalas247(f): 8:50am On May 21, 2017
Who be that yellow guy for balcony .. grin
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Partnerbiz(f): 8:50am On May 21, 2017
See yaa head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by fasasi81(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

you have nice full br3asts but wearing the wrong bra. You need a push-up bra!
......u are rite.bra marketer is here.
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:52am On May 21, 2017
conductor1:
Can't find any fight in the video OP posted. Just a bunch of loud-mouthed clowns screaming "ah" "ah" at each other from the opposite corners of the street.

Even our primary school fights at Ezechima Primary School Enu Onitsha featured physical blows, don't understand these Yoruba spirits throwing stones and vandalizing people's cars. SMH.

In fact, OP, come here for wasting my data

4 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Eklipz: 8:53am On May 21, 2017
Look at how these ofe mmanu spirits are fighting with only their mouths on Igbo man's land and property. Amadioha will settle this. Ahahahhahahahaaaaahhhhhhhahbababahhababhahahhhahahhahahah

6 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by IamHereNow: 8:53am On May 21, 2017
favourmic:
5 years ago u and labaja gained admision into uni...but on year 2 labaja drop out due to the fact that lagbaja G.p is poor and lagbaja decided to and learn handwork.but u make jest of lagbaja even though ur own G.p is poor too but u dont want to leave school cux uer popular in schl...Departmental week uer always taking the lead role,SUG week uer always among the organiser of the event.anywhere in campus girls hail u nd run to for help...so u allow this to enter your head.u forgotten that being famus on campus is diff frm being brilliant nd being best student acedemicaly.u keep on saying i must wear kaki.i must put on NYSC uniform.
Now lagbaja is through with learning photography or mayb is mechanic..or capentry work.lagbaja hv his or her own shop now with many worker learning under him labaja is nw a boss..and u too uer through wit uni..and u finish with 2.0Gp..SMH for u ooo...and you are posting on FB kaduna on point...leggo ekiti...Nysc on point ibadan are u ready?...with 2.0GP??...my dear am happy to tell u that uer as gud as person wey only go to secondary schl only or who even drop out...people with first class or upper never get work..na u won con get??...u will finish NYSC now u wont find job datz wen u will now go back to square 1...make up artist..or chief baker..or tailor work....after wasting ur parent money...not everybody way is education....dont get me wrong education is important but is not everybody way....thanks...i might make sense to some people and some will say am enemy of progress....☺
I have a feeling this letter is indirectly being addressed to somebori..
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by victorazy(m): 8:54am On May 21, 2017
Asa sang it in her song that "I hope Eyo remain the same"

she sand "fire on the mountain" and nobody understood.

2 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by ElGrecco(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2017
You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the Eyos. I remember growing up in Lagos island, the god-mother for the Bajulayes used to live in our house so the Onikos do come around to pay homage to her. I think there used to be a very tall man called Baluba amongst the Oniko. The Eyo Eti are quite notrorious for causing mayhem back then. If I am correct, the palace for the Eti is somewhere around patty/ freeman which is Akindele stronghold.

1 Like

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by nnokwa042(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2017
adadike281:
make I park here. waiting for afonjas to come on board. someone should mention me when they finally arrive. grin
ur from my town cus that obodo OMA is our towns slang

1 Like

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by ThatIgboBoy: 9:04am On May 21, 2017
I was wondering when agberoism ended in lagos

Lolz

Is this how they will attract tourists?
With all those agberos breaking bottle upandan

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by ekensi01: 9:04am On May 21, 2017
When you finish eating the next thing is work(fighting is part of working). grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by jfleece(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

oga is it ur breast?? Pls focus on ur small nipple.. The spirit of our ancestors are angry, pls see me later for what to buy, come with ur atm card and birth certificate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by nnokwa042(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2017
They can fight from now till next month, but make them no just spoil something for Igbo peoples shop we no dey stay for free ooh,fight na ahh ahh ahh u go dey hear ,awon omo ota

3 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:14am On May 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

I have to admit her boobs do look very nuturing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by bigsmoke2(m): 9:17am On May 21, 2017
Ooni grin
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by engrkaz(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Ologede is senior in rank to Eti.

By protocol all Eyos when fully clothed and masked must keep their staff in an upright lifted position and not touvh ground. If not masked or not in full regalia the staff must point and touch to ground

When a single Eyo randomly comes into view of a group of Eyo, whether fully clothed or not, masked or not, must show respect by lowering his staff and point to ground.

Its okay when a group of Eyo comes in view of another set with lateral ranking to observe courtesy, but is not necessary to lower staff.

When a group of Eyo comes in view of a group of another set of Eyo and of senior rank, the lower grade Eyo must lower staff in respect and maintain courtesy, giving the senior rank privilege of passage. Their staff must remain lowered untill the senior group has filed past.

It is not acceptable that a junior group of Eyo fail to yield or lower staff in observance of respect to the senior group of Eyo when their paths cross.

In the case of a violation discipline must be delivered on the spot by the senior group.

The following are acceptable mode of discipline
1 - The use of staff to whip members of the junior group
2 - Seize their hats
3 - Report them to Olori Eyo for penalty and possibly suspension from further outing in successive festivals for a period of time.

Eti and Bajulaye are notorious for acts of indiscipline and lack of respect to other Eyos. Moreso Eti...they deserved the beating from Ologede. They were lucky this was not Laba...

Laba will kill couple of them to bring awareness to the protocol and teach lessons to potential violators in future.
laba ekun...alakete pupa...

3 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by engrkaz(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2017
ElGrecco:
You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the Eyos. I remember growing up in Lagos island, the god-mother for the Bajulayes used to live in our house so the Onikos do come around to pay homage to her. I think there used to be a very tall man called Baluba amongst the Oniko. The Eyo Eti are quite notrorious for causing mayhem back then. If I am correct, the palace for the Eti is somewhere around patty/ freeman which is Akindele stronghold.
Agbole Etti is on alof street...off Ricca...
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by kuuljay(m): 9:24am On May 21, 2017
Revolva:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzyQPk93To

grin grin grin grin grin
Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos

watch n laff ur ass out grin grin grin grin
where is the serious fight? Is it the arrrrrhhh!!! Erhhhhh!!!! don't be surprised the missiles they are throwing is actually bags of waste products of fellow homosapiens a.k.a poopoo

5 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:28am On May 21, 2017
jkfugghhghjdd:
The other spirits were still loading their weapons and the spirit in blue fastly swinged 5 amala with ewedu soup, killing 6 people and bombing 20 cars in quick succession.
hahahagahaha grin i don dieee

2 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by rozayx5(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2017
jkfugghhghjdd:
The other spirits were still loading their weapons and the spirit in blue fastly swinged 5 amala with ewedu soup, killing 6 people and bombing 20 cars in quick succession.

seems 21 savage is your brother

grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:38am On May 21, 2017
After shouting ah ye ah ye for 2 hours dem come dey stone theirselves bottle and amala non of dem get mind face each other grin grin haha ndi afonja no go kee pesin

4 Likes

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by mrww(m): 9:45am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Awoofawo(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2017
Benekruku:
Normal!

Its inevitable!
Probably just witnessing one! Fighting is a normal thing in Eyo festival. Especially now that some local secret cult/gangs involved in it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin They used it to settle scores! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by Paparahzee(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2017
favourmic:
5 years ago u and labaja gained admision into uni...but on year 2 labaja drop out due to the fact that lagbaja G.p is poor and lagbaja decided to and learn handwork.but u make jest of lagbaja even though ur own G.p is poor too but u dont want to leave school cux uer popular in schl...Departmental week uer always taking the lead role,SUG week uer always among the organiser of the event.anywhere in campus girls hail u nd run to for help...so u allow this to enter your head.u forgotten that being famus on campus is diff frm being brilliant nd being best student acedemicaly.u keep on saying i must wear kaki.i must put on NYSC uniform.
Now lagbaja is through with learning photography or mayb is mechanic..or capentry work.lagbaja hv his or her own shop now with many worker learning under him labaja is nw a boss..and u too uer through wit uni..and u finish with 2.0Gp..SMH for u ooo...and you are posting on FB kaduna on point...leggo ekiti...Nysc on point ibadan are u ready?...with 2.0GP??...my dear am happy to tell u that uer as gud as person wey only go to secondary schl only or who even drop out...people with first class or upper never get work..na u won con get??...u will finish NYSC now u wont find job datz wen u will now go back to square 1...make up artist..or chief baker..or tailor work....after wasting ur parent money...not everybody way is education....dont get me wrong education is important but is not everybody way....thanks...i might make sense to some people and some will say am enemy of progress....☺

if e dey pepper u say u no go school,abeg kick G.P tank!!Haba,wat is it kwanu??
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by walosky(m): 10:07am On May 21, 2017
Sweetheart, didnt I tell you that the Afonjas would be miserable when you travel out?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by youngsahito(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

I twale 4 ur eyes
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by rxgodwin(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2017
Am not surprised.
Re: Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) by able20(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:
I was wondering when agberoism ended in lagos

Lolz

Is this how they will attract tourists?
With all those agberos breaking bottle upandan
Dem be Tinubu loyalist, you can't end agbero in Eko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Ooni’s New Queens & Their Profiles / The Mystery Of The Idemili Culture!!! / Olu Of Warri Hangs Out With FIFA Officials At Qatar (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.