Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,743 members, 7,827,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria (15930 Views)

Airtel Is The Best Telecoms Company In Nigeria / Any Bulk Sms Company In Abuja? / Veda Technology (nigerian Computer Manufacturing Company In Lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by dre901(m): 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2007
As you all know, there is a new GSM company coming to Nigeria very soon. the company's license has been approved by NCC to start operations in Nigeria before the year runs out. Does anyone know the name of the GSM company and their website?
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by cushman(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2007
dremobile grin
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by marbeeexce(f): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2007
tanx, lm interested in their web add pls,
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by twinstaiye(m): 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2007
Mubadala Development Company is the name of the GSM company, they are based in Dubai UAE, they had been granted a unified Aceess Service License of 14 years duration after satisfactory payment of the sum of $400 millon. The license will enable the company to operate and offer National Mobile GSM, National Fixed, Long Distance transmission, Ful international gateway and Internet and broadband services.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by hayo(m): 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2007
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by tijehi(f): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2007
open their website www.mubadala.com, on their home page scroll down, there's a column for jobs, click on it, a form appears, fill in ur necessary details, attach ur cv and submit. they are big, and i'm very sure that they are going to be very big in naija. Goodluck to u all.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by danniecool(m): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2007
interesting cheesy cheesy
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2007
For those of you inerested in getting jobs, it's likely that this startup would start hiring graduates very soon.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by jumowole(f): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2007
My friend told me about the company but unfortunately my CV was not delivered. The address is: www.mubadala.ae/en/content/jobs.asp
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by ify2love2(f): 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2007
Thanks for the info.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by eldiablo(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2007
yes oh mypeople i just found out too,id really like to know where thy can be found in niaja, they go by the name mubudala investment coy in the UAE, mega bucks coy too.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by kachisxd: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2007
people, people people,, I've been looking all over www.mubadala.com and I've not beena able to see anything relating to telecommunications, i aint doubting wat y'all have said but I jus need someone to explain stuff better for me please y'all,
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2007
I have contacted the Customer care of Mobadala, they promised to get back to me with infos. I'll post whatever they say. But it is just getting delayed I have sent it since Monday.

Lets hope they reply Sha!
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by toksdara(m): 10:45am On Feb 03, 2007
smiley That's good news! I hope that will further increase the competition in Naija's telecom industry and drive down general tariffs. The $400 Million also means the net worth of Nigeria's telecom industry has increased compared to 2001 where MTN and Econet paid $285 Million and Glo paid $200 Million for their license. This has come in a good time to challenge Trancorp's Mtel as well or what do you think?
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2007
I think the licensing process was a fraud.If they had done an open and transparent auction,they could have surpassed that amount.

They should have invited telcos to bid,instead they sneakily gave away the license to this coy.

What the fee paid suggests,is that the whole narket is worth $2 billion .I would say it is worth double that
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by TBoss: 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2007
True talk 4play. I agree with you. It was not publicized at all.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by ericfrank: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2007
Does Nigeria really need another GSM company. I would have thought MTN and Globacom are quite sufficient. Is this not another money making racket? Or do you think another competitor will help bring prices down. In my experience they all make promises and rarely deliver.

http://fortheloveofafrica..com/
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by stellyray(f): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2007
Hellooooo,please what is the latest about the GSM coy
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by progwiz(m): 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2007
  Guys ; mubadala is using HR agency in Nigeria ,which is not disclosed . I guess u should all look out for this advert on medias ,  good luck
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 1:49am On Feb 20, 2007
Hello,

According to the Island News on Monday, The Mubadala Development Company is planning to commence operation by the middle of this years and they will be employing mostly Nigerians to work with them, Fatter  salaries are laid to entice Technical, Marketing and Managerial Staffs from other competing companies. The employment did not stop their it also welcomes people from Local Banks and Other Organizations.

The employment ranges from 1000 - 5000 workers in which the 1000 is for Lagos alone. Mubadala also plans to buy 2 Local Private Telephone Companies in Nigeria so that they would have a very good reception roaming one of the company is based in Victoria Island which has a very good Data service and the other is situated in Saka Tinubu. The problem they are encoutering right now is that the earlier company is not willing to sell and the other agreed to the deal but still wants a share.

Mubadala plans to offer a service 1800 and 900 Mega Hertz spectrum band for General Street Madness (GSM) to keep going on in Naija. Other subscribers started the same way too  Nigerian Government policy will decided how fast the growth of the company will be.

It was stated that "Subscribers can also expect to receive an increased range of services, improved quality of services and better value for money."    Hmmmmm Makes me remember Nigerian Democratic Campaigns
They also planning to introduce CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access).

Approximately, 922 million peoples subcribes from one or more telecommunication company in our Continent.

At the moment they are promising Nigerians a better future in Telecommmunications. And if the business favours them they may decide to extend further because they do not only deal in Telecommuniation, they also deal in Oil, and Construction works Banks and other forms of Investments.

Visit: http://www.mubadala.ae/en/content/press.asp

Go through the report, I feel they can do better if our Government did not f**kup

For the Job Seekers: I will keep searching for useful info  and if anyone knows your can post for others.

Ciao
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by tijehi(f): 8:21am On Feb 21, 2007
They've started recruiting. got the infor that they are using one local and one international consulting firms respectively, and the firms have not been disclosed. Please does anyone know the nigerian firm. I submitted my cv to mubadala website, i doubt if they are going to use that database to select prospective employees. Please if anyone knows the firm recruiting locally, spread the good news.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by cushman(m): 4:13pm On Feb 21, 2007
Yeah, spread the news cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2007
They are going to create a New Website for Nigeria Telecommunication. The other one is meant for the Organization itself.

It is more link khantilalshahgroups.com

It is just an example.

When you visit such site, it will only be created for classified purpose, like if companieswant to join or need the service of Mubadala.

You can keep asking not only online.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by progwiz(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2007
From Business Day News; February 26th, 2007
We wont underestimate Mudabala, says MTN

Meanwhile,Mubadala has started to implement its roll out plan and as part of this, it has started subtle acquisition and employment moves .To this end, Mubadala has taken on the services of two consultancy firms, one in Nigeria and the other abroad, to head hunt for strategic manpower. The companies are locating strategic would be employees for their peculiar skills and experience, offering them employment and negotiating terms with them. Though the companies are not calling for employee applications yet, their offices are said to be awash with applications.

Mubadala's staff requirement figure is put at about 1,000 in the first instance, of which at least one-third will be technical personnel and another one-third will be marketing personnel. The company is also said to be negotiating to buy two local telecom operator
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by gbadex1(m): 1:24am On Mar 01, 2007
sh*t is really going down with telecoms. . .
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by cushman(m): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2007
Damn right
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by Icon(m): 1:27am On Mar 11, 2007
I just heard they are using Kimberly Ryan for recruitment.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by cushman(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2007
@icon, are you sure about that?
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by Icon(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2007
I heard. I'm not sure
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by tijehi(f): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2007
have you heard any news about mubadala, the 4th GSM Company in Nigeria? If you have, please keep us posted.
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by iginla(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2007
[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Mabudala: New GSM Company In Nigeria by toksdara(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2007
What about the 3G license granted to Alheri Engineering, Dangote's new telecom company?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Infinix Note 3 And Note 3 Pro Thread / Does Having Big Phone Screen Affect The Use Of Data? / If It Doesn’t Light You Up, Then It’s Not Your Spark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.