Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell (18690 Views)

Swap And Sell Your Phone In Ipaja,ayobo/alimosho Lagos. / Website Where I Can Get D Price Of Laptops In Naira / Ebuynigeria.com; Online Marketplace Where Nigerians Can Buy And Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Slice(f): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2005
Guess the site is up and running again afterall. Kudos to you guys!!!
Just keep up the good work.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by lioness(f): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2005
tongue
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by yakubu: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2005
Who are the people owned the website?
Are they trustworthy?
Are they seriuos to protect nigeria image in the globe?
Are they serius at all?
If they have above mention criteria its ours responsibilities to back them up.
I am a new member.
All the forum i wish u fantastic life.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Afam(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2005
Seun,

I think the point Demmy is trying to make is that people need to understand very well what it takes to run a successful online business.

Passion or interest is not enough, sound knowledge of what it takes is far more important than just the desire to make it happen online.

With a new site like that experiences server problems the way they have, it will affect the perception and you and I know that perception is key in any online business, once a website does not look or appear professional and reliable people will hardly trust it and once the trust is gone, it becomes a problem for the website to succeed.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Seun(m): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2005
The fact is that if your host goes down, there is nothing you can do. It has happened to me before, and someone who makes the mistake of criticizing me for my host's downtime will quickly find himself unable to view or access the site. Popular websites like Google, Yahoo, Ebay and Paypal have experienced availability problems at one time or the other and they are still here!

So please let's stop this Nigerian habit of criticizing and demonizing fellow Nigerians who are fighting to make progress in spite of the challenges of our system. I was treated the same way when I started Nairaland, and now we have 9000 members but those people who insisted that Nairaland was going to fail are nowhere to be found. WhoGoBuy remains a lovely website and I don't think you've told them anything they don't already know about website availability. It's just that it's easier said than done.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Slice(f): 6:28am On Dec 27, 2005
One website I love and respect is Yahoo! but they still have their shortcomings. I know how many times I have tried accessing the website and it's unavailable, in most cases we quickly assume it's the internet connection, if this was a Naija website, we all know what the conclussion will be.

Why can't Nigerians believe in ourselves? Why do we fail ourselves before we even write the test? Could it be our fear of failure? This website had a server error, So What? has that stopped the service from running?

Afam, Demmy and lots of other Nigerian brothers and sisters I don't know if u've read Spencer Johnson's "Who Moved My Cheese", it's a great book about adapting to changes. It'll change the way we see things. It takes an average reader about 4hrs to finish the book. U'll love it. Why not search for it on WhoGoBuy smiley.

Point is; it's time for a United States of Nigeria, let us stand together, instead of criticizing our fellow man, try letting him know of his weakness and correct him not rebuking him.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by brushparke(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2005
Actually i think whogobuy is trying.That is exactly what we need from more Nigerians.Since Nigerians are suffering Cyber racism, let's look inwards and see what we can do for our selves.For example if we can grow interswitch together, soon mastercard and the rest will be begging to incoporate it into their systems.They don't know the size of the market there are missing by ostracising Nigerians in everything on the net all in the name of 419.You can never finish running, you either take the risk or become a frog.This is what the international community don't know.The only way we can turn things arround is to make ourselves relevant.Soon they will be begging for attention.
Ride on whogobuy!
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by cushman(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2006
I've registered at whogobuy.com. They are offering 1,000 free credit to the first 200 to register.

Anybody that wants to register should please follow my referral invite link: http://www.whogobuy.com/?fa=505750

So that i'll get 10% bonus cheesy
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by brushparke(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2006
yeah cushman, i have signed under you, i hope someone else signs under me
that's my referal id http://www.whogobuy.com?fa=505833
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Jalal(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2006
Hello

Yeah pls giv all ur support to Whogobuy. They need ur support
@Cushman i also signed under u lucky guy!!!!!!!!

Heres my own link www.whogobuy.com/?fa=505820
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by cushman(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2006
@brushparke and jalal thanks alot! But i hope you'll all load plenty credit so that i'll get the bonus grin
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Jalal(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2006
Hi
Unfortunately the buyers and sellers have to meet physically what if they are in different parts of the country?? What i suggest is that the site owners should become affiliated with reliable and trusted courier companies so that buyers and sellers if not in the same area can still transact business
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by cushman(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2006
@Jalal that's a very good thought! Reliable courier firms should be involved to atleast ease some things up.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by cushman(m): 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2006
cushman:

my referral invite link: http://www.whogobuy.com/?fa=505[b]7[/b]50

This number seven again
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 12:37am On Feb 24, 2006
In september, NETICASH launched a very simple and straightforward online payment service that works on the principles of tried and tested pre-paid technologies. However it just seems to me that for some strange reasons we (NIGERIANS) don't seem to understand the principles of ecommerce at all or maybe we just don't want to bother reading and understanding what it takes to build  a successful online business.

Here the link to the initial posting. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=2873.msg97359#msg97359. Please read through and let us know what your comments are.

Later, I started another thread, asking the question, "Why are Nigerians yet to make a financial/Business success of the Internet? " but contibutions weren't forthcoming at all and on ready this thread the reason seems so obvious cos some of the contributions have answered my questions.

You see there can't be any successful online business without a VERY VERY good online payment service behind it. Online payment services facilitate seamless safe and secure transactions between buyers and sellers and until we NIGERIANS can begin to picture how this will benefit them then there is no way forward for Nigerian owned online businesses. Unless you want to run your site on contributions or donations from the public, in time you will have to shut up shop or the site will die a natural death. If you want examples, I will give them to you.

Actually, (in 1998 a friend of mine was offered 1million pounds by a wealthy Nigerian to buy his very unique domain, but guess what, because it was the height of the dotcom mania, he turned down the offer, is he doing anything fantastic with the site today. NOPE) so I know what I am talking about cos I see it all the time.

Take Alex Tew for instance, I was watching BBC news the morning he did his press release on www.milliondollarhomepage.com, a few months later, he's a millionaire before our very own eyes. Yes it's unbelivevable, but true, this was only possible because he had PAYPAL as the payment service provider. At some point PAYPAL thought he was a fraudster and they froze his account, but later released it when they found out it was legit. So Alex made a cool 1million doallrs and PAYPAL walks away with 3.4% of that as transaction charge, not bad at all is it. SO this too could be you, but you have to be original with your ideas, think of something that every Nigerian would want to buy online, then get in touch with NETICASH, we collect the funds for you and you can manage your account online realtime. WhoGo Buy will only "maintain" if people are not transacting business but just having "chitter chatter" and it'll be  a waste. I mean we already have NIARALANDand NIGERIAWORLD, abi!

Can anyone name any NIGERIAN owned website that is financial viable, just name one. I'm not talking of successful Brick and Mortar businesses, I'm talking about Clicks and Mortar businesses. Business that make most of their revenue from online transactions. There aren't any.

Why do we think these sites are successful?

[list]
[li]Alibaba.com[/li]
[li]ebay.com[/li]
[li]amazon.com[/li]
[li]jungle.com[/li]
[/list]
The list is endless. In ecommerce there is no point bringing buyers and sellers together, if there is no medium of exchange. And in todays world it's not about physical contact. It's more about the world being a Global village, making money while you are asleep.

And this is only possible when you have a solid payment engine attached to your service, and I tell you NETICASH has the solution for you and is looking for such serious online businesses who have done their research properly. Online busineses who think they have a solution that  they can offer particularly, to Nigerians abroad. It is easy for NETICASH to attract Nigerian customers abroad because there is already a solid rule of Law in place and the risk of fraud is reduced because of the existing regulations that we follow. So if you have something to sell to us NIGERIANS abroad go ahead send us an email with details of your website and register as a merchant and you can start trading immediately.

If you need more information please feel free to visit us at www.neticash.com and join the trend. NETICASH  is two years old, however our service was formerly launched to the public in September 2005 and rest assured we are here to stay.

We have recently taken up the services of FCMB, First City Monument Bank to allow our customers to Load their accounts with ease alongside our existing Bank STB/UBA.

So guys, you cannot have a "whogobuy.com" without a way for buyers and sellers to transact business online. Does anyone know the eBay, Billpoint, Yahoo PayDirect, , etc story. If you don't know that means you have to measure your comments about ecommerce. WHY? because the bottom line is that ebays' success is based on the fact that they have a payment service provider attached to their service. PAYPAL which they bought a few years ago after starting their own, Billpoint, which they found could not compete with PAYPAL before they then decided to acquire PAYPAL. The acquisition of PAYPAL ensured that they maintained their dominance in the online auctions space. To Read more on this there are books on amazon.com,  on eBay and PAYPAL.

And it's funny, I was shocked to see,  Nigerian fraudsters mentioned alongside the Russian Mafia, as PAYPAL was loosing money to these guys to the tune of almost 100million dollars, all from credit card fraud. But as you can see they still came out on top, with 100's of millions of dollars from invetsors who could see the potential PAYPAL was bringing to the table.

So guys,  "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BUY or SELL TODAY" NETICASH is Nigeria's number 1  fully functional payment service provider, but you have to trust us as we perfect our solution. No bank in Nigeria today has what we have as a solution so,
we'll like to welcome you on board as our subscriber base is starting stretch from sokoto to bauchi to kano to Rivers to Akure and very soon we'll be on the "MOON"(if you know what I mean grin)

NETICASH - "A New Way of Life"

www.neticash.com  & www.neticash.net
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2006
neticash:
Can anyone name any NIGERIAN owned website that is financial viable, just name one. I'm not talking of successful Brick and Mortar businesses, I'm talking about Clicks and Mortar businesses. Business that make most of their revenue from online transactions. There aren't any.

What do you mean by financially viable. There are many Nigerian websites out there that are self sustained?

neticash:

Why do we think these sites are successful?

[list]
[li]Alibaba.com[/li]
[li]ebay.com[/li]
[li]amazon.com[/li]
[li]jungle.com[/li]
[/list]

Maybe you might want to tell us why? Because I don't see you telling us in your marketing article?

neticash:

WHY? because the bottom line is that ebays' success is based on the fact that they have a payment service provider attached to their service. PAYPAL which they bought a few years ago after starting their own, Billpoint, which they found could not compete with PAYPAL before they then decided to acquire PAYPAL. The acquisition of PAYPAL ensured that they maintained their dominance in the online auctions space. To Read more on this there are books on amazon.com, on eBay and PAYPAL.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? Ebay was way successful before the buying over of paypal, Paypal helped in increasing their income, but ebay was well of even without paypal.

To be honest, I doubt whether you know much about e-commerce, with the way you try to use attacking insubstancial methods to convince someone, I really doubt so.

I am not impressed with NATICASH's solution!! Interswitch is way better although I think their business model sucks, besides that I still prefer the bank deposit concept.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 4:52pm On May 22, 2006
Kazey,

Well, need I say more, WHY because your comments have answered the question on everyone's mind.

Interswitch is way better although I think their business model sucks, besides that I still prefer the bank deposit concept.

Did you read what you wrote above? (1) You said the interswitch model sucks!!!! I wouldn't even say that, because we don't even know what their business model is anyway and (2) You said you preferred the bank deposit concept, but this is how NETICASH works anyway. You deposit money into your NETICASH account via any of the UBA or FCMB branches in Nigeria and Lloyds TBS in the UK and PAYPAL from anywhere else in the world, then go to any site that accepts NETICASH as a mode of payment and use it.

As regards financial viability- most Nigerian online businesses, that is, businesses that are solely based on online patronage, not clicks and mortar businesses with shop fronts. e.g Yahoo, whogobuy, nigeria.com, nigeriaworld.com etc and also those that are not dependent on clickthrough revenue, always find it dificcult to thrive without a proper payment engine behind it.

And as per the marketing article: WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!. Upon full integration and testing with the banks you will be the first to hear about it.

I'm going to try as much as possible to address your comments with utmost precision, but first I will want you to go and read the biography of PAYPAL  and ebay before you ask me anything about what I know about ebay or ecommerce.

I will also implore you to engage yourself with some EMV statistics, like what did the like's of VISA, Mastercard, etc turnover last year, what is their average growth rate year on year, what is their daily, monthly or yearly customer acquisition rate  and how does it translate into cash for the companies.( You see, I will not go down the path which you are heading with you, because I do not think it's worth the time). These are the sort of stats that we use to gauge the industry and that's what the likes of VISA use to assess their market as well. They will then further break the above stats down into regions and countries in order to gauge the value they are getting from those regions or country's in order to determine which are the risky, profitable or unprofitable ones. Look theres really no time for this here. So,  go to the US library and get the stats, it'll help you a great deal

So basically, what I am try to tell you is that without a good payment service for the Nigerian Market, successful Nigerian based ecommerce sites will be few and far between, because they can't collect payments from their customer's seamlessly. That's all.

NETICASH
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2006
LOLZ ok, I think my argument was directed towards application in Nigeria, or am I missing something? We need a payment processor true. Is it a necessity with the current trend of purchasing habits in Nigeria? I doubt so, Bank deposits method is working for us fine, considering the low revenue from that market, even Paypal is a pain in the ass, I must confess. Merchant accounts are still the best smiley
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 5:27pm On May 22, 2006
Exactly, but low revenue is not what you want otherwise you won't be around for too long (which is what is happening to Nigerian online businesses). In order to boost your revenue you need to take on NETICASH. With the UBA infrastructure behind us and the fact that Nigerians can always get their friends abroad to make a payment on their behalf using NETICASH, you can just sit back and let you customer take control of your service themselves.

Give it a try!!!!

NETICASH
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Afam(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2006
Hello Neticash,

What's this about not having a Nigerian website that is financially viable on its own?

Just Web Services was setup from scratch in 2003 and its doing extremely well today.

See www.justwebservices.com

On the issue of online payment system, I guess we need people that understand what e-commerce really means and how to achieve it.

This idea of people coming out and promising everything only to fail to deliver is becoming too common that it is embarassing.

Don't go making statements that you cannot substantiate as the statements would simply weaken your arguements for real.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2006
Afam,

You Said,
This idea of people coming out and promising everything only to fail to deliver is becoming too common that it is embarassing.

Well you've just said it, most of the time, the reason they are unable to deliver is because they are not turning over enough to stay in business for long or they don't have a good business model in the first place or it could be a combination of other factors. I think you really need to have a think about my comments and look into the facts before you pass comments of your own.

However, my point is that a good payment system boosts a businesses income  ten fold. Why? because their customers are able to pay instantly rather than worry about the logistics of a cumbersome mode of payment?

I also do not dispute that there are Nigerian online businesses doing well (like yours), but the question is how many generate their businesses from online visits to their site, (practically none and I mean that), they all still rely on hard graft "door-to-door" marketing.

So please Try NETICASH first before you pass any judgement , we can help boost your revenue which will ensure at least that the Nigerian government gets more revenue from you in taxes, right.

All NETICASH wants to do for you is boost that bottomline, so that we can all benefit at the end of the day.

Thanks and always read between the lines.

NETICASH
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 7:20pm On May 26, 2006
I also do not dispute that there are Nigerian online businesses doing well (like yours), but the question is how many generate their businesses from online visits to their site, (practically none and I mean that), they all still rely on hard graft "door-to-door" marketing.

Dell Computers for example, is successful today because of that door-to-door marketing using flyers. So what the hec are you talking about?

how many generate their businesses from online visits to their site?
What do you mean? Please kindly rephrase.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 8:11pm On May 26, 2006
Kazey, I think you need to go do some more research, and for your information Dell computers is not successful today because of door-to-door marketing but rather good investment strategy and management team that took them to IPO stage at the right time, it's that simple. And I will not go into any details. Go and buy Micheal Dell's book to find out more, Go and buy book's on PAYPAL, Microsoft, etc so as to understand what it takes to become a giant in business. (Americans embrace ideas and everybody benefits along the way, but Nigerians tend to tear down ideas and that's why we're where we are today).

Please let's discuss how we can move forward as a people rather than go down the route you're taking us.

All we want to do is encourage more Nigerians to partake in the ecommerce space and you can now do that effectively from Nigeria using NETICASH as a payment or money collecting tool from your website.

So visit NETICASH and join the many that are already enjoying our services and we'll take it from there.

Thanks

NETICASH
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 8:24pm On May 26, 2006
lolz are you sure I need to research on Dell? I have read their case studies and I have seen their marketing strats, even here in Malaysia?

1. Dell does not advertise on Adwords
2. Dell hardly even advertises on other sites untill recently.

Its model in selling is primarily based on phone and on the internet. But marketing they use flyers at post boxes mainly direct marketing.

For your more information, In 1990, Dell Computer tried selling its products indirectly through warehouse clubs and computer superstores, but met with little success, and the company re-focused on its more successful direct-to-consumer sales model.

Maybe you need to re-read that Dell book of yours smiley, because I think you forgot what you read. smiley

Maybe you might want to visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell , it might help you refresh on what you read.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2006
Well, I have no further comments for you. why don't you let us worry about boosting your sales at nairahost with a NETICASH plugin.

Or what do you say

NETICASH
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2006
I do not run naijahost, rather I run nairahost.com. Thank you, I am not interested because they still have to go to the bank using your concept.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2006
Then you've completely missed the point and benefits of online payment. How do you think we pay our credit card bills out here in the UK. Of course some walk right in to the bank to pay their credit card bills or alternatively we use online banking.

Now the same applies to Nigerians, they can load their account by paying directly into our UBA account via online banking (provided they have a UBA account) or they can walk in and make the payment like the rest of the world do when they want to pay their bills.

So what is new? absolutely nothing (especially where logistics is concerned in Nigeria), other than the fact that our customers can load their account once, then go spend it at the numerous sites that will be accepting NETICASH in the very near future.

When you're ready we'll be here, but where will you be?

NETICASH (Nigeria's Number one online payment system, try it from your Mobile as well) NETICASH over Wap/GPRS
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 9:05pm On May 26, 2006
neticash:

Then you've completely missed the point and benefits of online payment. How do you think we pay our credit card bills out here in the UK. Of course some walk right in to the bank to pay their credit card bills or alternatively we use online banking.

Online payment via bank transfer should be fine too then. When there is online banking in Nigeria currently we dont need to worry about Neticash from what you just said. Come to think of it am I the one missing the benefits of online payments? heheh maybe you need to know the difference between just an online payment and an online payment gateway in action.

neticash:

When you're ready we'll be here, but where will you be?

Talking about sustainability, time would tell, whether we would still be arround. smiley

I repeat, I dont see Neticash helping out in sales in anyway smiley, besides how many merchants would buy your concept, and how many users would want to tie their money down with you guys? Anywayz that is my critic analysis, we are not interested smiley Rather I would join payboss, if I really think online payment gateway is the answer.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Delinka(m): 4:17am On May 27, 2006
Interswitch is doing fairly well in Nigeria and has infrastructure, credibility, recognition and nationwide coverage. Besides, a large number of Nigerians already have Interswitch debit cards so the issue of online payment is not really the biggest problem within the country.
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by neticash(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2006
Kazey,

Hey what can I say? You don't understand the online payment concept and it's benefits at all. But anyway you're the boss and that's why it's a free world, the freedom of choice is the greatest thing we have as people. We have the liberty to choose. So keep on keeping on and we'll see you soon.

As per the Interswitch infrastructure on ground, it's a good thing. However, only time will tell. And delinka, do you know the customer acquistion rate for interswitch and how many transactions are processed on their network per day if any? Can you help with that at all? If you do please let us know it'll be of great help. Thanks

And also remember, the payment space can have as many players as can be accommodated, so,

WATCH this space!!!!!!!

Thanks

NETICASH (Go to NETICASH mobile from your handset, www.neticash.com)
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by kazey(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2006
neticash:

Kazey,

Hey what can I say? You don't understand the online payment concept and it's benefits at all.
hahahhaha ok
Re: WhoGoBuy.com: Website Where Nigerians Can Buy and Sell by Delinka(m): 1:54am On May 28, 2006
Well, Interswitch costs about 150K Naira to integrate and the network has over 20 Major Nigerian banks under it's umbrella. Though the service is still growing in popularity and public acceptance (just like the internet in Nigeria) it's not an overnight process and I personally feel they're on the right track.

As for Neticash, well, it's a payment option, I agree but there will still be that barrier of public acceptance to cross (among others) and till that happens a milder and friendlier approach may be a more rewarding one.

wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apple Macbook Pro Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices / USA Used Dell Mini For Sale. / Amaze Deals Search On Offer Up,let Go,craigslist,ebay and Amazon For Just Token.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.