Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? (1761 Views)

FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / Is Interstates Road Travel At Night Safe In Nigeria? / Hotel Safety Tips: How To Stay Safe In Hotels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by babagana(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2005
Travelling is no more a safe thing to do in Nigeria o!

While science says the safest and fastest way to travel is by air, we in Nigeria agree but differently. It is the fastest way to the journey beyond. I mean think of it, our roads are nothing but booby traps as they are in terrible states, while they are safe passages for transistion to the hereafter as they are manned by professional robbers or The Nigerian Robbers Force. So which one we go do o! I no know.

Train Nko? Oshodi to Agege in 36 hours with or without luggage.

We should all pray for the souls of the departed last weekend in P/H and the those of the unknown that travelled by road and met with the same fate all over the country.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 12:32am On Dec 13, 2005
yeah thatz true only GOD can save us in NIGERIA
if one wants to travel he gets scared and doesnt know
which way to go
as i say only God can save all we gotta do is pray
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 12:39am On Dec 13, 2005
Even with 6x more chance of crashing in an airplane in Nigeria, it is still far safer than any other means of transportation, even traveling by car in the safest place on earth (road safety wise). You always have to look at the real odds, not at the incidents that happen.
Thousands die every day on the roads, but very few people die in plane crashes. When a plane crashes though, the consequences are catastrophic, and because of that, they become news worldwide. Don't believe the hype.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by babagana(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2005
nferyn, the question still remains- why is it that safety measures are not taken seriously when it comes to flying in Nigeria? the authorities concerned are not taking it seriously, the passengers are denied the right to even have knowledge of what state the planes they are embarking on are, untill some thing happens and their relations are told stories ranging from cows in the runway to missing blackbox. do you understand now why flying in Nigeria is a bit different?
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2005
babagana:

nferyn, the question still remains- why is it that safety measures are not taken seriously when it comes to flying in Nigeria? the authorities concerned are not taking it seriously, the passengers are denied the right to even have knowledge of what state the planes they are embarking on are, untill some thing happens and their relations are told stories ranging from cows in the runway to missing blackbox. do you understand now why flying in Nigeria is a bit different?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify the lack of maintenance. But even given these problems, flying is still by far the safest mode of transportation.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by sage(m): 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2005
nferyn:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify the lack of maintenance. But even given these problems, flying is still by far the safest mode of transportation.

I agree with you. Nigerian roads are much worse. Thieves, potholes, accident causing damaged cars left on the road for months,........................................ cant continue to name them.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2005
sage:

I agree with you. Nigerian roads are much worse. Thieves, potholes, accident causing damaged cars left on the road for months,........................................ can't continue to name them.
When coming to Nigeria, I will [b]not [/b]drive myself. Even though I consider myself a reasonably good driver, I fear my instincts and habits would work against me on Nigerian roads.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by babagana(m): 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2005
nferyn:

When coming to Nigeria, I will [b]not [/b]drive myself. Even though I consider myself a reasonably good driver, I fear my instincts and habits would work against me on Nigerian roads.

Well you better don't, because a route you have plied a day before can simply transform in to a death trap the next day. You know something, you may not find a pothole or ditch there but a massive tree trunk placed by the police in the name of check point making you drive as though you are making two U turns in opposite directions and finally going straight.

Worse still the Police will stand at different points with fully loaded automatic Rifles asking to pull over while agressively indicating to you they are ready for a kill for even blinking your eyes. No wonder foreign investment inflow is so low into this country.
Re: Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? by MP007(m): 4:14am On Jul 02, 2007
Lagos state intercity transportation needs an effect rail system like that in boston and newyork, CiTIes that have population up to 20 million or more dont rely on road , they use subways , underground transports, Lagos needs modern rail way system, wouldnt it be nice if i can just go by rail from ikoyi to apapa with no hold-up , lets face reality,

your stupid nigerian politicians travel to boston, newyork and hong kong etc, and ma word nigerians are just "2" local, imagine people thanking God for a single over head bridge in sango-ota(i was told), Your media has to do a better job , show people how other countries are doing their own thang, nigeria needs help,

(1) (Reply)

Send Money From Nigeria To France / Some Interesting Facts You Probably Don't Know About Airports And Airlines. / A White Man Express Joy On Getting A Nigerian Visa, But Received A Savage Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.