Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

GTB Account Owners Beware! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GTB Account Owners Beware! (975 Views)

Major Bank Robbery To Happen At Several Branches Of GTB, Staff Customers Beware! / 5-Year-Old Girl Raped In A School In Anambra As Owners Try To Settle Family / Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Account Owners Beware! by seniorklop: 12:44pm On May 22, 2017
Copied from a WhatsApp group

If you have an account with gtbank this message is for you.
This happened to me tunde rowland (not real name) few hours ago
I got an email from gtb (my one and only bank) some hours ago that I was debited 14,500 for a bulletin I subscribed for, the email further read I should click a link to oblige and another link below to decline, I clicked on the link to decline cos the mail read it will be assumed that I agreed to the terms and conditions if I don't respond to the mail in 12hrs........... I clicked on the link to decline the offer since I don't want my 14,500 to be debited for some magazine I didn't subscribe for (note that I got these same email last week and I got tried calling gtbank customer service that day, I gave up after wasting about 600naira worth of airtime, I felt the need to respond when if got the message today again)..........lo and behold the link took me to my Internet banking page, it requested that I enter my log in details which I did.........the page requested I answer my test question which I did 1st then entered my 6 digits token code which Is usually requested when doing online banking.
Almost immediately I filled the form, the page kept loading and i was hoping I'd see a page where I'll click the Decline button or something then the worse thing happened............. I got an alert that all the money in my account has been debited. They left only the kobo for me this happened to me less than 2hrs ago.
I went to the nearest gtb and I was told that my account was hacked.
The debit alert I got showed that I recharged with all the money in my account.
Lo and behold I was given the number that was recharged at the bank 08170003208 (I was told at the bank that I used my money to recharge that number thinking it's mine, I wonder if if wanted to call heaven or hell that I will recharge that much of money on recharge)All my money is gone and nothing can be done about it, I'm sharing these with you all so u won't fall a victim.Please be careful.
Note that the mail came from opokonwa@gmail.com under the disguise of GeNs@gtbank.com as shown in the images below.

Please pass on to all gtbank subscriber you know so that they won't fall a victim of these hackers. They are everywhere.
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by eddyline(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2017
this is not just limited to GTB bank customers alone. you've just been scammed bro. never reveal your pin, or token code to anyone or any site. the original e-mail was never from gtb but rather from scammers.
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by Emassive(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2017
Lecture received
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by ukenke: 2:54pm On May 22, 2017
Do not panick if anyone is threatening to close your account or wanting to debit. The banks are looking for customers and wouldn't be a hurry to deactivate an account. Secondly N14,500 or so for magazine is simply outrageous and can never be true. These are simple checks. However, thanks, OP, for sharing. #thetimesareevil
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by stefanweeks: 3:10pm On May 22, 2017
where the pictures na?
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by begwong: 3:26pm On May 22, 2017
Got exact mail from one scammer in Diamond bank which I deleted ASAP!
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by laurenjones: 3:43pm On May 22, 2017
i have consistently received and ignored that mail for months. i almost fell for that sh!t as the scammers played the (Gens.alert) notification sh!t well.

sorry bro. Ibo boys aint fall for such.you must be Afonja

SCAM# THE SCAMMER#GANG#
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by Jabioro: 4:09pm On May 22, 2017
OP you mumu die... mu√mu √ should be your next bus stop
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by bubbllie(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2017
Okay bro...
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by seniorklop: 4:46pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=Jabioro post=56770592]OP you mumu die... mu√mu √ should be your next bus stop [/quote

Read the write up again, be sure you start from the first sentence!

Come back and tell us who is mu-mu]

1 Like

Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by Jabioro: 4:56pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=seniorklop post=56771648][/quote]Haven't you be warned several times by the banks and as you wanted to compromised your bank security codes , did you bother to get across apart from the call you made.. why can't you take your time to cross checked the mail sender address ?You're asking me to reread your post like you want me to understood your predicament beyond your foolishness ..Why can't you ignore the mail in the first instances, your hand dey scratched you.. abi?
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 22, 2017
I got the same mail on Saturday. It was not the first time so I ignored it. Check very well the icon is not same with standard GTB icon.
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by seniorklop: 7:21pm On May 22, 2017
Jabioro:
Haven't you be warned several times by the banks and as you wanted to compromised your bank security codes , did you bother to get across apart from the call you made.. why can't you take your time to cross checked the mail sender address ?You're asking me to reread your post like you want me to understood your predicament beyond your foolishness ..Why can't you ignore the mail in the first instances, your hand dey scratched you.. abi?

Lol

I actually underrated your 'mu-mu_ish'

Read again and keep fooling yourself.
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by Frankgenius213: 1:12am On May 23, 2017
seniorklop:

Lol
I actually underrated your 'mu-mu_ish'
Read again and keep fooling yourself.
actually you are d mumu here
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by crazyABO(m): 1:47am On May 23, 2017
Bro are u a foreigner
Re: GTB Account Owners Beware! by seniorklop: 7:03am On May 23, 2017
Frankgenius213:

actually you are d mumu here

The post was copied from a WhatsApp group! How could u have missed that? Geez! This is how u fail test or interview and equally fall for cheap scam such as this.

Be diligent!

You can show your mu-mu brother where you got it wrong.

I'm out of here mehn

(1) (Reply)

Why Aren't Northerners Engaged In Cultism? / See How A Soldier Was Publicly Humiliated By A Prostitute / See Who Among US, Russia, China Has Biggest Capabilities To Destroy World Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.