Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,322 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt (967 Views)

Kids Kidnapped In Aba, Kept In Caskets, Bakassi Boys Rescue Them (Video) / Vikings Members To Honour Their Queen Who Died Recently. Photos / Full Names Of Missing Dapchi Girls Recently Kidnapped By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by budiliscious(f): 2:18am On Jun 25, 2017
"On March 5, 2017 I received a call from one ‘Honourable’ Philip who requested that a key person from our organization should come to Omumma Local Government in Rivers State to inspect the LGA facility and give a quote for concentrated fumigation service. I did some quick research on the person and the local government because I had never been to Rivers state.

‘Honourable’ Philip promised to foot the bill of my transport to and fro. On March 6, 2017 I booked 10 O’clock flight to Portharcourt but my flight was delayed till 2 p.m. owing to bad weather. I arrived at Portharcourt airport around 2:45 p.m. and shortly after my arrival, I received a call from ‘Honourable’ Philip that someone would come and pick me up and drive me straight to the Local government secretariat. Everything looked perfect to me as I engaged the driver in some conversations as we journeyed towards what I later realized was the land of misfortune.

The driver suddenly linked to a bypass. As we drove down the scary, rugged and muddy road, some armed men (about ten of them) came from the bush and intercepted our car. There and then I realized that I was tricked all the way from Lagos only to end up in the territory of the kidnappers. So, for real, I was kidnapped; left stranded in the bush for three days with no water or food to eat. I was blindfolded, hands tied, legs tied for 3 days. Despite all the beating and threats to take my life if my family did not pay the 10 million naira ransom they demanded, God spared my life. I was dispossessed of my phones, laptop and my bank accounts were emptied but I held unto my faith in God and believed absolutely in Him. This is my testimony. Brethren, join me as I thank God for saving my life and restoring my soul. I say a big thank you to my inestimable family and wonderful friends for their relentless prayers, financial support, advice, time, hospitality, calls, messages and all for the past few days. May the almighty God reward you accordingly.

N.B. The same group that arranged my kidnap is sending text messages to contacts found on my phones using this format:

‘Gudmorning Adebowale, is me eMMA am now with Agip oil and gas company in Bayelsa branch. An employment is on now, if you like it let me know.’

Mine was contract, this is employment, please beware; don’t be the next victim. Let us share this post until it gets to someone you won't want to be the next victim."

https://web.facebook.com/kurlarday
posted on March 19, 2017.

Modified: Here is another new tactics some upcoming kidnappers use. Never give a stranger your account number. Some dudes (it may even be your neighbour or your not-too-close friend)may approach you that they would need you to give them your account details that their brother/sister wants to send money to the account for them because they have BVN issues with their account. You can't tell who is sending the money. Some upcoming kidnappers ask their victims to send money to random account numbers so as to avoid being traced by the police. According to the victim above who happens to be a close associate, he said in the process of paying the ransom, his family was asked to pay money into several bank accounts which were later submitted to the Rivers State Anti-Robbery unit for further investigation but nothing has happened till date. His kidnappers were even smart enough not to withdraw directly from the ATM, using the debit cards collected from him, they withdrew the money using POS. A lot of things are happening these days, there is no security anywhere. This victim is just an ordinary citizen of Nigeria just like you and me. Our politicians seem not to bother about the security of common men because they and their family are guided by gallant mobile police every here and there. May God continue to be our guard. I hope you have learnt a lesson from this experience. God bless you all and God bless Nairaland.
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by ArcFresky(m): 2:35am On Jun 25, 2017
Abba Kyari don cause trouble, all these kidnapper eye go dey shine now. .
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by budiliscious(f): 4:09am On Jun 25, 2017
ArcFresky:
Abba Kyari don cause trouble, all these kidnapper eye go dey shine now. .

Na so o.They are coming up with new strategies day by day.
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by ipobarecriminals: 5:10am On Jun 25, 2017
wink cool cool good story.u miraculously disappeared from their den when the enemy slept off abi?
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by meezynetwork(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2017
Nice story
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by MotherXmas(f): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2017
Oh I have read his story before. His family paid the ranson and he was released after some days. I heard that they even gave him some money to get himself back to Lagos.
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by hebenezher(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2017
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by MotherXmas(f): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by otokx(m): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Greed is involved, so the person in his or her mind thinks that there is nobody that can do fumigation based in Rivers State.
Re: How I Was Recently Kidnapped In Portharcourt by Kobicove(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2017
otokx:
Greed is involved, so the person in his or her mind thinks that there is nobody that can do fumigation based in Rivers State.

They probably offered him an outrageous contract fee and he fell for the bait

(1) (Reply)

Bello Anjarat Is A Fake Bitcoin Fraudster Seller She Duped Me Yesterday / Unknown Gunmen Rob And Destroy Two Banks In In University, Lapai. Niger State / Two Teachers Rape 6-year-old Pupil In School Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.