Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God (2618 Views)

Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) / Where Do People Sleep When They Go To Mecca ? / Can You Sleep When The Wind Blows? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 22, 2017
To everyone in the, I have come to observe that, when the theme is God, the Most intelligent people become dumbest on earth.

Here is a case of what happened between myself and a colleague.

We both were discussing about God, he said Science has been able to agree that there is a god. When I prompted for evidence from him to back up his statement, he became mute.

We furthered the discussion and I told him according to specific verse(s) in the Bible,, we are made to understand the earth is flat.
He countered the point by saying the Bible clearly stated the earth is spherical in shape. Not to prolong the matter, I gave him a part of the Bible that said "THE ANGELS OF GOD ARE HOLDING THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH which inturn means, the earth is flat.....

He shocked me by replying, "DON'T CIRCLE HAVE CORNERS"?

I became silent cos I very never heard such in my life. Circle having four corners....

May i add that, this dude is a FIRST CLASS STUDENT OF MY PROFESSION

Cc hahn, CatfishBilly, frank317, akiintom, pastafarian, obinna58, jonnydon22, dalaman, KingEbukasBlog... Al pastors ọn nl with spiritual understanding etc

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Pastafarian: 2:04pm On May 22, 2017
Christians dishonestly they try to have it both ways: they know that it doesn't make sense to believe things without evidence so they try to concoct evidence to support their belief but at the same time their Bible tells them that faith is a virtue so if it is pointed out to them that they don't really have any evidence at all they actually seem glad because that means they have faith and paradoxically this makes their belief stronger: they believe they are better Christians if their belief flies in the face of all evidence and they still continue to believe.

The story we are told of doubting Thomas having his doubts relieved by Jesus. Then followed up with the carrot before our horse. More blessed are those who believe and do not see. Exactly what I would say trying to get followers to believe something unbelievable.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by hahn(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2017
That is because religion appeals to our emotions

6 Likes

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by CatfishBilly: 2:11pm On May 22, 2017
Circle have corners? Wow, that's a first. grin grin grin
Religion tends to distort the way people think. I have a colleague who posted on FB that he cured a new born baby of jaundice through prayers. This is what is called physiologic jaundice that clears on its own within 2-4 days, yet, dude claimed it as a miracle for himself and his god.
He has posted about raising a dead baby in the womb when there are a million and one explanations for what he thought he saw.
It's really sad seeing them suddenly lose their intelligence when they start talking religion.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by felixomor: 2:36pm On May 22, 2017
My own question is why do atheists become less objective and dishonest especially when they want to push their agenda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by dalaman: 2:46pm On May 22, 2017
felixomor:
My own question is why do atheists become less objective and dishonest especially when they want to push their agenda?

Mirror, mirror on the wall.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 22, 2017
Indoctrination, brainwashing... that have been going on since they (religious) folks were born.

It's not easy to break the long chain of indoctrination

adepeter26

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by jonbellion(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2017
adepeter26:
To everyone in the, I have come to observe that, when the theme is God, the Most intelligent people become dumbest on earth.

We both were discussing about God, he said Science has been able to agree that there is a god. When I prompted for evidence from him to back up his statement, he became mute.

We furthered the discussion and I told him according to specific verse(s) in the Bible,, we are made to understand the earth is flat.
He countered the point by saying the Bible clearly stated the earth is spherical in shape. Not to prolong the matter, I gave him a part of the Bible that said "THE ANGELS OF GOD ARE HOLDING THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH which inturn means, the earth is flat.....

I became silent cos I very never heard such in my life. Circle having four corners....

Cc hahn, CatfishBilly, frank317, akiintom, pastafarian, obinna58, jonnydon22, dalaman, KingEbukasBlog... Al pastors ọn nl with spiritual understanding etc
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by ilynem(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2017
adepeter26:

I think the four corners support cardinal points. North, south, east and west. Try reading Isaiah 40:21-22

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

I think the four corners support cardinal points. North, south, east and west. Try reading Isaiah 40:21-22
Bro, cardinal points could be represented on any plane....
But corners on circle?? Mehn. From a first class student for that matter...
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by ilynem(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2017
adepeter26:

Bro, cardinal points could be represented on any plane....
But corners on circle?? Mehn. From a first class student for that matter...
He is obviously wrong. Circles don't have corners. But the Bible was referring to cardinal points.
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

He is obviously wrong. Circles don't have corners. But the Bible was referring to cardinal points.

Ewwwwww.....

Ad-hoc committed

Dó not add or subtract from Bíbélì. so sayeth the Lord of host....
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by ilynem(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2017
adepeter26:

Ewwwwww.....

Ad-hoc committed

Dó not add or subtract from Bíbélì. so sayeth the Lord of host....

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:
You could repeat that look again Bro cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Akiintom: 7:00pm On May 22, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3814901/four-reasons-why-educated-folks#56775092
The above link, gives an in depth analysis on the subject matter.
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by OtemAtum: 7:05pm On May 22, 2017
hahn:
That is because religion appeals to our [b]emotions[b]

The slogan of religion: BE YE HIGHLY EMOTIONAL
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by OtemAtum: 7:07pm On May 22, 2017
ilynem:

What about NE, NW, SE and SW?
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by obinna58(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
Now the bible came directly from the creator of the universe, the almighty omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, benevolence God, then God told us in the bible that the earth he Created has four corners, years later people discovered that the earth is round in shape,
Now in a circle shaped earth, it impossible to point out four corners grin grin,
How can all powerful God be a lair, it's also impossible
Can scientists lie, yes its very possible but they had a very hard evidence which can't be denied.

God gave us the bible when there was no enough tools for proper researches, if bible was written in recent times four corners wouldn't have been there, now what are the proves that bible came directly from God "belief" grin
Belief means an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.

Has God been physically proven "NO" but he proves himself to me through dreams, and sometimes when I do work hard he proves himself by making me come out successfully.

God also let me know that he is,
A very jealous one,
He works very mysteriously,
I shouldn't ask him some particular questions,
I should fear him because he love me so much.

Can't we just stop some bulshit!!!
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by ftechclass: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
^^ is on drugs.
Crazy dude
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Hier(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north(north pole) over the empty place(space), and hangeth the earth upon nothing.[b]

North pole, and a space around the north pole. North with space around it, that's not flat, its like saying an egg has a continuation around the edges.

Hanging upon nothing, it stands on its own without support

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the [b]circle of the earth
, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Circles as how

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

I don't know what to make out of the word 'to compass'

It should be worth of note that whatsoever thing that were recorded in the Bible was not to prove point to any body, but to build a Christian

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

If everything about Jesus was not fully documented because of the largeness of the account of Jesus only, how big would the Bible be, if it documented the things pertaining to every Character in the Bible, Jesus is the answer, stop looking for answers elsewhere else you would make lot of mistakes.
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by luvmijeje(f): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
Olodo calling Christians Olodo. So the angels holding the four corner of the earth equate the earth is flat.
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by obinna58(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
ftechclass:
^^ is on drugs.
Crazy dude
grin
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
luvmijeje:
Olodo calling Christians Olodo. So the angels holding the four corner of the earth equate the earth is flat.
Do spheres have corners?
Does an oval shape object have for corners?

Locate the corners pls

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by luvmijeje(f): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2017
adepeter26:

Do spheres have corners?
Does an oval shape object have for corners?

Locate the corners pls

Before answering your question quote the scripture where you got it from?
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 24, 2017
luvmijeje:

Before answering your question quote the scripture where you got it from?
Rev 7:1
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by luvmijeje(f): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2017
adepeter26:

Rev 7:1
1.Then I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds so they did not blow on the earth or the sea, or even on any tree.

2.And I saw another angel coming up from the east, carrying the seal of the living God. And he shouted to those four angels, who had been given power to harm land and sea,

Read verse 2 emphasis on East. If you Still have any question let me know.
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by chemystery: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2017
luvmijeje:

And how does that stop the earth from having four corners like my bedroom?

If you would like to know, my bed is located at the western path of my bedroom

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 24, 2017
luvmijeje:

Cherry picking at its peak. Luvmijeje haba.
Why versé 2 and not 1 & 2?

Verse two has nothing to do with the corners. It's was talking about the coming of a fifth angel from the east holding the scroll while the other four were busy holding the four corners of the earth so it wont be blown away
Anyways, still with you on ya verse 2.

I saw "another" angel (mark the word, another) >> this implies the angels are 5 now.

Still on your verse two;
The cardinal point east was clearly stated meaning the authors of that chapter were in their right state of mind when they said east.
I'm sure, if they were referring to the four cardinals, they would have stated it just they way they said EAST.

Back to verse one, it was clear that the writer knew the earth was flat that was why they called it CORNERS. If I'm to tell you you that triangle has four CORNER, won't you laugh at my ignorance?

From that same verse 1, it was clearly stated that "four" angels were holding the corners of the earth while in verse 2, another was coming from the east.
Analytically, 4 corners indicated the earth was a flat surface. And a fifth (another) angel was coming from the east.

I may be quoting out of context as usual sha, but clarify me on something;
The "another" angel that was coming from the east, was he among the angels holding the corners or he came on his own? (tho verse 2 said he greeted them, twale to the remaining 4)....
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2017
chemystery:

I'm patiently waiting to see how she dodge my raised points.

I know what her next response would be.
Not every part of the Bible should be taken literally wink

Watchout bro
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by CatfishBilly: 11:18am On Jun 24, 2017
adepeter26:

I'm patiently waiting to see how she dodge my raised points.

I know what her next response would be.
Not every part of the Bible should be taken literally wink

Watchout bro
You need the holy Spirit the serial rapist to interpret that passage.
How dare you blaspheme
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by lepasharon(f): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Geometry is not everyone's strong point
Re: Why Does The Brain Sleep When The Discussion Is About God by luvmijeje(f): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2017
chemystery:

I'm beginning to see I'll have to go into another round of explanation. Cc adepeter26

This is what the OP wrote:
THE ANGELS OF GOD ARE HOLDING THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH

This is what the Bible said:

1.Then I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth
My question to both of you is, does standing and holding means the same to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If We Jail All The Pastors? Wha / A Prayer Request For Bisi Olofinyo / Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.