Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} (739 Views)

Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / Zion Rufus’ Diary Of A Lagos Girl Ep7 Catch All New Episodes At Www.lingoafrica. / A Book Blog That Seeks To Educate In Fun And Exciting Ways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} by LaClickLaBend: 2:39pm On May 22, 2017
Hi all, so there's this new story i am writing. please help me invite the right people!
Re: The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} by LaClickLaBend: 2:44pm On May 22, 2017
Copyright ©2015
Leahcim Zil.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be copied in part, or whole, or be reproduced in another format, without prior approval from the author

I

My name is Steve. I graduated with a second class lower from a prestigious university of technology in Nigeria. Knowing I was going to graduate with a 2.2 spurred me to start seeking ways to improve myself, as a 2.2 graduate literally has no chance in Nigeria’s labor market.
I started to learn soft and hard skills in my final year at the university, and also started a honey delivery business. I feel like graduating with a 2.2, was actually a blessing for me, because if I had graduated with a first class or a 2.1, I would not have thought to improve myself as I would have been focused on getting a job immediately after graduation.
By the end of my final year, I had a better CV than almost everyone in my department. I had joined one of these student organizations where I was exposed to various life changing experiences. Plus my honey business was already booming and I had already started my own bee farm.
A few months after graduation, I travelled to Germany to further my education. I had refused to take part in the National Youth Service Corp program, as I felt it was a big waste of time for me. I had just graduated, I had many great ideas floating in my head that if followed on, could make me really successful, and it would have been illogical to waste this period of my life teaching kids in a secondary school, in the name of serving my fatherland.
After my masters in Germany, I came back to Nigeria and focused fully on expanding my honey business. By then, I was already supplying about forty companies raw material quantity honey and about five hundred wholesalers. My initial honey farm had tripled in size and I had two more in other states of the country. I was a successful young adult and I was doing well.
Few years after I came back from Germany, after I had settled my honey business and set it on the right track, I delved into Project management.
During my time in the student organization I mentioned earlier, I had handled many projects in partnership with the state governor’s wife office, so I was an experienced project manager even though I had no certificate. The connect I had gotten during my student organization period were put to good use when I started my project management firm, and in a short while, my firm was already handling multi-millionaire projects for various state governments and we were already far ahead of many project management firms we met in existence. I was barely twenty-seven and I was almost a billionaire.
To keep ahead of the competition, I went to America for a professional Project Management course, there I met Maya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} by LaClickLaBend: 2:46pm On May 22, 2017
II

The first time I saw Maya, I knew immediately that I wanted to marry her. It was love at first sight for me. Maya is American, but of Latin descent, popularly called Latin-Americans. She fit all the Latin-American stereotype, she was sexy with the right curves in the right place, she spoke in a funny accent, even though she was born and brought up in America but what particularly stood out about her were her eyes. God! She had this big and piercing grey eyes that seemed to stare into my soul, whenever we spoke. It’s hard to tell Maya a lie, not because she’s psychic or anything, but because of her eyes.
We clicked immediately we met. She had this uncanny sense of humor, for somebody that sexy. We were taking a couple of classes together and were even partnered together to come up with a project, fate uh? Maya and I spent a lot of time together, initially as friends, before I asked her out and we started dating.
I travelled occasionally to Nigeria, to check up on my businesses and handle some serious projects my staff could not handle. The December of my second year in America, I took Maya home to meet my mother and they clicked almost immediately. My mother always wanted an Oyinbo wife to continue the bloodline (My grandmother is a half caste), so Maya was a dream come true for her.
That December was the best ever for me. I took Maya along with me everywhere I went to, and I actually enjoyed the looks we always got in public places. She got to know Lagos, and I think she loved it.
By January, before she left Nigeria, I proposed to Maya in front of my family. I think we were all delighted she said yes. By then I had already finished my course in America and I was only left with the project submission, which could be done online. So I had no reason to go back, and I was already thinking of settling down in Nigeria anyway.
Maya went back to complete her own course and also inform her people of the new development. We were already planning our future after marriage and we both agreed it will be better if she moved to Lagos with me.
Maya went back to America, and I went to work. Things were still looking good for our firm, but I needed to open another branch on the island, as we were in Ikeja then. That meant that I had to relocate to the island, because I wanted the island office to be the new headquarter and I had to monitor its set up.
I contacted my agent, and after a long and arduous search we finally found an apartment. The reason we really took time getting an apartment, was because by then, I was already a billionaire even though I didn’t like to look it. The only thing that could make you think I had money, was my car. I drove the latest Mercedes Benz S500. It was a big boy whip, but it wasn’t extraordinary or anything, and you could find many of them on the island. Asides from my car, I was just your regular average Nigerian guy that was financially okay. I was not a show-off and I really loved my privacy. I wanted an Apartment that was not too flashy or expensive, but comfortable enough for me and most importantly was private.
So i got a three bedroom BQ at Lekki, it was fairly close to the new office, making transit easy for me. The main apartment was unoccupied as the family that stayed there had travelled out of the country, I almost always had the compound to myself. Then there was Ahmed, the gateman, who also served as gardener and compound cleaner. All in all, it was a good place and I was pleased.

1 Like

Re: The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} by Timson01(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2017
so what then happen mr?feeling inquisitive
Re: The Apartment {all New And Exciting Story!!!!} by Timson01(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2017
no story

(1) (Reply)

Persuasion Secrets Of The World's Most Charismatic And Influential Villain / I Love My Rags(short Story) / Sheridan's Thought(is Mom Cheating?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.