Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Cotonou, Benin Republic - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cotonou, Benin Republic (65515 Views)

Nigerian Helicopter Crashes In Benin Republic (Pictured) / A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2007
Benin Marina Hotel

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2007
Benin Marina Hotel

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 5:20am On Jul 22, 2007

At Cotonou International Airport

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by 9ja4eva: 6:11am On Jul 22, 2007
Nice pics
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by wifeypenth(f): 1:11am On Jul 23, 2007
Me i like Cotonou oh, there streets are so neat!
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by 9ja4eva: 3:16am On Jul 23, 2007
U don enter inside d streets b4?Na major roads neat oh
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2007
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by 50kobo: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
nice pics dblock, good to see the sounds and sights of other west African countries,
quite similar to Nigeria only difference is that it is not as dirty, i am starting to think that nigeria could be the most dirty country in the world!
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 7:40am On Aug 11, 2007

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by 9ja4eva: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2007
50kobo:

nice pics dblock, good to see the sounds and sights of other west African countries,
quite similar to Nigeria only difference is that it is not as dirty, i am starting to think that nigeria could be the most dirty country in the world!

LOL you funny oh.

Nah it is not.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by naijabands(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
Can anybody advise me on the best area to hang out in Cotonou, and comfortable yet not too pricey hotels? I need a break from Lagos, and I dare not be far away from same after the long public holiday! I am thinking of getting away with my girlfriend, so all I really need are the following; a comfy double bed wink, good air conditioning, proximity to a patisserie and liquor shop that's about it!!!
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by skydiver(m): 8:18am On Sep 26, 2008
Its a good idea to have a break in Cotonou, a good cheap clean small hotel is "Tram-Way" it is just behind the church "Notre Dame" close to everything but quiet. There is also a bar and restaurant on it and in the week-end a live band is playing.
I was there for several times with my Nigerian wifeand we are very happy with it, transport is cheap with okada and the drive safely.
Enjoy.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Nobody: 11:25am On May 19, 2009
Does anyone have an idea what it will cost me for a holiday trip of two from lagos to Cotonou?
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by OneNaija(m): 1:40pm On May 19, 2009
@50kobo You are an Idiot. I dont blame you because you never travel outside Lagos. Stupid fools. try to get your self involved with peoples have travels. Lagos is the best place to stay if you have your money.You nur get money na dey worry you. try to wise up.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by ichommy(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2009
nice pics wink wink
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by james2man: 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
If you have your lajan (Money), You will enjoy it here in Cotonou,but if you don't have the Cfa my broda na suffeness ooo only if you are ready to go to Misebo or topa market to hustle.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by shotster50(m): 6:08am On Jun 14, 2009
Sorry to burst your bubbles but personally i think cotonou is yet another dirty unplanned, dunghole,  a mini lagos. If you want to go somewhere nice, try Accra.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by SeanT21(f): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2009
Beautiful CITY!!
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by dblock(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2009
And Accra isn't the dirty?
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by shotster50(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2009
Even a dirty Accra is waaaaaaaaay better than Cotonou / Lome anytime.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by noblegas2(m): 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
9ja4eva:

U don enter inside d streets b4?Na major roads neat oh

Did i bliv dat? Nope
Chairman, i think its d place u visited, I av been dere & i can proudbly say dere roads are way more better dan Nigerian Roads, almost everywer is tarred plus uninteruppted power supply.D one tin i liked abt Cotonou is almost every corner u go to, u re damn sure to find a Club dere wit women wiv Big fat ass, d only thin i dont like abt d Place is dere Airport, lol, it looks like a Kitchen to me plus d Immigration officers are damn greedy, dey demanded 10000 Cfa fanc each from me & ma peeps b4 we were stamped out, I remembered wer we use to eat den @ GBEGAME, lol, our hotel per night was around 10000 cfa franc per night, lol, its really worth Visitin for anybody whu wants to
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by tatolino: 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2010
peeps pls anyone tell me a not too expensive descent hotel there and places to hang out, just one weekend,,, names and addresses, if you have them, places of interests, various markets. thanks
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Sholaf(f): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ Totolino,

Try Benin Atlantic Beach Hotel, Fidjrose Beach Cotonou. Less than Naira 8K per double room, facilities include, Swimming Pool, Gym, Karaoke Nite Club, Restaurant, Internet Cafe.
Each room comes with its own Balcony, Split Unit Airco Remote Control, Mini fridge Freezer, and Flat Screen TV.
Good Luck.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Laajman(m): 3:40pm On May 02, 2011
Looks like a ok location for a quick getaway-- especially if you're sick of Lagos.
Been to Accra like 3x; and can't honestly think of anything exciting to do. Might as well go to Cotonou
which is closer and cheaper too grin

Even though, its less developed than Lagos, I'm sure the "feel" and "vibes" would be different.
Different food, different language, different culture, sights; scenes and smells,

Folks, it'd be great to learn about your reviews on hotels; restaurants; and fun attractions.
Holla!
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Sholaf(f): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Laajman,

Cotonou is a very safe city , to have maximum short break, try hiring a car and driver from the hotel, CFA 2,000 per Hour.
Drive along The Fidjrosse, Togbin beaches and up to Ouidah along the Rue Des Peches is a spectacular scenery.
A walk on the beach is very safe day and night. The best place to stay in Cotonou Fidjrosse is:

Benin Atlantic Beach Hotel.
Tel 00229 21 06 01 21

If you are the adventurous type, take a 4x4 and head to the north of the country to Nattinghou and Pendjari National Park.
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by maya000: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
oh pls pls pls pls BENIN REPUBLIC is a country that iis full of shit an wicked citizens. DO NOT DREAM of coming here. its worst than nigeria hundred times. i live in this country and the people are not foreigner friendly. they HATE foreigners. they con u, kill u, even your security man tries to date your own wife and when u get angry u get slapped by the security, the owners of houses here con u, they say the houses r cheap on internet but thats a BIG FUCKING LIE.they tell u they dont lease their houses to nigerians and that is after u have paid the rent cos they know nigerians are a NO- NONSENSE people. they promise u to fix up the house when u pay and when u pay they DO NOTHING, If u complain, they call the police and label u as a trouble maker. when the police comes, he begins chatting with the security asking the security which village he is from and then he is like ' oh i am from the same village' and then case closed, then he the police actually asks u if he can sleep the night in your house. when u say NO, HE actually comes back the next day with his colleagues and a bulletless gun accusing u of mistreating a citizen of his country. and e says ' keep quiet, anything u say will be used against u in court.'...can u imagine? arrest without evidence? what nonsense!!! u order something through DHL Off the internet or abroad and they tell u to bring thousands of francs to collect packages u pay for. if u live here and someone sends u even a cheap phone through DHL, THE officials at DHL plans with the customs and country u con u. they tell u to pay 200,000n francs to collect your package. they r so so rotten to the core. so wicked witout conscience. 80 percent here understand english but when they see u r a newbie, they become deaf and cant understand what u say. they only understand that u want to pay them for something u buy elsewhere cheaper. they cheat u hundred times more. when u have problem with the police the police would actually deport u back to wher u came from no matter how far it is if u dont give them money. and they ask for lots not just little pennies. i have travelled far and wide even to french countries in africa and BENIN REPUBLIC IS THE WORSTTTTTT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. i am leaving as soon as my house rent expires.
WARNING: DO NOT DREAM OF COMING TO THIS COUNTRY. THEY SHOULD BE WIPED OUT OF WORLD MAP.

1 Like

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by padbor: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
If you need a geniune Universities at BENIN Republic, I suggest you to see.

http://iuhsn.org/members/benin/

You can also see the full member geniune university in AFRICA! at iuhsn dot org
http://iuhsn.org/
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
dudes, how is it like geting a job in cotonou. how profitable is teaching profession dere and living dere too.
Any useful info pls
thanks
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dude, thanks for these insight n lovely pics.
just wanna have a vaible info about jobs especially teaching jobs there and how profitable it is. I will appreciate useful info. Ama graduate of philosophy with excellent grade. thanks
Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by gaspo: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Share

Re: Cotonou, Benin Republic by Juvinist(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author=shotster50 post=4040659]Even a dirty Accra is waaaaaaaaay better than Cotonou.You are very stupid.What do you mean by dirty Accra?You are a villager,ode!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) / Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.