Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) (832 Views)

Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo) / How to Survive Primary School: A True Story / Melting Snow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2017
A HEART MELTING STORY OF A BOY WHO WAS SO DETERMINED TO GO TO SCHOOL
E1

A boy by name Ekene, who was so 'desperate' to be educated. Ekene made a survey, he made observation and discovered that every successful person was educated or had an educated person around them.

This increased his 'burning fire' crave for education. So, this made him to be 'too' studious; he was over studious, he studied endlessly in the church, in school at home he was seen reading, he became a 'book worm', he took his studies as a priority.

Although, natural Ekene was dull, due to his constant reading he became intelligent and vibrant. Meanwhile, he wrote WAEC and got a good grades of A's and B's. So, he was celebrated and cajole by his family. Also, he was emerged as the best candidate in his school. In Addition, he knew he merited it because he travailed before he prevailed.

Nevertheless, it was high time for Ekene to gone into higher institution (university) to eventually actualise his Dreams, but this was the "straw that broke the camel's back".... TO BE CONTINUED..!
Re: A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 6:21am On May 24, 2017
E2

Ekene sat for his first Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) and scored 255. But was unable to secure admission to higher institution, then he sat for the second time and got 301, still to no avail, he sat for JAMB again for the third time and scored 290. Days turn weeks, week turn months still no Admission letter.

So, Ekene decided to play to the gallery, he met one of the university administrator who told him
"Ah! It simple, to secure admission here you have to be well connected, but for you just give me a little token of N30,000 with addition of your school fee of N65,000" this was the words that proceeded out of the administrator Ekene met.

Ekene got home and was in the ocean of thoughts, 'he may be right, to secure admission in this country you need connection,' "he who pays the piper dictates the tune" he thought "what a country Nigeria!" he lamented, 'but where on earth can i get that can of money, N95,000! Menhh! It huge" he stated 'my parents are mere farmer and it not lucrative to...'

then he was tapped, unfinishing the thought.

"O Boi dix 1 way ur face b lyk sawa beans so, I hope say wahala no dy". Ekene stood up and said "Chichi na skul issues oh, you wouldn't believe what i'm about telling you, one of the administration officer required N30,000 to secure admission for me, imagine! Despict my high credentials" 'are you for real?' "u tink say I b dy joke b4" 'what's Nigeria turning into corruption and bribery everywhere' Lamented Chinedu,

"the evil is found in every nook and cranny of the society" Ekene stated.

"you know when it comes to school matters you are so desperate, i will advice you to wait for God's Time, and how do you intent to raise that huge sum of money" Chinedu concluded.

"I have a clandestine plan" says Ekene 'Clandestine Plan!!' shouted Chinedu. 'oya yam mi, tel me la' "I go tel u leta" 'NO! tel me nw nw'
"OKAY..."

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2017
E3

(Chinedu is Ekene childhood friend right from primary school, he as been Ekene closest friend they have been 'best of paddis' for years now. So, they done hide anything from each other, In addition Chinedu have been a good adviser to 'the desperate Ekene')

Ekene didn't finish his words when he heard loud voices shouting rather wailing and crying, he and Chinedu immediately ran to the venue of the pandemonium.

On reaching there, he saw is dad weakly on the ground, he was not shaking, "is he dead, why must he die now that I need his help like never before" Ekene thought,

'make una wait o he dy breath o, na faint he faint o, Ada run go bring water' a man stated 'bring am fast fast jor Ada!' another man shouted.

This discovering relieve Ekene off is awful thoughts.
Moreover, Ekene father was really weak due to too much of stress and hardwork he face in his farm.
However, that morning he refuse to take his breakfast, due to the fact that he wanted it to be enough for his children and sick wife, without eating he went to the farm and worked endlessly without any help and this made him to be weak, so he returned from the farm fully exhausted and he fainted.

"I don pour r'am two bucket of water still he no stand up" "pour am more, Ada bring more buckets of water make we pour ur daddy"

Ekene, Chinedu and others stood in surprise to watch as the event begins to unfold.

"make una rush this man to hospital o, he is too weak" said an elder 'na die diz man dy so o' another man stated

"GOD FORBIDDE!!" shouted Ekene's sick mother and others.

So, he was rush to the hospital for medical check-up.
Although, not immediately due to delare of vehicle and transport fare.

Nevertheless, Ekene was really swimming in the ocean of thoughts, "I'm in the issue of admission wahala, papa wahala come join plus mummy sickness. Ah! na wa o! I'm really frustrated of all these, papa hospital bill plus my admission fees plus mama medicines, all these na money, way and how I wan tak get d money" Ekene thought.

He pause for a while and remembered

"My clandestine plan with that notorious boy" he lamented.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2017
E4

"So u don finally com, u don gree for dat tin way I tel u" Poison stated, 'No oh! I came for you to clarify me more on..." Ekene didn't finish the sentence when Poison shouted "common shut-up! u come clarify wetin, e b like say u don dy mad abi, u tin say to make money easy abi" 'ogami sorry, no vex'

"I go only tel u say d plan don change, now bigger opportunity don come, e get 1 rich man way come back from Dubai, so we, me you and my gang go go...." Poison was interrupted my Ekene shout,

"So na thieves una be, I'm finished!" Ekene exclaimated, "but you didn't specify this, you only told me that you are expecting a stuff to arrive and you will give me 30% to pay back letter with interest which I didn't..."

'wu u dy speak al this English for, u tink say na only u go skul, before i open my eye make u don run commort for here' Poison angryly stated, and Ekene fled.

Notwithstandingly, Poison is a notorious stree boy known for 'knowing every shortcut of making money fast'.

When Ekene needed help on the money for his admission, he thought of options that he would use to raise the huge money, but he find no options. Due to desperation he have no option but to seek the assistance of the 'fast money making boy' Poison.

Who persuaded Ekene that he had a 'stuff' that will arrive in due time, and both of them will share the money 30-70, then, Ekene will pay him back with 20% interest.

Well, Poison warned him (Ekene) that he should not review this plan to anyone, that it should be a 'clandestine plan' between them.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 8:54pm On May 26, 2017
E5

Ekene was now in a big dilemma, he was obviously confused, he didn't know what to do again.

Besides time was beating him, the admission exercise was ending; and he needed the Admission like never before, also, his dad was in the stage of dying.

Meanwhile, Ekene was given hospital bill of N10,000 to be paid before treatment could commenced on his dad, indicating that that's the hospital motto: "PAY BEFORE SERVICE" can you imagine?

However, he was thinking whether to adhere to Poison proposal. Thus, as he was thinking about this so called proposal, the advise of Chinedu flashed his mind; "I will advice you to wait for God's Time". But I have been waiting endlessly for God's Time, but seems abortive, Ekene thought.

He then re-reason the proposal of Poison; "Omo na risk, besides great men are known for the risk they take" he voiced out, 'I will not be alive and see my dad die and the same time lose my admission his year, it also equivalent to the risk, if I eventually lose my admission this year again I will just die so it better i join the troop of gang to make ends meet'.

Moreover, due to desperation Ekene decided to play to the gallery of pilfer. And forgot the advises of God sent Chinedu to have patient for God's Time; that Him's Time is the Best. Now the real story begins let watch-out for the more thrilling and awful episodes...

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) by BOBBZKID(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2017
Please I know criticism is inevitabl
e, so, critics pls evaluate this write-up correct and guide me in a manner that is acceptable. 'no man is an island' "No man is perfect" .. If you like this story just indicate your interest by commenting, so let me release the other episodes.. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Our Unity, Our Victory - A Story From Wurastories / Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) / 18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Was 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.