Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 (20847 Views)

Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time / Xenophobia: Zambia Cancels International Friendly Game With S’africa / Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by macanthony25(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2017
Corsica indeed. And when we win them, we will tell ourselves that we are ready.
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2017
DeRay98:
is it till he's 30 before he's ripe enough?
How old was Cameroun's goalkeeper in last Nation's Cup
This is a friendly and its meant test and discover who's ready for the next level.

issorite undecided

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by COvo(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2017
Humility017:

ignorance is really hitting you hard...
please do your research... the island has good players plying their trade in French ligue 1 just like catalona of Spain....players plying their trade in LA liga espayon and Barcelona
It's clear you are an ass licker.
No need arguing with you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2017
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by begwong: 12:34pm On May 24, 2017
WHICH PART OF THE PLANET IS THAT CORSICA? NEPTUNE angry angry angry
UNA NO SEE SPAIN,OR BRAZIL NI?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by Codes151(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2017
Smh

Sports minister is a registered fool
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by pussyponder: 1:59pm On May 24, 2017
A single game of 5 odd is available... It 100% sure... No chance to lose... If u can pay 3k after winning.. Then add me on WhatsApp my digit 08185825775..

If u can't pay or stake well pls don't bother to message me.. Cos u will regret it..
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2017
The Corsica national football team (Corsican: Squadra Corsa di Balò) is the unofficial football team for the island of Corsica, France. It is not affiliated with FIFA or UEFA. Until now, the selection has played against national teams only three times : in 1967 against France, in 1998, just before the 1998 FIFA World Cup against Cameroon (as a preparation game for the Lions Indomptables), and more recently in 2009 against Congo.
In the past, the selection has also played against club teams, as in 1962 against OGC Nice, or Stade Reims in 1963.
The match against Congo was organized by the CFA (Corsica Football Association). In order to be called up for the team, a player had to fulfil two conditions: having at least one parent or grandparent from Corsica and being a professional player or being part of a professional club.

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by toseen7: 3:18pm On May 24, 2017
Corsisa na country?, is this a kind of Ajegunle/Apapa Football team?

When are we going to see friendly matches like; Nigeria vs Spain, England, Brazil,Argentina or Portugal?
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 7:17pm On May 24, 2017
Humility017:

ignorance is really hitting you hard...
please do your research... the island has good players plying their trade in French ligue 1 just like catalona of Spain....players plying their trade in LA liga espayon and Barcelona
there is nothing that nigerians don't complain about
#corsicagoodforsupereagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by Humility017(m): 7:21pm On May 24, 2017
maidaboi:
there is nothing that nigerians don't complain about
#corsicagoodforsupereagles

I tell you...especially the folks who knew nothing. they just wanna comment and as such they pour out their ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2017
Humility017:

I tell you...especially the folks who knew nothing. they just wanna comment and as such they pour out their ignorance
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks to this thread I got to know that Corsica is a country .... actually an island of just 326,898 people. Now why the F would our super Eagles play against such a small team??
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by rakabuba001(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2017
we for just go play with Bakassi peninsula to save our penny and time grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2017
iluvpomo:
Thanks to this thread I got to know that Corsica is a country .... actually an island of just 326,898 people. Now why the F would our super Eagles play against such a small team??
because it is out of FIFA calendar simple
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:48pm On May 24, 2017
toseen7:
Corsisa na country?, is this a kind of Ajegunle/Apapa Football team?

When are we going to see friendly matches like; Nigeria vs Spain, England, Brazil,Argentina or Portugal?
when we become number one in africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2017
rakabuba001:
we for just go play with Bakassi peninsula to save our penny and time grin grin
just arrange it they will play it when they leave france
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2017
macanthony25:
Corsica indeed. And when we win them, we will tell ourselves that we are ready.
no untill when we lose
somehow
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2017
maidaboi:
because it is out of FIFA calendar simple
Still dude, surely there are more competitive countries in Africa that we can play against??
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2017
begwong:
WHICH PART OF THE PLANET IS THAT CORSICA? NEPTUNE angry angry angry
UNA NO SEE SPAIN,OR BRAZIL NI?
africa in nigeria
oh i forget in the galaxy
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by maidaboi(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2017
iluvpomo:
Still dude, surely there are more competitive countries in Africa that we can play against??
don't forget we will play togo
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2017
maidaboi:
don't forget we will play togo
Ok - that's at least better ... I still wish he played against some tougher football nations .....
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2017
The defender's club has issued a statement to confirm the absence of the player from the Super Eagles camp in Corsica

Mainz 05 have confirmed Leon Balogun’s withdrawal from the Nigeria team to play Corsica and Togo on May 26 and June 1 respectively.

The centre-back limped off the pitch in the 18th minute and was replaced by Alexander Hack as the Zerofivers lost 2-0 to Koln in their last Bundesliga game of the season.

The 28-year-old defender was scheduled to join the Super Eagles in Corsica for preparation ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers against South Africa and might be a doubt for the crucial fixture on June 10.

“Due to an injury he picked up in the final game of the season, @LeonBalogun has had to withdraw from international duty with Nigeria,” the club tweeted.

The Super Eagles commenced training with 12 available players on Wednesday morning
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by macanthony25(m): 9:14am On May 25, 2017
maidaboi:
no untill when we lose
somehow

I see
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2017
Nigeria are short on manpower ahead of their international friendly with Corsica on Friday, May 26.

Super Eagles media officer, Toyin Ibitoye, has confirmed a story broken by allnigeriasoccer.com on Wednesday that a number of players have withdrawn from the friendly against the Islanders.

Apart from the 16 players currently in camp, comprising of two goalkeepers and fourteen outfield players, eight of the other invitees will not join the training camp leading up to Friday's game.

Therefore, John Ogu, Wilfred Ndidi, Moses Simon, Isaac Success, Noah Serenren-Bazee and Victor Osimhen will definitely not make the match day squad for the game at Stade Francois Coty in Ajaccio.

It was already settled that Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi and the young Chelsea defender Ola Aina will join the team in France as from Sunday because of the Emirates FA Cup final between the two London teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:36am On May 26, 2017
Oga Uncle Robosky02...... I don register my presence Sir... smiley
When the show begins.... Hopefully, I will be here with you and "the gang" wink
Go Super Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

lets go there cheesy grin
optional1, cruzita, klexycole, Willydilly, VickyRotex, blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, safarigirl, Smellymouth, Mediapace, refiner,

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by robosky02(m): 7:02am On May 26, 2017
1. CORSICA: A FRENCH REGION AND ISLAND IN MEDITERRANEAN SEA

Corsica is an island in the Mediterranean Sea and one of the 13 regions of France. It is located west of the Italian Peninsula, southeast of the French mainland, and north of the Italian island of Sardinia.

After being ruled by the Republic of Genoa since 1284, Corsica was briefly an independent Corsican Republic from 1755 until it was conquered by France in 1769.

The native Corsican language, whose northern variant is closely related to the Italian language, is recognised as a regional language by the French government.

2. CORSICA'S POPULATION IS LESS THAN FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND

As of January 2013, the population of Corsica was put at 322,120 inhabitants.

At the 2011 census, 56.3% of the inhabitants of Corsica were natives of Corsica, 28.6% were natives of Continental France, 0.3% were natives of Overseas France, and 14.8% were natives of foreign countries.

The majority of the foreign immigrants in Corsica come from the Maghreb (particularly Moroccans, who made up 33.5% of all immigrants in Corsica at the 2011 census), and from Southern Europe (particularly Portuguese, 22.7% of immigrants on the island), and Italians (13.7%).

3. CORSICA'S EVER FOOTBALL MATCH WAS AGAINST FRANCE

Corsica's first ever football match was against France on 28 February 1967, in a friendly game.

The Game which was played inside Stade Vélodrome, home ground of Olympique Marseille, saw Corsica winning 2-0.

That was the first and only time both teams have met.

4. FIRST AFRICAN OPPONENT WAS INDOMITABLE LIONS OF CAMEROON

The first African team Corsica played against was in a friendly game against the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in 1998.

It was a preparatory game for Cameroon ahead of the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France.

Played at Stade Armand Cesari, Bastia, Cameroon triumphed 1-0 against Corsica.

5. CORSICA NOT AFFILIATED TO FIFA OR UEFA

Unlike Nigeria who are registered member of Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) and Confederation of Africa Football (CAF), Corsica are not affiliated to FIFA or Union of European Football Association (UEFA).

Due to their status, Corsica do not get any rankings from the world and European football governing body.

This means they are not part of the 206 recognised National teams by FIFA.

6. CORSICA LAST PLAYED A FOOTBALL GAME IN 2016

The last time Corsica played a football match was on 27 May 2016 in a friendly against Basque Country.

They lost 9-8 on penalties against Basque Country after regulation time ended 1-1.

This means Corsica has gone almost a year without playing a football match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by timibare(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2017
Which TV station wan show this match , abi na fixed match ??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by optional1(f): 3:28pm On May 26, 2017
robosky02:

Full List of Super Eagles players for the match:

lets go there cheesy
optiona, cruza, klexyce, Willydiy, VickyRot blu, TheSuperN, ikron, sarigirl, Smellymouh, Mediace, refin,

which one be Corsica again?
Na club or academy

@robosky02
Re: Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 by optional1(f): 3:30pm On May 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

what kinda football match is this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation / Morocco National Team Was Given A Resounding Heroes Welcome / Brazil Vs Japan - Confederations Cup - (3 - 0) On 15th June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.