Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics (22629 Views)

Energy Investment: Gates, Bezos Invest $1B In 7 New Energy Startups / 5 Basic Facts You Should Know About The Human Body / Some Interesting Facts About Cumulonimbus Clouds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2017
There is one unique characteristic nature of our atmosphere - it's dynamic nature. Predicting it requires deep research, yet not all predictions turn out to be true. The earth's atmosphere is being controlled by an atmospheric term called El-Nino. It helps us to understand the universe.
The beauty of Physics and Meteorology is best enjoyed when you try to understand some things about you. The truth is that God is a Physicist and thus did not create this world in such a confusing model. This earth was made through certain laws, thus understanding those laws will give you a deep understanding of the earth and the universe. Here are 7 new fun facts about the rainfall you do not know. As you read, may you open up your mind to appreciate the universe in its form? Happy reading.

1. It can be raining on one street, and the next would be sunny: This is not an unusual occurrence to so many persons, yet it has left people wondering what could have caused it. In understanding this phenomenon, it is important to remember that the earth's atmosphere is dynamic. Rainfall must start from a place before moving to another place. Thus, it is very possible to start from Street M and move away without falling on an opposite street X. SO do not be confused when next it happens.

2. It is raining every second somewhere on earth surface: There are things that must be occurring every second on earth. Among them include sex (someone must be doing this somewhere every second of the 24 daily hours), childbirth (A child is being delivered in every second of the day. Rainfall is a phenomenon that occurs simultaneously on a daily basis. Thus, as you read this now, just know that it is raining somewhere on earth. This is not unconnected with the shape and movement of the earth.

3. The Antarctica gets lesser rainfall than the desserts: This is true though most of us are not aware of this. Though you might see the Antarctica as a place being covered with mostly ice, the truth remains that it is the place with the lowest amount of rainfall every year. The deserts receive more rainfall than the Antarctica. Witnessing only 6.5 inches of rain every year, this place remains the place with the lowest amount of rainfall.
4. The majority of falling rainfalls do not get to the ground: The physics of the lower atmosphere shows us that the earth’s atmosphere consists of warm air layers. Thus, as the rain comes down, more than 56% of them gets evaporated back to the atmosphere. Yes, just believe it, it is true. Another obstacle to the rain droplets is trees that get this rainfall recycled back to the atmosphere. Thus we receive on the surface of the earth less than half of the volume of rainwater leaving the earth troposphere.
5. Rain doesn’t make the ground wet: This is weird because the earth’s surface receives a few quantity of rainfall, the ground is not being made wet by the falling rain. The majority of the wetness the earth receives is mainly because the surface of the earth is composed of warm air. Warm air is light and does not move up except when a dense cold air forces them to move up.
.6 Not all droplets of rainfall are made of water: Though this might not frequently occur in earth’s atmosphere. But on Venus and other planets that the atmosphere are made of other molecules, then most rain droplets are made of sulfuric acid or methane, though it depends on water saturates the atmosphere of such body. For instance, when the earth experiences acid rain, then falling droplets are not composed of water.
7. To go out of rain dry, then you must do something: If you are on the road when it starts to rain, it is possible to go out of the rain without being much wet. All you need to do is to run, run, and run.

Isn't it interesting and fun to study Physics?

Written By Mr.Physics

Tempakguy, Sirwere, Jonnydon, Seun, Lalasticlala, Pocohantas, Abadsheddy, and the moderators

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by beycity(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2017
Educative!!

2 Likes

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 1:56pm On May 23, 2017
beycity:
Educative!!

mkmyers45, UjSizzle, Lalasticlala (I just killed a huge python under rain), Seun (come and eat a snake soup killed under rain)
We rarely see post from the science section making front page. I think this deserve a front page. Lalasticlala, we must always orient people on science and it's knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 23, 2017
Fascinating....

1 Like

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2017
Lalasticlala, seun
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 8:19am On May 24, 2017
mrphysics:

mkmyers45, UjSizzle, Lalasticlala (I just killed a huge python under rain), Seun (come and eat a snake soup killed under rain)
We rarely see post from the science section making front page. I think this deserve a front page. Lalasticlala, we must always orient people on science and it's knowledge.

Lalasticlala, this is rainy season, this is important. This is needed, if we must grow. We should not allow the use of mysticism to explain science facts. Research is on going and the results of such research should be spread.

seun, I think so.
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 24, 2017
I've experienced no 1...Although it was some streets apart... Very educative... Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by overhypedsteve(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2017
Nice
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by dolphinife: 12:24pm On May 24, 2017
The cloud brings rain...if it's cloudy in my house, and it's not oppposite my house, it means it will rain in my house only....ive seen several times in Ibadan dat it will rain in airport and alakia only and not even reach Gbagi market

Sure I can copy this and publish it in our Airspace Magazine, an official magazine for the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency(NAMA)....

1 Like

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Ekakamba: 12:25pm On May 24, 2017
Educative.

Anytime I hear cheesy rain! I be like.........
tongue

8 Likes

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by DrOluwatobhy(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2017
Rain right nw be like: i'm the one here.
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by sotall(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2017
ok
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by SamAbims(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2017
Cool
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by tayour917i(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
lovely ... but that run and run really got me... Kudos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
good to know...

op,so you mean someone somewhere is knacking ryt now?

1 Like

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by PetrePan(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
this op no get chill atall.. See as u dey call mods anyhow..thing wey be say na copy n paste

2 Likes

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Youngtrice(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
Several times, i've witnessed rain falling on one side of the road. It's quite interesting to experience.
Just about a week ago, it rained heavily on one side of my street while the other side was quite dry.
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by TheVictorious(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2017
Nice article. Really enlightening!
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by ikp120(m): 12:33pm On May 24, 2017
This is geography, not physics bro. Na wa o. sad

2 Likes

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 24, 2017
smiley
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by CharlieMaria(m): 12:33pm On May 24, 2017
Well Read...thanks Op
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Greenbuoy(m): 12:33pm On May 24, 2017
N o n s e n s e

1 Like

Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by kelewu359(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2017
Kudos to this scientist very much educative to weather forecasters, personally, I enjoy every bit of it.
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by miqos02(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2017
cool
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Abadsheddy(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2017
Mr Physics. you are too much. who knows why we play the game together in UNN. very educative jus as your quantum mechanic master piece
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Abadsheddy(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2017
Greenbuoy:
But op, when I was little, my Mama tell me sey the faster I run, the more wet I get
yes off course
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Tunizzy(m): 12:48pm On May 24, 2017
Abadsheddy:

yes off course
How is this possible?
Re: 7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics by Butterworth: 12:48pm On May 24, 2017
mrphysics:
There is one unique characteristic nature of our atmosphere - it's dynamic nature. Predicting it requires deep research, yet not all predictions turn out to be true. The earth's atmosphere is being controlled by an atmospheric term called El-Nino. It helps us to understand the universe.
The beauty of Physics and Meteorology is best enjoyed when you try to understand some things about you. The truth is that God is a Physicist and thus did not create this world in such a confusing model. This earth was made through certain laws, thus understanding those laws will give you a deep understanding of the earth and the universe. Here are 7 new fun facts about the rainfall you do not know. As you read, may you open up your mind to appreciate the universe in its form? Happy reading.

1. It can be raining on one street, and the next would be sunny: This is not an unusual occurrence to so many persons, yet it has left people wondering what could have caused it. In understanding this phenomenon, it is important to remember that the earth's atmosphere is dynamic. Rainfall must start from a place before moving to another place. Thus, it is very possible to start from Street M and move away without falling on an opposite street X. SO do not be confused when next it happens.

2. It is raining every second somewhere on earth surface: There are things that must be occurring every second on earth. Among them include sex (someone must be doing this somewhere every second of the 24 daily hours), childbirth (A child is being delivered in every second of the day. Rainfall is a phenomenon that occurs simultaneously on a daily basis. Thus, as you read this now, just know that it is raining somewhere on earth. This is not unconnected with the shape and movement of the earth.

3. The Antarctica gets lesser rainfall than the desserts: This is true though most of us are not aware of this. Though you might see the Antarctica as a place being covered with mostly ice, the truth remains that it is the place with the lowest amount of rainfall every year. The deserts receive more rainfall than the Antarctica. Witnessing only 6.5 inches of rain every year, this place remains the place with the lowest amount of rainfall.
4. The majority of falling rainfalls do not get to the ground: The physics of the lower atmosphere shows us that the earth’s atmosphere consists of warm air layers. Thus, as the rain comes down, more than 56% of them gets evaporated back to the atmosphere. Yes, just believe it, it is true. Another obstacle to the rain droplets is trees that get this rainfall recycled back to the atmosphere. Thus we receive on the surface of the earth less than half of the volume of rainwater leaving the earth troposphere.
5. Rain doesn’t make the ground wet: This is weird because the earth’s surface receives a few quantity of rainfall, the ground is not being made wet by the falling rain. The majority of the wetness the earth receives is mainly because the surface of the earth is composed of warm air. Warm air is light and does not move up except when a dense cold air forces them to move up.
.6 Not all droplets of rainfall are made of water: Though this might not frequently occur in earth’s atmosphere. But on Venus and other planets that the atmosphere are made of other molecules, then most rain droplets are made of sulfuric acid or methane, though it depends on water saturates the atmosphere of such body. For instance, when the earth experiences acid rain, then falling droplets are not composed of water.
7. To go out of rain dry, then you must do something: If you are on the road when it starts to rain, it is possible to go out of the rain without being much wet. All you need to do is to run, run, and run.

Isn't it interesting and fun to study Physics?

Written By Mr.Physics

Tempakguy, Sirwere, Jonnydon, Seun, Lalasticlala, Pocohantas, Abadsheddy, and the moderators

You listed 7 facts about rain without explaining the causes of that fact.

Stop delving on a subject you know nothing about.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / How To Generate Electricity From Dirty Water Using Microbes / 9 Of The World's Most Bizarre Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.