Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash (16231 Views)

Drunk CRUTECH Student Kills Final year student in an auto crash on campus / Pregnant RCCG Youth Leader Dies In An Auto Crash, Five Months After Her Wedding. / Forerunner Of The Eze Ndigbo Malaysia, Dies In An Auto Crash In Kuala Lumpur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by AutoJoshNG: 3:48pm On May 23, 2017
An auto crash is something no one wants to experience,sometimes its your fault and other times its not.

There are steps to take to help prevent bad occurrences such as injuries and even worse, death .

Highlighted below are some tips to help you prevent injuries and death in case an auto crash occurs .

1.Always Wear Your Seat Belt
This cannot be emphasized enough .

Your seat belt is not just there to prevent LASTMA officials from flagging you down.Its also there for your safety.Wear it !

2.Keep Potential Flying Objects Safe
In the event of a collision or a roll over ,you wouldn’t want sharp objects or any object that could cause harm to you, flying around.

Keep objects you don’t use frequently in the boot.

Keep your pen in the glove box .

3.Drive The Safest Car You Can Afford
A lot of people focus mainly on aesthetics and fuel economy of cars .

Very little care about how safe the vehicle is .

You should check crash tests and safety ratings of cars before buying them and buy the safest one you can afford.

You should also check the safety features the car has before buying.

4.Don’t Over Speed
This has been resounded over and over again ,but some people still feel they are James Bond.Even if the road is totally free,you should limit your speed ,just imagine a car coming into the road unexpectedly ,or an animal crossing the road unexpectedly while you are being fast and furious .

When you are not over speeding the force of impact would be less and injuries minimal.

5.Aim For An Object That Would Do Least Damage
In case you loose control ,probably when avoiding a Danfo Bus .Aim for an object that would do least damage,both to yourself and others .This is why you should always be alert and conscious of your environment.

6.Keep The Kids Strapped In Always
It really pisses me off when I see parents allow their kids play in cars while driving .

Some mothers even breast feed while driving !

Children are lighter than you are and can easily get thrown around when an accident occurs .So keep them buckled up always !.

7.Always Have Emergency Number On Speed Dial
Always have an emergency number on speed dial .If possible activate voice control on your phone ,because you might not be able to move .
You should also have phone numbers of loved ones saved and on speed dial ,with easily identifiable names like “wife” and “mum” etc.

Enjoyed this ?

Have something to add ?

We would like to hear from you !.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-things-can-might-save-life-auto-crash/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Gwsd: 3:53pm On May 23, 2017
Nice article

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Theyveedo(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2017
Abeg na only God de save person
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Benjom(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2017
Those are great advice.

daamazing:
Rip English!

Interestingly, “advice” is an uncountable (mass) noun in English (like “water” or “sand”), and as such it has no plural form:

His advice was very helpful. (correct)
His advices were very helpful. (wrong)

Thus, we speak about the amount of advice, not the “number of advices”:

I didn’t receive much advice. (correct)
I didn’t receive many advices. (wrong)

*Modified... I noticed you've quickly modified your comment. That's quite thoughtful of you.

12 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by daamazing(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2017
Before you do all this one, your car don fly pass 3rd mainland Bridge

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by daamazing(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2017
Benjom:
Those are great advice.

How was your JAMB exam my dear? Hope you didn't 'jam' it. Interestingly, “advice” is an uncountable (mass) noun in English (like “water” or “sand”), and as such it has no plural form:

*Modified... I noticed you've quickly modified your comment. Who preached to you? You think...
I noticed my mistake wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Benjom(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2017
daamazing:
I noticed my mistake wink

I didn't know you're this cool. Let me just retouch what I've written up there so that those having the same uninformed thought can learn. Indeed, we learn everyday.
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by daamazing(m): 5:30pm On May 23, 2017
Benjom:

I didn't know you're this cool. Let me just retouch what I've written up there so that those having the same uninformed thought can learn. Indeed, we learn everyday.
Lol.. I'm not cool oo...
True! We learn everyday.
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Benjom(m): 6:01pm On May 23, 2017
daamazing:
Lol.. I'm not cool oo...
True! We learn everyday.

Ehn?! You mean you're not cool?
Okay, help solve this puzzle for my friend's son who is resident in Canada grin.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by daamazing(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2017
Benjom:

Ehn?! You mean you're not cool?
Okay, help solve this puzzle for my friend's son who is resident in Canada grin.
Mass of the sun cry!
Choi, you're not nice o... grin

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by TINALETC3(f): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
undecided
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Nobody: 7:26am On May 24, 2017
Open please help me with emergency number one can dial in Nigeria if you are not in Lagos.
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Larwin(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2017
cool

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Nobody: 7:37am On May 24, 2017
I do check safety that's why Ford and Chevy trucks are still my favs when it comes to wheels.
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by yommyk222(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2017
seanj04:

Fixed match won today again still not by my power but God who made every win possible. next fixed ll'be 24th by 8:30am, Time is currency.

SCAM!

SCAM!!

SCAM!!!

DON'T FALL VICTIMS

AND RUN FOR DEAR LIFE

GOODLUCK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by NLProblemChild(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2017
RIP to the dead...
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Structuralman: 7:50am On May 24, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

[b]

AUTOJosh: Someone needs your professional advice in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3817511/why-mazda-cars-underrated

Cheers
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by alezzy13: 7:54am On May 24, 2017
5.Aim For An Object That Would Do Least Damage
In case you loose control ,probably when avoiding a Danfo Bus .Aim for an object that would do least damage,both to yourself and others .This is why you should always be alert and conscious of your environment.

Really? how exactly would one do this?
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by generaluthman: 8:08am On May 24, 2017
oh!
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by colbankz(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2017
Benjom:
Those are great advice.

Interestingly, “advice” is an uncountable (mass) noun in English (like “water” or “sand”), and as such it has no plural form:

*Modified... I noticed you've quickly modified your comment. That's quite thoughtful of you.
shae dz guy offend u b4 ni

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by shadrach77: 8:46am On May 24, 2017
Don't read this if you are a child of God. Accident is not our portion IJN cry cry
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by TOMKINS: 8:55am On May 24, 2017
Na true o
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by naturalwaves: 8:58am On May 24, 2017
@AutojoshNG. You need to always proof read your articles before putting them up. The topic says during an auto crash . Some of the tips are things to be done even before an accident. So, some points do not correlate with the heading. Moreover, I was looking forward to seeing more straight on approaches of what to do than what was posted. You need to make good use of the fact that the mods push a lot of your topics to the front page even though that might be due to a certain agreement which is not so important to us anyway.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by lailo: 9:20am On May 24, 2017
these safety measures don't work in some conditions e.g trailer container fall on a car,bridge suddenly collapse,vehicle catch fire,electric pole or tree fall on moving car etc.May God just protect us.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by Houseofglam7(f): 9:32am On May 24, 2017
Nice tips.
Re: 7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash by agitator: 9:45am On May 24, 2017
naturalwaves:
@Autojosh. You need to always proof read your articles before putting them up. The topic says during an auto crash . Some of the tips are things to be done even before an accident. So, some points do not correlate with the heading. Moreover, I was looking forward to seeing more straight on approaches of what to do than what was posted. You need to make good use of the fact that the mods push a lot of your topics to the front page even though that might be due to a certain agreement which is not so important to us anyway.

Me too was surprised ohh. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guide To Iyinzu Waterfall In Ezimo, Enugu State (Pictures) / Terrible Accident Along Bukkuyum-Garin Shinkafi Road Zamfara (Photos) / I Have Never Been To An Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.