Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Power Of Istikhara - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Power Of Istikhara (444 Views)

Istikhara For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power Of Istikhara by ussy09(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2017
The power of ISTIKHARA...you gotta know this!

Istikharah means seeking good through putting one's COMPLETE TRUST in Allaah. A believer should perform istikharah before starting any important undertaking. Jabir Bin 'Abdillah reported that Allaah's Messenger sallaAllaahu 'alaihi wa sallam used to teach his companions to perform istikarah in all of their affairs- as though he was teaching them a surah from the Qur'an! SubhaanAllaah ponder over this, the power of istikhara my beloved sisters!

The prophet (pbuh) told them:
'When one of you is about to do something (important), let him pray two non-obligatory rak'at and then say:
Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, wa asaluka min fadlikal 'azeem. Fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wa laa a'lamu, wa anta 'allaamul ghuyoob. Allaahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hazal amra (and he names his intended affair) huwa khayrun lee fee deenee wa ma'aashee, wa 'aqibati amree wa ajilihi wa ajilihi, faqdurhu li wa yassirhu lee, summa barik lee feeh. Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hazal amara huwa sharrun lee fee deeni wa ma'aashee, wa 'aaqibati amree wa ajilihi wa ajilihi, fasrifhu 'annee wasrifnee 'anhu, waqdur liyal khayra haysu kan, summa raddini bih.

'O Allah, I ask You TO CHOOSE FOR ME with Your knowledge and DECREE FOR ME with Your Might, and I ask You of Your great favour. Indeed, You decree and I do not, and You know and I do not; You surely are the Knower of all that is hidden. O Allah, if You know that this affair (and he names it) is good for me in regard to my religion, my living, and its outcome--both immediate and future, decree it, facilitate it, and then bless it for me. And if You know that this affair is harmful for me in regard to my religion, my living, and its outcome--both immediate and future, divert it from me and divert me from it, and decree for me good wherever it may be, and then make me content by it.'

AND INDEED, NEVER WOULD HE REGRET WHO ASKS THE CREATOR TO CHOOSE FOR HIM, AND CONSULTS WITH THE CREATION, AND ASCERTAINS HIS ACTIONS.

If you made the Istikhaarah prayer properly, its answer will be made clear for you; not in dreams nor in the feelings of others. If what you decided on is good for you, Allah will make it easy of you and if it is not good for you, Allah will take it away from you and destine for you good elsewhere.

SHARE and Spread the knowledge so it will be Sadqa-e-Jaaria for you and for me... in-sha'-Allah.

Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
❝Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action.❞ [Muslim]

2 Likes

Re: Power Of Istikhara by Aminu212: 8:28pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks op

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Allah? / Quiz: Where Is Allah? / Deaths ☠ : An Inevitable Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.