Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help (9166 Views)

MTN Fastlink Bundle Balance Issue / Visafone Wahala, Please Help / How To Use Mtn Fastlink To Browse With Any Sim (unlock Your Modem Now). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
I just bought the recent MTN fastlink MF627 USB modem, I have installed it both on my laptop and desktop and it works perfectly fine. The problem now is that since I learnt it to a friend to use for about 2 days during which I formatted my laptop, I noticed that the modem is no longer able to install in another system giving the screen shots that are shown below. It indicates that there is damaged file or some sort. It still works fine on my desktop and his own laptop without any problem, I have tried it on so many other desktop/laptops with Vista/XP and Win 7, the story is still the same. He says does not know what happened.
I visited MTN website and found out that the only have the software (or whatever ) for E170 USB modem. Please does anyone have the raw installation files for MTN fastlink MF627?. I noticed that this can be extracted from the modem
NL folks I need your help as I may not be able to install it on my laptop. The modem is still in good condition and works very well.

Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kuntagunit(m): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kingbru why not see if u can locate and copy the file from ur desktop, as u said it still works on ur desktop.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kuntagunit(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kingbru why not see if u can locate and copy the file from ur desktop, as u said it still works on ur desktop.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 2:40am On Jan 16, 2010
It still works on the desktop since it was installed there prior to the "damaging" of the raw installation files on the modem. so what I am think I might need now is a "copy" of the intallation files from another another fastlink MF627.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by mikesleek(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2010
That exactly is what you need bro. Look around you, not on site.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
Do you live close to Oshodi, maybe I can help you out?
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by honsule(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2010
@poster.Click on that "installer" folder. u will see setup run it as admin,it shd install
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
honsule:

@poster.Click on that "installer" folder. u will see setup run it as admin,it shd install

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and the story is still the same, still saying file "damaged" I think I need another installer file from another modem, installer file anybody?
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
koseepaaro:

Do you live close to Oshodi, maybe I can help you out?
Thanks, no I don't, do you have another MF627?, maybe I need your installation files grin
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by unclesamtech(m): 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2010
I would have helped you better if you leave in Ibadan,
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2010
That is what I'm using. That is the reason why I asked you whether you live close to Oshodi.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by ateke2(m): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2010
I have been searching for this software
kindly compress n upload it on 4shared.com or any site and drop the link
thanks
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
koseepaaro:

That is what I'm using. That is the reason why I asked you whether you live close to Oshodi.

That means you still have the installation files, would you be kind enough to copy it and upload it somewhere, 4hared.com is ok.
ateke2:

I have been searching for this software
kindly compress n upload it on 4shared.com or any site and drop the link
thanks

Lets hope your dream will soon come true.

@koseepaaro , what do you say about uploading it somewhere?
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2010
I thought that you are living around Oshodi. If so, I will just ask you to come along with both your system and your modem.

But since you said you are not, I don't know what to say again.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
koseepaaro:

I thought that you are living around Oshodi. If so, I will just ask you to come along with both your system and your modem.

But since you said you are not, I don't know what to say again.

I stay in PH, since you are using MF627, maybe you can help me get the installation software and uploading it somewhere.
Can you do that?
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
I don't think so. Because the one I'm using doesn't give me access to the installation files. What I was thinking was that if you reside close to me, we will just use my own modem to install the software on your system and then remove my modem from your system, then you start using the software that we use my own modem to install on your system.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by N9528GB: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
kingbru:

I just bought the recent MTN fastlink MF627 USB modem, I have installed it both on my laptop and desktop and it works perfectly fine. The problem now is that since I learnt it to a friend to use for about 2 days during which I formatted my laptop, I noticed that the modem is no longer able to install in another system giving the screen shots that are shown below. It indicates that there is damaged file or some sort. It still works fine on my desktop and his own laptop without any problem, I have tried it on so many other desktop/laptops with Vista/XP and Win 7, the story is still the same. He says does not know what happened.
I visited MTN website and found out that the only have the software (or whatever ) for E170 USB modem. Please does anyone have the raw installation files for MTN fastlink MF627?. I noticed that this can be extracted from the modem
NL folks I need your help as I may not be able to install it on my laptop. The modem is still in good condition and works very well.

Your problem is simple, since the installation files on the modem are corrupted, then update your modem. If you update your modem new files will be replaced including the missing files you are looking for.

I just felt like doing something new on the net and decided to upgrade my modem firmware, go here for how I update my firmware to the latest firmware update for my modem https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382995.0.html
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Infoseye, thanks for the tip, there are no upgrades yet for ZTE MF627 on MTN site, you can only see upgrade for E170 (Huawei)
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
koseepaaro:

I don't think so. Because the one I'm using doesn't give me access to the installation files. What I was thinking was that if you reside close to me, we will just use my own modem to install the software on your system and then remove my modem from your system, then you start using the software that we use my own modem to install on your system.

To have access to the installation files, insert it into another system where it not intalled, and when the software prompts you to install, don't install, then go to your computer and explore the driver showing mtn fastlink, and and you'll see the files just like the one below.

Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by ateke2(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
wink
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 12:29am On Jan 19, 2010
Since no one would risk their installation files, I had to flash the modem with another operators firmware. The auto installation was also restored. Problem solved!!!

Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by buss: 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
@kingbru pls tell me how u flashed out the firmware. i have d same problem as u
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
buss:

@kingbru pls tell me how u flashed out the firmware. i have d same problem as u
I found out that ZTE does not provide fimware upgrades to individual customers, they only provide it to the the various networks that they customize modem for, so posting it here might not be such a good idea, maybe you should drop your email, we can start from there.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by flyuche(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
kingbru:

I found out that ZTE does not provide fimware upgrades to individual customers, they only provide it to the the various networks that they customize modem for, so posting it here might not be such a good idea, maybe you should drop your email, we can start from there.
there is no risk my guy. help the bro out here.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by ateke2(m): 6:08am On Jan 23, 2010
My mail
ateke2@yahoo.com
wink
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by Tudor6(f): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2010
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by buss: 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2010
@kingbru dis is my e-mail addy: busoye79@yahoo.com
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by buss: 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
@kingbru dis is my e-mail addy: busoye79@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2010
buss:

@kingbru dis is my e-mail addy: busoye79@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Anyway please send the links to my email Tudor.nairaland@yahoo.com. Thanks
flyuche:

there is no risk my guy. help the bro out here.
ateke2:

My mail
ateke2@yahoo.com
wink

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL DAMAGES!!
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by shawzy: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
@kingbru pls kindly help me i have the same problem exactly as ours my mtn fast link is showing the same pls bro kindly help me i need this thing pls bro my mail is adesolan@yahoo.com pls oh
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by kingbru(m): 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
kingbru:

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL DAMAGES!!

done
Re: Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help by shawzy: 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ kingbru abeg bro the link wey u give me no dey go abeg i need this stuff if u fit help me abeg do. my mtn fast link is still in good condition. pls oh cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tried To Compress My HDD, Now It Won't Boot! / Do You Love Your Computer? / ✈✳✅SUPER NEAT Dell XPS 13 Core i7 256GB SSD/4GB RAM (2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.