Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) (2447 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" / Upload A Picture Of Your Homescreen And Let's Guess The Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by rapcy(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2017
Hello guys, welcome to another review session, this though, is entirely based on my presumptions and is not related to any other review.

I was at work as usual, was a less busy day, so I engaged in an online literature. An old acquaintance (customer) walked up to me, while we exchanged pleasantries; an incoming call on his device interrupted us, and like magic, I was
engrossed in the magnificent sight. There and then, I knew I had to get a hold of that device by all means. He granted my wish for old time sakes, hence my first encounter with Tecno CX.
So here we go:

DESIGN

I love the design, I would say the back looks like the Iphone 6 apart from the camera light. Tecno really stepped up the game here. It has a 2.5D glass that covers the 5.5'' IPS full HD display (1920*1080 Resolution). It also has an on screen navigation keys.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-LP_3ikf4e5o/WSTlqOeBjRI/AAAAAAAAHa8/7p8gEDEjtoAuOcvrldpscx9-1KuUcl5bACLcB/s1600/IMG_20170512_100608.jpg[/img]

SOFTWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEM

The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and Hios 2.0, which runs smoothly. I felt the icons would be catchy in circles, rather than the usual square…would give it an edge of a sleek view. The options for customization looked rather limited but nevertheless, the experience is breath taking.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-ZbkMqVOGYBk/WSTOVEiMRiI/AAAAAAAAHac/AG5wNjgRolk1w9YcmORU5sJ6zV_jjnX-gCLcB/s1600/IMG_20170512_100744.jpg[/img]

PERFORMANCE

The CAMON CX is powered by a 1.5 GHz Octa-Core processor, 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM and expandable micro SD up to 128GB. I ran some apps to see how well the device would handle multitasking, it had some lagging when I opened and minimized some ram demanding apps. In my opinion, a 3/4GB ram and a 64GB ROM would have been an explosion of excellence. It’s 2017, a phone as sleek as this should have nothing less than 3/4GB, 64GB RAM and ROM, especially for the apps and media. But notwithstanding the 16/2GB ROM and RAM is still cool.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-KSDZ9QFh8XU/WSTOi1g62yI/AAAAAAAAHag/dgzgJxkPOX4cJKQ_BQoS8sIyZFgMyf43QCLcB/s1600/IMG_20170512_100508.jpg[/img]

CAMERA

Well done Tecno. The camera appears to be a top selling feature of the device. It has a 16MP front camera with dual flash and also a 16MP AF back camera with ring flash. Superb, I took a picture of my Phone without a flash and it was great. The CX has a good picture quality in Low light situation. I wasn’t able to take enough pictures though. I believe when it comes to pictures you won’t be disappointed.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gUDV_wQWW3A/WSTPCCDwvUI/AAAAAAAAHao/JGx3wsCvRz0OX0mXQwYNrz8BTLz3dvgOwCLcB/s1600/images.jpg[/img]

NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY

The CX has GSM, WCDMA and LTE. The Bands are;
GSM: 900/1800
WCDMA: 900/2100
LTE: 3/7/20/28A/40
It also has GPS, WIFI and Bluetooth.

BATTERY

Within my usage time, I noticed the battery dropped from 71 to 69, showing that the battery part of the Tecno CX isn't bad but needs to be looked into. A 5000mAh battery would have been a good option but the CX comes with a 3200 mAh battery. It also has a fast charge capability, charging it from 0 to 100 should take about an Hour and 30 minutes. I would say Tecno should please improve when it comes to the battery aspect, If not for anything, Nigerians would appreciate a lasting battery power because of inconsistent power supply.

SOME ADDED FEATURES

The CX comes with some great features, I wasn't able to go through all though. Some of the features include:
* Data Saver
* Multi Window
* Eye Care (Blulight Defender)

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY

The Tecno CX is affordable and available in gadget stores nationwide. The price tag may differ but on Jumia NG the price is N63900.

SHOULD I BUY THE TECNO CX

The Tecno CX is a good phone, it offers a good camera experience, decent performance and memory, a good and low price tag, I Would recommend a buy.

Check here for more:
http://www.dizboy.com/2017/05/a-moment-with-tecno-cx-my-thoughts-on.html?m=1
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by omoalajah(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2017
This device is just doing me "wanti wanti"
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by henry007(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2017
All there is to know about the Camon CX

Camon CX Unboxing and First Impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5DuZKfWUHE?a

TECNO Camon CX Camera Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT_vgr20KX8

TECNO Camon CX vs Phantom 6: Speed test, Camera & Gaming Comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8f4TVr5NMM?a
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by datyorubaboy: 12:21pm On May 26, 2017
Best camera device around
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by missslimzy(f): 12:25pm On May 26, 2017
This is a device you should get on a very good budget
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 26, 2017
This device has the most appeal, except the ROM that I think could have been 32 or 64, body design, camera, all others are top notch.
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by shiftback: 11:26pm On May 26, 2017
funmyade:
This device has the most appeal, except the ROM that I think could have been 32 or 64, body design, camera, all others are top notch.
You can expand the storage up to 128GB so ROM size shouldn't be an issue.

1 Like

Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by Behankey(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2017
The phone dope no be small. Designed beautifully, and the camera is our of this world too.
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by naruto1979: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Correct if only they made the RAM atleast 3 or 4 GB it will be an excellent phone. But still the specification is outstanding.

" It’s 2017, a phone as sleek as this should have nothing less than 3/4GB, 64GB RAM and ROM, especially for the apps and media. But notwithstanding the 16/2GB ROM and RAM is still cool." well said
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2017
shiftback:

You can expand the storage up to 128GB so ROM size shouldn't be an issue.

Is that so? That's nice then
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by henry007(m): 5:32am On Jun 14, 2017
datyorubaboy:
Best camera device around

true that.
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by finecheek12: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
I just bought canon cx but my sim 2 slot is not working ,plz help?how can I make it recognize my sim?
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by beinstein(m): 5:16am On Jun 17, 2017
finecheek12:
I just bought canon cx but my sim 2 slot is not working ,plz help?how can I make it recognize my sim?
Return it to the store you purchased it.
Re: A moment with the TECNO CX (My Thoughts On The Phone) by henry007(m): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
finecheek12:

Take it to carlcare

(1) (Reply)

How To Double Your Mtn Weekly Free 20mb To 50mb On Mtn Pulse / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Vs Infinix Note 5 Battery Drain Test / Airtel 4G In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.