Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence (28761 Views)

BREAKING – Barcelona Confirms Messi Wants To Leave Camp Nou / Twitter Confirms Messi As The Greatest Of All Time With A Tweet / Jose Mourinho Accepts A 12-Month Prison Sentence For Tax Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Miraxzeebility(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2017
aahhh ojoro
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2017
M
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Rider23: 1:40pm On May 24, 2017
toooroororor
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by daneni1(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2017
nurex01:

Both Messi and his father were given 21 months in jail — sentences likely to be suspended as is common in Spain for first offences for non-violent crimes carrying a sentence of less than two years.

They appealed to the Supreme Court.

Chai, so messi no go follow drag world best this year just because of say him trust his dad to handle his money well.....This remind me of the ''This Life telenovela" where d dad ask the son to jump from the celling promising to catch him, and after jumping without holding him, he warned him never to trust anybody.

Morale of this is: TRUST NO ONE EXCEPT YOUR GOD
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by 0b111: 1:45pm On May 24, 2017
I knew Messi was a yahoo boy right from inception.

He had that fraudster look....

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Shantyken(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2017
HIRAETH:
Crying
sorry
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by crowntech: 1:47pm On May 24, 2017
nurex01:
Spain’s Supreme Court on Wednesday confirmed a 21-month jail sentence and 2.09-million-euro ($2.25 million) fine imposed on Lionel Messi for tax fraud, months after the Barcelona football star lodged an appeal.

The Argentina international and his father Jorge Horacio Messi were in July 2016 found guilty of using companies in Belize, Britain, Switzerland and Uruguay to avoid paying taxes on 4.16 million euros of Messi’s income earned from his image rights from 2007-09.

The income related to Messi’s image rights that was hidden includes endorsement deals with Danone, Adidas, Pepsi-Cola, Procter & Gamble and the Kuwait Food Company.

JOB OPPORTUNITIES
A LEADING REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY IS SEEKING FOR VERSATILE AND GOAL GETTER MARKETERS.

QUALIFICATION: NATIONAL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENTS, BSC, HND IN ANY DISCIPLINE
Applicants who resides in the following areas have an added advantage: Lekki/Ajah, Amuwo Odofin Festac, Magodo, Ikeja, Mowe/Magboro/Opic/Ibafo Lagos/Ibadan express way.
SEND YOUR CV TO
yodrecruitmentsconsult@yahoo.com
also text your full names, address, phone number and Sex to 09095077771
Text message only pls.

Both Messi and his father were given 21 months in jail — sentences likely to be suspended as is common in Spain for first offences for non-violent crimes carrying a sentence of less than two years.

They appealed to the Supreme Court.

While the court confirmed the sentence for Messi on Wednesday, it reduced it to 15 months jail for his father, taking into account that his football star son had paid back the defrauded money to tax authorities.

During last year’s trial, Messi had argued that he trusted his father with his finances and “knew nothing” about how his wealth was managed.

But the Supreme Court argued that he would have known about his obligation to pay taxes on income earned from his image rights.

Messi’s tax fraud trial in June last year took place against a backdrop of simmering voter anger over steep cuts to health and social spending, as the government struggles to bring Spain’s public deficit down.

afp

http://punchng.com/supreme-court-confirms-messi-fraud-sentence/
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by badbreathcure101: 1:48pm On May 24, 2017
If na Nigeria ppl will accuse c Ronaldo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 24, 2017
Messi the fraud, with him 3 to 4 fake Ballon d' Ors!

Best ever MY ASS!

Mscheeeeeew...

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Shantyken(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2017
ify0029:

call or whatsapp the number in the picture below if interested thanks
u d make that kind cash u still want sell game guy nawa for u

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Mesutlewy(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2017
thats why Ronaldo is always the best

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Ezptymsonyx1: 1:58pm On May 24, 2017
this one pass me o
as u dey dribble for pitch, u tink say u fih dribble court join..em giv baba close marking.
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 24, 2017
Mesutlewy:
How?

Ronaldo dodged 150million in taxes. grin
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by okonja(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Ezptymsonyx1: 2:10pm On May 24, 2017
neutrotoba:
We're sending Scofield after you man..
Or rather, Kaniel Outis
yu wan gree d guy rest?
tell dem fast meh dm add messi.. bfr em release anoda episode tomorrow
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 24, 2017
phransix2:
Even if he's sent to death by hanging doesn't change the fact he's still the best player ever...

How income. E the best player ever?with that his in appealing body..the guy is not even relatable
How e come be?? I dey wait for you...best foot ball criminal ever .mscheew I hope it affects his image and sponsors drop am

Go CR7!!! The guy star bad gan! Commercial success,professional success,good looks,height,photogenic ...chain

Idey wait ooo ..messi my foot .

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 24, 2017
bykebyke:

How?

Ronaldo dodged 150million in taxes. grin

Dem catch am ? Mscheeew bad belle?
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 24, 2017
Mesutlewy:

CR7.…..that guy too much .
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

Dem catch am ? Mscheeew bad belle?
If them no catch am how I take know? grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 24, 2017
JohnXcel:
Messi the fraud, with him 3 to 4 fake Ballon d' Ors!

Best ever MY ASS!

Mscheeeeeew...

No mind am .
I come dey wonder how people go dey argue say messi na da best

Mscheeeeeeewww

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by phransix2: 2:24pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

How income. E the best player ever?with that his in appealing body..the guy is not even relatable
How e come be?? I dey wait for you...best foot ball criminal ever .mscheew I hope it affects his image and sponsors drop am

Go CR7!!! The guy star bad gan! Commercial success,professional success,good looks,height,photogenic ...chain is

Idey wait ooo ..messi my foot .

Deep within u, u know the truth...
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 24, 2017
time to leave spain.
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=bykebyke post=56832676]
If them no catch am how I take know? grin grin[/quote

Its not as bad as messi ..go do your research ...kill joy
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

Its not as bad as messi ..go do your research ...kill joy
150million>4million.

Olodo. grin
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 24, 2017
phransix2:

Deep within u, u know the truth...

I know what !!? There was never a time even for night made did I ever envisage that hen hair as No.1
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 24, 2017
bykebyke:

150million>4million.

Olodo. grin

Bad belle no be The figure ..am reffering to the allegations,facts...go and check first confirm

Ole !_so tey supreme court put mouth with that im hair like hen
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

Bad belle no be The figure ..am reffering to the allegations,facts...go and check first confirm

Ole !_so tey supreme court put mouth with that im hair like hen
Supreme Court ban Spanish Newspapers and Tv Stations from talking about Ronaldo own. grin

Because if them enter Ronaldo own,en go spend at least 26years in prison.

Plus the fact say en get two rape allegations over en head,en go definitely do time. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by phransix2: 2:37pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

I know what !!? There was never a time even for night made did I ever envisage that hen hair as No.1

I know ur type
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2017
IYANGBALI:
Ronaldo have woned
Sorry bro cry embarassed
Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by badsaint(m): 2:41pm On May 24, 2017
IYANGBALI:
Ronaldo have woned
really bro? woned?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 24, 2017
Chayeee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kobe Bryant's Death: Investigators Seek Answers To Chopper Crash. / Akin Famewo Signs New Deal With Norwich / Lady Wants To Give Birth To A "Neymar". Gives Step By Step Description

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.