Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

7 Healthy Eating Tips For Ramadan - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Healthy Eating Tips For Ramadan (579 Views)

Man Found Maggot Inside The Fried Fish He Bought For Ramadan Fast / 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods / 7 Healthy Foods For A Growing Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Healthy Eating Tips For Ramadan by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 24, 2017
Ramadan Kareem in advance to all Muslims! may the almighty accept your act of Ibadah. Ramadan brings such amazing memories for me. From when I made the decision to start fasting when I was 9 ( I only lasted 2 days. lol), to fasting in boarding school where they actually kept our lunch from the previous day to feed us for Suhoor
During the 2 years I spent at home after highschool, I made Suhoor meals for the entire house. As soon as daddy was fed, I would run up to watch all the early morning shows. I honestly cant remember what the shows were called now but most of the Major channels in Lagos had a version; they would ask questions and people who called in with the right answer would win so much stuff. I used to be so envious of those who actually got through.

Read more tips of ramadan here ->> http://www.naijahops.com/2017/05/7-healthy-eating-tips-for-ramadan.html
You see the irony, envy is a very anti ramadan sentiment
One major thing I always hoped to achieve with fasting was weight loss.. I know hen… very bad. Secretly though, I always thought since I would not be eating as much then weight loss was inevitable. Iro patata.. every Ramadan was the same, I never did lose any weight.
I didn’t understand why I wasn’t losing any weight during Ramadan until I started my weightloss and Nutrition certification program in writing my weigtloss cookbook Lose it Nigerian.

I was taught that metabolism played a big role in weight loss. Fasting all day dramatically slows your metabolism which means your Basal Metabolic Rate (i.e resting calorie burn ) is reduced. What this means is that your body burns less calories that it typically would.
This means fasting for 12-20 hours/day does not automatically equate weight loss. If you are trying to be generally healthy or lose weight, here are my top 7 useful healthy tips: read more here-> http://www.naijahops.com/2017/05/7-healthy-eating-tips-for-ramadan.html

(1) (Reply)

. / Plantain Supplier Needed, Urgently! / How To Shop For Food On A Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.