Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,966 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

A Comrade's Opinion On The Air Force Attack In UNIOSUN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Comrade's Opinion On The Air Force Attack In UNIOSUN (372 Views)

Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / Nigerians, Stop Starting A Sentence With 'Am' Or 'i' - Comrade Nnadi Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Comrade's Opinion On The Air Force Attack In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 24, 2017
Air force attack on UNIOSUN community: My take
I received the news of brutal attacks on students of the Osun State University, Ipetu Ijesha campus by some men of the Nigeria Air force late yesterday and had since been wondering what could have triggered such a display of lunacy and gross violation of human right.

While I am still in the dark about the remote cause of the incident, I am not sorry to say that the reported free use of weapons by the armed men against the unarmed students and members of staff of UNIOSUN was unwise and a special kind of special stupidity. ‎

Also, invading the campus in pursuit of‎ internet fraudsters is debatable but leaving no fewer than 11 students and two staff injured is totally absurd and unreasonable, considering the fact that the battered members of staff and a number of the students had no connection with internet crime.
Therefore, the attack should be critically examined and challenged using all means within the armpit of the law. In doing this, rather than grounding all academic activities across the campuses of the university, in solidarity, UNIOSUN students should speak out loud enough to be heard and stand tall to be seen against the unjust act using the media.
More so, the Osun State House of Assembly and the ‎state government should be involved. Because one of the most powerful philosophies of the state governor, Mr. Raul Aregbesola is: power is responsibility and he also takes pride in his commitment to the welfare of Osun people. So, now that the welfare of the UNIOSUN community is at stake, I implore concerned students to be civil in addressing the issue at hand and let's hope Aregbesola will put his words to action and look into the matter in earnest.

‎Yours in struggle
- Comrade Afolabi Ismail - Marble
Re: A Comrade's Opinion On The Air Force Attack In UNIOSUN by Afonjashapmouth: 9:25pm On May 24, 2017
Naija and back stage English.. I just weak. Na opinion we won chop or crawling out behind ur desk with action

(1) (Reply)

Exam Malpractice And Jamb’s Futile Attempt To Tarnish Igbo Image / Nysc Ready To Provide Technical Assistance To Sierra Leone On Youth Service – Dg / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.