Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? (1235 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by mikealz: 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
after watching the biafra war documentary, i think ibo people should have their own country. as an ibo man i am proud and happy of being an ibo. i think if ibo people have their own country, there will not be any corruption, starvation, and oil stealing people, lol what do you guys think?
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by dani1luv: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
Moved to Culture Section
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2010
There is no law that says a group of people should not have their own country, but there's more to getting a country than just walking out on another country. Often times, getting a country comes hand in hand with war, and I don't think ndi Igbo are generally in the mood for war. It seems to me that most Igbo would rather settle with the present state of things in Nigeria, than go to war for their own country. That's not to say that ndi Igbo don't want their own country. From the much I gather, there's a subtle yearning for the manifestation of a soverign Igbo state (even among the youth in diaspora), but as it would seem, ndi Igbo are more in the mood for diplomacy than war. If there is indeed a diplomatic way to get a country, I have little to no doubt in my heart that the general Igbo populace would opt to take such a path.
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by Ibroskee(m): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
I think you dont know where you stand in this land. I f that should happen you will be the first to suffer it. No think am cos e no go work kpata kpata
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

There is no law that says a group of people should not have their own country, but there's more to getting a country than just walking out on another country. Often times, getting a country comes hand in hand with war, and I don't think ndi Igbo are generally in the mood for war. It seems to me that most Igbo would rather settle with the present state of things in Nigeria, than go to war for their own country. That's not to say that ndi Igbo don't want their own country. From the much I gather, there's a subtle yearning for the manifestation of a soverign Igbo state (even among the youth in diaspora), but as it would seem, ndi Igbo are more in the mood for diplomacy than war. If there is indeed a diplomatic way to get a country, I have little to no doubt in my heart that the general Igbo populace would opt to take such a path.

This right here should be the reply for anymore 'Biafra' threads.
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by poosyfaka(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2010
give igbos their own country, they will kill themselves.
the same applies with others tribes too.
there is no need for another country; there is a need for an igbo leader to speak up and revolutionize the nation
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by ChinenyeN(m): 6:27am On Jan 16, 2010
You have no way of knowing for sure if the Igbo will indeed kill themselves in a sovereign state of their own. Same applies to other groups. There is no law that states that the various groups are incapable of sovereignty.
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2010
mikealz:

after watching the biafra war documentary, i think ibo people should have their own country. as an ibo man i am proud and happy of being an ibo. i think if ibo people have their own country, there will not be any corruption, starvation, and oil stealing people, lol what do you guys think?

Please my brother here did you watch the documentary ? I've watched all the once on Youtube. Can you post a link to where you got this documentary.
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by mamagee3(f): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
Igbos should have their own country
Instead of us sharing the same country with thieves
we call leaders
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by mikealz: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2010
lol. i agree with you, igbo for life, lol
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by abadaba(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
IGBO and not ibo.
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by ezeagu(m): 12:25am On Jan 23, 2010
Let's deal with teaching the kids basic 'hello' in Igbo first. . . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Should Igbo People Have Their Own Country? by sofadj(m): 4:03am On Jan 23, 2010
yes! nigeria shuld just divide, dt will put an end to all these tribalism here and there!

(1) (Reply)

Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? / A Day With An Mbaise Herbalist / Funny Proverbs With Great Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.