Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Is This Normal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is This Normal? (616 Views)

I Saw A Warm Moving Around In My Eyeball, Is This Normal? (photo) / Is This Normal At My Age? / My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Normal? by IBNgemini: 10:22pm On May 25, 2017
Plz to the Doctors in the house

I swallowed something very hot(spoon of rice), which immediately hurt my chest,the burn was so intense,to a point that tears was rolling down my cheeks...Ever since then I've been experiencing pain in the lower part of my chest whenever I try to swallow or belch..I also feel pain while drinking... It all started on Monday (22nd may), initially I thought it's a heartburn that will last a day or so,but it has been four days now and the pain isn't showing any sign of going soon..
I'm breathing fine,no sign of headache whatsoever,only feel pain whenever something has to through my oesophagus...

Plz is this normal or i should go see a doctor?
Re: Is This Normal? by lomaxx: 12:19am On May 26, 2017
It's definitely not normal. So go see a doctor.
Re: Is This Normal? by FitnessDoctor: 7:10am On May 26, 2017
i think it is something that would go away on its own but simply go ame explain yourself to a chemist. the damage might not be too severe and some drugs will help you heal quickly
Re: Is This Normal? by IBNgemini: 8:44am On May 26, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
i think it is something that would go away on its own but simply go ame explain yourself to a chemist. the damage might not be too severe and some drugs will help you heal quickly

Thanks fitness doctor
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 26, 2017
IBNgemini, its not normal. You experienced erosive oesophagitis which has led to a sore in ur oesophagus. More like a wound.
Usually, it could heal within a day or two but in a case of a large sore as urs, it could take longer. The healing would be much slower as you eat, esp solid grainy foods as they would tend to further irritate the sore. You should also avoid hot foods and drinks for now as these would delay healing. Take more of cold drinks, ice cream maybe, and vit c
Re: Is This Normal? by IBNgemini: 6:48pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:
IBNgemini, its not normal. You experienced erosive oesophagitis which has led to a sore in ur oesophagus. More like a wound.
Usually, it could heal within a day or two but in a case of a large sore as urs, it could take longer. The healing would be much slower as you eat, esp solid grainy foods as they would tend to further irritate the sore. You should also avoid hot foods and drinks for now as these would delay healing. Take more of cold drinks, ice cream maybe, and vit c

Thanks a bunch...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LUTH CMD Orders Heavily Armed Security Men Against Resident Doctors / Health Benefits Of Spinach / Painful Periods With Blood Clots: Painful Menstruation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.