Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Musings With Hadassah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Musings With Hadassah (693 Views)

My Musings On Dan Brownz Origin / Musings With Hadassah: What Is The Crime Of The Short Man? / Musings With Hadassah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musings With Hadassah by IamHadasah(f): 12:24pm On May 26, 2017
Over time, in this part of the world,it has been generally accepted that the man and only the man should fend for the need(mainly financial) of the woman and our men have been so programmed that even when they don't clearly have, they would still refuse to accept help from a female. Should this actually be the case? Let's take a deep look at it.

Last week,I needed to see a movie at the cinema and I didn't want to go alone. So I arm twisted one of my male friends to go with me and I insisted on footing the bill. He adamantly refused. I was just looking at him like "what's wrong with this one now?" And I tried to reason with him that I was the one who asked him out and as such I should be able to foot the bill. He still refused and I gave up but he later came around and we saw the movie together. I footed the bill and it didn't make him less of the man he is.

Back then in school, whenever I mentioned in the hearing of some girls that I was broke, the next question they would ask would be "don't you have a boyfriend?" I was always lost because I didn't understand the idea that dating a guy was supposed to be a girl's source of livelihood. These girls would ask their boyfriends for something as simple as sanitary pads! I used to ask them if they didn't tell their parents they gained admission into the university or something. These same girls would be the ones shouting all over the place chanting " what a man can do, a woman can do better."
You see, I appreciate a lot of our ideals in Africa and this one especially has been able to help groom financially responsible men but what about our women? Do they have to depend on the men for everything financially? Do they have to be so financially irresponsible?

Dear Ladies,it's not every time you ask the men in your lives (father,brother,male cousins,friends,boyfriend, fiancé or even husband) for something. Sometimes,go out of your way to get them something nice you probably saw at a store. Take them out and foot the bill. Surprise them by buying that particular footwear or perfume they won't stop talking about, it won't kill you. After all, we don't know who made the rule that the man has to be the only one footing the bills. If we start with little things like this, there would no longer be any need for the feminist campaign. Men and women will begin to understand that they are to work together to make the world a better place and no gender would think too highly of itself compared to the other. Everyone would start feeling a sense of responsibility.

P.S. I'm not a feminist o....I'm just a young lady that believes women should also be financially responsible in any kind of relationship.

Iam_Hadassah
Re: Musings With Hadassah by Oluwamarc(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2017
@Lalasticlala front page pls
Re: Musings With Hadassah by llaykorn: 10:40pm On May 26, 2017
Yes, IamHadassah. I do not understand why some undergraduate ladies who are in relationships with undergrduate men believe that the men should be responsible for their upkeep. God, you're both in school together! He should collect both his share and your share from his parents? Are you an orphan?

Then, what men have you seen refusing help from females even when they are in need? Come and help me here first. grin
Re: Musings With Hadassah by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 27, 2017
IamHadasah:
Over time, in this part of the world,it has been generally accepted that the man and only the man should fend for the need(mainly financial) of the woman and our men have been so programmed that even when they don't clearly have, they would still refuse to accept help from a female. Should this actually be the case? Let's take a deep look at it.

Last week,I needed to see a movie at the cinema and I didn't want to go alone. So I arm twisted one of my male friends to go with me and I insisted on footing the bill. He adamantly refused. I was just looking at him like "what's wrong with this one now?" And I tried to reason with him that I was the one who asked him out and as such I should be able to foot the bill. He still refused and I gave up but he later came around and we saw the movie together. I footed the bill and it didn't make him less of the man he is.

Back then in school, whenever I mentioned in the hearing of some girls that I was broke, the next question they would ask would be "don't you have a boyfriend?" I was always lost because I didn't understand the idea that dating a guy was supposed to be a girl's source of livelihood. These girls would ask their boyfriends for something as simple as sanitary pads! I used to ask them if they didn't tell their parents they gained admission into the university or something. These same girls would be the ones shouting all over the place chanting " what a man can do, a woman can do better."
You see, I appreciate a lot of our ideals in Africa and this one especially has been able to help groom financially responsible men but what about our women? Do they have to depend on the men for everything financially? Do they have to be so financially irresponsible?

Dear Ladies,it's not every time you ask the men in your lives (father,brother,male cousins,friends,boyfriend, fiancé or even husband) for something. Sometimes,go out of your way to get them something nice you probably saw at a store. Take them out and foot the bill. Surprise them by buying that particular footwear or perfume they won't stop talking about, it won't kill you. After all, we don't know who made the rule that the man has to be the only one footing the bills. If we start with little things like this, there would no longer be any need for the feminist campaign. Men and women will begin to understand that they are to work together to make the world a better place and no gender would think too highly of itself compared to the other. Everyone would start feeling a sense of responsibility.

P.S. I'm not a feminist o....I'm just a young lady that believes women should also be financially responsible in any kind of relationship.

Iam_Hadassah

u are A WIFE MATERIAL...just finish skul fast make I marry u fast.... fast as e dy hot
Re: Musings With Hadassah by IamHadasah(f): 4:36pm On May 28, 2017
llaykorn:
Yes, IamHadassah. I do not understand why some undergraduate ladies who are in relationships with undergrduate men believe that the men should be responsible for their upkeep. God, you're both in school together! He should collect both his share and your share from his parents? Are you an orphan?

Then, what men have you seen refusing help from females even when they are in need? Come and help me here first. grin

That school thing is annoying ehn. I usually ask them if they don't have parents that sent them to school. And on helping you ehn....we have to do joint venture. We should help ourselves
Re: Musings With Hadassah by IamHadasah(f): 4:37pm On May 28, 2017
Mylestone:

u are A WIFE MATERIAL...just finish skul fast make I marry u fast.... fast as e dy hot

Mylestone, I've graduated oh. Let's quickly do the marriage rites. as e dy hot na
Re: Musings With Hadassah by Nobody: 6:20am On May 29, 2017
IamHadasah:

Mylestone, I've graduated oh. Let's quickly do the marriage rites. as e dy hot na

Hadassah jos DM me ya watsapp no,I.g username let's kwontinue our ROMANCE FROM Y
THERE grin
Re: Musings With Hadassah by IamHadasah(f): 7:28pm On May 29, 2017
Mylestone:

Hadassah jos DM me ya watsapp no,I.g username let's kwontinue our ROMANCE FROM Y
THERE grin

Oya follow me on IG first. the name is Iam_hadasah. we'll move from there
Re: Musings With Hadassah by Nobody: 9:18am On May 30, 2017
IamHadasah:

Oya follow me on IG first. the name is Iam_hadasah. we'll move from there

grin...I wanna follow u 4 REALYF..grin

GO N DM ME JARE..we go b d next BANKY N ADESUWA grin

(1) (Reply)

Danger Of Blood Covenant Episode 1 / The Joy Of Soldierhood, By Richie / The Magic Within

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.