Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,683 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? (813 Views)

How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation / Question: "Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John / Apostle John Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministry Prophecy For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2017
Why did Jesus entrust Mary to the apostle John instead of to His brothers? If Mary had other children, shouldn't they have been the ones to take care of her?
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 26, 2017
Bible verse of were He did so first before I comment
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Bible verse of were He did so first before I comment

Read John 19:26–27
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Read John 19:26–27

Probably because the other children were already part of the gospel movement, and they did things in one accord and as one body. Remember ananias and sapphira?So therefore it only proper for christ to hand over His mother to the leaders of the church like everyone else who was in their care

So in my opinion I think christ was respecting authority.
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by Scholar8200(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Why did Jesus entrust Mary to the apostle John instead of to His brothers? If Mary had other children, shouldn't they have been the ones to take care of her?

1. There was a time Jesus told the multitude (pointing to the disciples and followers) that His brothers and mother were those that heard the Word and kept it hence He simply acted based on this conviction! (for Jesus, though blood is thicker than water; faith is thicker than them both.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On May 31, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Probably because the other children were already part of the gospel movement, and they did things in one accord and as one body. Remember ananias and sapphira?So therefore it only proper for christ to hand over His mother to the leaders of the church like everyone else who was in their care

So in my opinion I think christ was respecting authority.

Are you sure that Jesus' siblings were part of the gospel movement at that stage? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On May 31, 2017
Scholar8200:

1. There was a time Jesus told the multitude (pointing to the disciples and followers) that His brothers and mother were those that heard the Word and kept it hence He simply acted based on this conviction! (for Jesus, though blood is thicker than water; faith is thicker than them both.)

That's a good point. wink
Re: Why Did Jesus Entrust Mary To The Apostle John Instead Of To His Brothers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28am On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Let's find out the Bible answer from the suggested link.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Mary-John.html

(1) (Reply)

10 Things That Can Distract Us From God. / To Christians:let's Start Practicalizing Christisnity And Stop Playing Church / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.