Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel (1133 Views)

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / 8 Electric Cars That Sells Below N14 Million (PHOTOS) / Fact Or Myth: Can Cellphone Cause Explosion At A Filling Station? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by TRYGO(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2017
INTRODUCTION
Most motorists must have had terrible encounters with some filling stations. Such encounters range from being ripped off by petrol attendants while filling up your tank, or you get to incur some unplanned expenses in repairs as a result of poor fuel quality in some of those filing stations.

So, HOW DO YOU IDENTITY A FILLING STATION WITH A POTENTIAL THREAT TO YOUR "POCKET"?

Here are some points I have gathered from my experience.
Feel freed to add your kind of experience.
*Please, it should be limited to FUEL QUALITY, and not price hikes.

1. Low patronage.
These days, you've got filling stations springing out daily to service a particular neighborhood.
Because of the stiff competitions here and there right now, some filling stations aren't able to. compete.

WHEN YOU DON'T SEE LOTS OF MOTORISTS COMING THERE TO BUY FUEL, THAT'S A FLASHPOINT FOR YOU. That's to tell you, is either the quality of fuel being sold isn't up to standard(maybe has being adulterated and/or contaminated, causing engine wahala).

People would patronise such stations, when they know they'd derive maximum benefits(for their car, and perhaps, their pockets too).

2. Complaints from motorists.
A direct source of such complaints would come from commercial drivers more often.
You could incidentally here an angry commercial driver, whose bitter about the economic loss his suffering as a result of breakdown of his car from buying bad fuel. When you get wind of such info, ask ?s. Such as, where was the fuel purchase, and what was the name of the station.

3. Beware of filling stations acting as a franchise.
Some of these filling stations do not adhere to the strick international standards of the mother company abroad. What they seem to be interested is to make maximum profit at the expense of motorists.

So, next time you go filling your tank at a major brand, be sure it's a representative of the foreign entity its representing.

CONCLUSION
With the proliferation of filling stations here and there, it has become imperative to ensure that you patronise stations where you'd have better service delivery, and not where, because of time constraints, decide to buy poor quality fuel, that in the long run would create a deep hole in your pocket(s).
Being vigilante and observant is the key.

PS. Feel free to drop your flashpoints too.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
08066643632(WhatsApp/chat)

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by alatbaba1(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2017
i never buy car ...
Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by TRYGO(m): 9:06pm On May 26, 2017
@alatbaba1. You'd soon get one, if you wanna to.
Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by Nobody: 2:09am On May 27, 2017
Whizpete:
If I want to refuel and I encounter a very crowded filling station, I just drive pass no time to waste...

I can't comman queue when I have other things to do!

As a guide, I only buy from top marketers like Total, Forte, NNPC etc...

If you're crowded, I'm off, unless if it's during the period of scarcity!
Lol! Kinda true though.

I can't believe I queued for almost an hour at a filling station, I was just counting all the cars. When it got to my turn and I bought N1000 fuel, I realised say I jonze well well.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by Kashif(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2017
If I am in a strange town and need to refuel, I look for a fuel station where commercial bus drivers and okada are buying from. Have never been wrong.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by TRYGO(m): 7:25am On May 27, 2017
@kashif. That's what I'm saying. Commercial drivers and Okada riders are some of the indicators one could use, if you want to know if a filling station's fuel is of: (1) good quality, and (2), no sharp practices at the pump.

@paperlace. If you bought that fuel and you thought you were ripped off by the attendant, check out how much you'd loose if that car breaks down when you use a fuel from...

@whizpete. Exactly. If its heavily crowded, and you can't wait, you got to go!

As regards the nnpc stuff, hope you'd realised that there are filling stations operate under nnpcs franchise? To you think those ones wouldn't want yo make maximum profit? Standards might not be followed.

But if you can actually access known brands as you've mentioned, that would help.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

PS: Please I'm not suggesting anyone goes join a queue to buy fuel, if you've got other alternatives.

Just remember, the time one doesn't have to be in a queue and buy fuel from a reputation station, would be the time eventually that would be spent in trying fix any fuel related issues.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by Nobody: 8:01am On May 27, 2017
Whizpete:

Lmao... 1k fuel?? Even that 1hr you spent there is worth more than the 1k! grin grin

Pele..
Cars done block me for front and back na _had to wait it out.

What even happened to Whiz.peter?

@Trygo I wasn't ripped off, the problem was all the time I spent there for 1k fuel. grin
Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by daamazing(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2017
PaperLace:

Cars done block me for front and back na _had to wait it out.

What even happened to Whiz.peter?

mods gave him a new gift. Wrapped in a Bentley's boot.

BAN

Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by hakimi1974(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2017
Kashif:
If I am in a strange town and need to refuel, I look for a fuel station where commercial bus drivers and okada are buying from. Have never been wrong.
correct guy.
Re: How To Identify A Filling Station That Sells Poor Quality Fuel by hakimi1974(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2017
Kashif:

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Ankara School Bags 4 Sale / Nissan Quest 2004 For Sale 650k (negotiable) / I Need Clean And Best Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.