Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. (2363 Views)

Man Utd Top Spending Chart With £148m In 2019 Summer Transfer / January Transfer Window News Rumours LIVE: Chelsea And Tottenham Battle For €45m / Premier League Transfer Window: Club-by-club Guide To All The 2017 Summer Moves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 26, 2017
Now that the 2016/2017 season has drawn to a close , We can expect a flurry of activities in the transfer market as teams look to recruit new players to strengthen their squads ahead of the new season.

In England, it's going to be a relatively busy window for both Manchester clubs with Man United needing fresh faces and Man City showing intent already with the release of 4 players and the addition of ace playmaker Bernando Silva to their ranks.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 26, 2017
Done deal: Manchester City confirm Bernardo Silva transfer

Manchester City have confirmed the transfer of Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva as their first signing of the summer.

The Portugal international joins on the back of a superb season with the Ligue 1 champions, having also attracted interest from Manchester United with a string of exciting displays for Leonardo Jardim’s side.

Silva, 22, contributed 10 goals and 10 assists overall during a hugely successful season for Monaco, helping to knock City out of the Champions League as they made it to the semi-finals.

City announced the signing this evening after a string of departures yesterday saw big names like Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Jesus Navas and Willy Caballero follow Pablo Zabaleta out of the Etihad Stadium exit door.

The former Benfica man can join the likes of Leroy Sane and Kevin De Bruyne in an exciting City attack next season, and is capable of filling in a number of roles, be it out wide or centrally.

Upon joining the club, Silva said: ‘It feels great. To be honest I’m now at one of the best teams in the world. To be part of this club and to have this opportunity is great.

Source: Metro

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 26, 2017
Manchester United open talks to sign Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain

Manchester United have opened talks to sign Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports.

Sport Witness claim that landing Willian from Chelsea is Jose Mourinho’s preferred option, but due to the difficulty of the transfer, the United boss is also lining up his fellow Brazil international as an alternative.

Only initial negotiations have begun, but Mourinho is keen to have the majority of his key signings in place by the time United’s pre-season starts, and improving his right flank is one area that has been targeted.

Moura has been a regular under Unai Emery this season and finished the campaign with 12 goals and five assists in 37 Ligue 1 appearances.

Source: Metro

Is there no player Man United hasn't been linked with?

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 26, 2017
Antonio Conte makes decision between Romelu Lukaku and Alvaro Morata transfer

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has decided to make Romelu Lukaku his priority target over Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata, according to reports in Spain.

Marca claim that the Premier League champions have opted to sign the Everton striker due to his Premier League experience, plus the Belgian would boost their homegrown quota.

Lukaku, who has two years remaining on his contract with Everton, has just finished another impressive campaign in the Premier League, scoring 25 goals in 36 appearances.

And now the Italian’s decision to prioritise Lukaku has put Manchester United in the driving seat to sign Morata.

Source : Metro

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 26, 2017
OPINION POLL:
Chelsea fans, who would you rather have?

Alvaro Morata or Romelu Lukaku

Like for Morata, share for Lukaku

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by chibuikesilver0: 5:39am On May 27, 2017
Lukaku is bera
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:07am On May 27, 2017
Man City lead Mendy race

Manchester City are currently the frontrunners to sign Benjamin Mendy, RMC reports.
After wrapping up the signing of Bernardo Silva from the Ligue 1 side, City could offer €45 million for left-back Mendy, but they face competition from Barcelona, who are said to be in talks with the player.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:09am On May 27, 2017
James to snub Inter

James Rodriguez wants to leave Real Madrid for Manchester United instead of Inter, but the two sides are unable to reach an agreement on a fee,
Diariogol reports.
Inter are willing to pay the €60 million necessary to sign him but United will not go higher than €40m. The report claims James will not budge on his preferred destination and is willing to stay at Madrid for another year if a move to Old Trafford does not materialise.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 27, 2017
Juventus refused to insert release clause into Paul Pogba’s contract before Manchester United return

Manchester United could have re-signed Paul Pogba for £52 million had Juventus not been so cunning, according to club chief executive Giuseppe Marotta.

Juventus sold Pogba back to United for a world record fee of £89 million last summer after the midfielder transformed into one of the best players in the world in Turin.

The transfer represented a massive loss for United on a player they sold for less than £1 million and Marotta revealed the world record re-sale was three years in the making.

‘The value of a player is determined when you sell him,’ he told Tuttosport.

‘Had we put a clause in Pogba‘s contract three years before we sold him, £52 million would have been a good number.

‘But we now sold him for £96 million.

‘Buyout clauses are madness. I will never insert one in a player’s contract.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:20am On May 27, 2017
Arsenal star Hector Bellerin dismisses transfer links to Barcelona

Hector Bellerin has rubbished reports linking him with a transfer to Barcelona.

The Arsenal star has often been linked with a return to Barcelona where he spent a portion of his youth days.

Bellerin left the Barcelona academy to join Arsenal in 2011 and climbed through their ranks to become their first-choice right-back.

The defender went through a brief spell out of the side in recent weeks, but is now back in the starting eleven and said he has no intention of leaving Arsenal.

‘I signed my contract for a reason,’ Bellerin told the Daily Mail.
‘I signed it because I wanted to be here. I wouldn’t have done it otherwise.
‘Arsenal is the club that gave me the chance to be a professional and since the first time I met with the boss he’s always said if I progressed the right way I could be an Arsenal player for a long time.
‘I’ve been here nearly six years and I love London. I’m still discovering the city.’

Bellerin signed a long-term deal in November which ties him to the club until 2022.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 27, 2017
Marco Silva appointed Watford coach

The 39-year-old has secured at least one more season in the Premier League after accepting a deal to replace Walter Mazzarri at the Hornets

Marco Silva has been appointed as Watford head coach on a two-year deal, the Premier League club have announced.

The 39-year-old stepped down as Hull City boss following the club's relegation and has opted to stay in England.

The former Sporting CP head coach had been linked with the vacant post at Crystal Palace and with Porto back in his native Portugal.

Watford chairman and CEO Scott Duxbury told the club's official website: "Marco was one of the most sought-after head coaches in the Premier League.

"His pedigree and promise speaks for itself with his achievements in top divisions elsewhere across Europe, as well as his work at Hull City last season.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 27, 2017
Liverpool ready to match Manchester City’s £39 million transfer offer for Benjamin Mendy

Liverpool will battle both Manchester clubs for Monaco star Benjamin Mendy, according to reports in France.

Manchester City are aiming to follow up the £43 million capture of Bernardo Silva from Monaco with another raid of the Ligue 1 champion’s fantastic squad.

But, Liverpool and Manchester United will rival Pep Guardiola in the battle for Mendy’s signature.

All three clubs are hunting for a new left-back after struggling to fill the role in the last season.

Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp have often deployed midfielders in the left-back spot while Guardiola has gutted City’s defence by releasing Gael Clichy.

Mendy has stood out in a wonderful Monaco side full of youthful stars and future superstars.

The Premier League trio can all offer Mendy Champions League football and are desperate to convince the Frenchman to join their club.

United’s hopes have been boosted by the fact they secured Champions League football by winning the Europa League.

RMC Sport claim Liverpool have told Monaco they will match City’s offer and will continue to match whatever deal their rivals put forward.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 27, 2017
Manchester United close in on £39m deal for Ivan Perisic after talks with Jose Mourinho

Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Ivan Perisic from Inter, according to reports in Italy.

Premium Sport claim that Persic has chosen to join United after being convinced by Jose Mourinho.

The deal for the Croatia international will reportedly cost United £39 million plus bonuses.

Perisic had also received an offer from Paris Saint-Germain, but the winger has opted to move to Old Trafford this summer.

During the last international break in March, Mourinho travelled to Croatia to hold talks with agent Predrag Mijatovic over a deal for Perisic .

Premium Sport report that it was in Croatia where Mourinho put forward his proposal and persuaded the 28-year-old that United would be the right move.

Inter, who are guaranteed to finish no higher than seventh in Serie A, play their final game of the season on Sunday as they host Udinese.

Perisic has been one of Inter’s standout players this term, scoring 10 goals and registering six assists in 35 Serie A appearances.

Inter are reportedly using the money from Persic to fund the signings of James Rodriguez from Real Madrid and Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 6:42am On May 28, 2017
Carrick signs new 1-year Man United deal

Michael Carrick has signed a new one-year deal at Manchester United, the club confirmed on Saturday night.

The midfielder, who will turn 36 in the summer, was due to be out of contract at the end of the season that just concluded.

But ahead of his testimonial on June 4, he has signed an extension that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2018 for a 12th season at the club.

"What a fantastic way to finish off the season, with a new trophy in our cabinet," said Carrick. "I am delighted that my journey with this great club is going to continue.
"My focus now is looking ahead to my testimonial match next Sunday. It will be a very proud moment for me and my family, and is the perfect way to top what has already been a great season.
"I am thrilled that the fans will also get to see our shiny new Europa League trophy on the day."

Carrick has made 38 appearances this season, scoring once, and was an unused substitute during the Europa League final against Ajax in Stockholm.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Michael over this past season," added manager Jose Mourinho.
"He is one of the true professionals of the game. Not only is he a great footballer, he is also a fantastic human being and a great role model to our younger members of the team.
"I am delighted he has extended his contract and I would like to take this opportunity to wish Michael all the best for his well-deserved testimonial match next Sunday."
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
Arsenal primed to beat Chelsea to Serie A hitman Andrea Belotti in £85 million deal

Fresh from beating them in the FA Cup final, Arsenal are now ready to beat Chelsea to the signing of one of Europe’s deadliest goalscorers too.

The Gunners emerged victorious in Saturday’s showpiece at Wembley thanks to goals from Alexis Sanchez and Aaron Ramsey in each half.

The result makes Arsenal the most successful team in FA Cup history, securing their 13th title, with manager Arsene Wenger at the helm for seven of those wins.

And now Wenger has identified the striker he wants to sign to try and challenge for the Premier League title next season, according to The Sun

The Gunners are in need of more firepower up front and have identified Belotti as the man they need, though Antonio Conte is also a fan.

Chelsea have long tracked the Italian striker and had seen him as a viable alternative to Romelu Lukaku if they are unable to prise the Belgian away from Everton.
Former Palermo man Belotti has scored 25 times in Serie A, behind only Napoli’s Dries Mertens and Roma’s Edin Dzeko, while he also laid on five assists.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 28, 2017
Costa: I'll only go to Atletico

Diego Costa says the only club he would leave Chelsea for is his old side Atletico Madrid.

However, speaking to South American broadcaster
DIRECTVSports after Saturday's FA Cup final at Wembley, Costa said he is not planning to depart from Stamford Bridge and is happy in London.

Costa has been linked with a move to China but insists that, if Chelsea wanted to sell him, he would only go back to Atletico and is not interested in any other clubs.

"I will only leave Chelsea for Atletico," Costa said. "If not, I will stay here. I'm not interested in other clubs.
"I have a contract and no intention of leaving, but if there are changes to be made that might reduce my chances, if the coach won't count on me anymore or is to give space for another striker, I know that I'll have to leave.
"Everyone know what my preferred club is, there's nothing to hide."

The 28-year-old scored the equaliser for Chelsea against Arsenal in the cup final, only for Aaron Ramsey to score moments later and secure a 2-1 win for the Gunners.

However, the Blues did claim the Premier League title - for the second time in three seasons since signing Costa in the summer of 2014.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 28, 2017
Manchester City launch £113m offer for Kylian Mbappe

Manchester City and Real Madrid have launched a world-record £113million move for Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe, according to a report from French outlet Telefoot.

The Citizens have already sealed the signature of Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva and are also chasing left-back Benjamin Mendy.

Telefoot, however, believe Mbappe is now the priority for Pep Guardiola, who is willing to make the 18-year-old the world's first nine-figure footballer.

Both Manchester City & Real Madrid have launched €130m offers for Monaco striker Kylian #Mbappe , according to Telefoot

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
Michy Batshuayi ready for Chelsea loan move

Michy Batshuyai is ready to go 'wherever' Chelsea send him next season, suggesting the striker could be heading out on loan.

The former Marseille man struggled for game time under Antonio Conte last season but showed his talents with four goals in Chelsea's last three Premier League games.

'Honestly, I’m not trying to think too much [about my future],' Batshuayi told Belgian publication Het Nieuwsblad.

'We still have a match and I’m trying 200 per cent. After that it will up to the board and the coach to make a decision. I’m a player and I’ll go wherever Chelsea sends me.'

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 28, 2017
Potential transfer of Marco Reus off after latest injury set-back for Borussia Dortmund star

Any chance of Marco Reus arriving in the Premier League this summer looks to be over after the Borussia Dortmund star suffered a serious injury.

The German international was hurt in his side’s 2-1 German Cup final victory over Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday. He had to be replaced at half-time.

Some reports suggest that he has ruptured a cruciate ligament, ruling the attacking midfielder out of action for six months. However there remains some uncertainty over the extent of the injury.

If at the worse end of the spectrum it will almost certainly rule out a summer transfer for the 27-year-old. With him certain to miss the first few months of the season and serious questions about his fitness being raised potential suitors are unlikely to take the risk of signing him.

Chelsea in recent months but now all of them will have to reassess their options.

The injury is just the latest setback for Reus who has been beset by problems ever since being ruled out of the 2014 World Cup. He featured in just 17 Bundesliga games this season.

It seemed Reus was trying not to think about the latest issue as he celebrated his first major trophy since joining Borussia Dortmund in 2012.

‘Maybe it’s a bit of anterior cruciate ligament. You’ll have to ask the doctor. It doesn’t matter today,’ he said yesterday.

Dem swear for this guy?

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:45am On May 29, 2017
Inter Milan confirm Manchester United interest in Ivan Perisic

Inter Milan have confirmed that Manchester United are interested in signing Ivan Perisic this summer, and have not ruled out selling the Croatian.

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move for the 28-year-old winger, with Jose Mourinho keen to add more firepower to his squad.

They are expected to face competition from Chelsea for a player who struck his 11th goal of the season on the final day of the Serie A campaign against Udinese.

And Inter director Piero Ausilio has confirmed there has been contact with United regarding Perisic, though they are yet to submit a bid.

‘[United] haven’t made us an official offer for Perisic but their interest is there,’ Ausilio told Premium Sport on Sunday.

‘For me we have an as good squad or maybe even a better squad than most of the teams who finished ahead of us.

‘We don’t need all that much, we will certainly make some moves but we will first have to see what our new coach will want.’

Perisic’s future until after they have appointed a new manager, with the club yet to appoint a new coach after the sacking of Stefano Pioli.

Perisic had an excellent campaign for Inter in an otherwise largely disappointing season for the club, scoring 11 times and providing a further eight assists.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 10:50am On May 29, 2017
Manchester City target Ederson admits he has played his last game for Benfica ahead of world-record move

Benfica goalkeeper Ederson is on the verge of becoming the world’s most expensive goalkeeper, having confirmed he is set to leave the Portuguese champions.

The Brazilian shot-stopper has been linked with a number of clubs, though it is Manchester rivals City and United who have shown the most interest.

Jose Mourinho identified the 23-year-old as one of just two players capable of replacing David de Gea were he to join Real Madrid, while Pep Guardiola is also a huge admirer.

And it is City who appear to have won the race for his signature, with Ederson conceding that Sunday’s cup final win over Vitoria was ‘probably my last game for Benfica’.

According to Record in Portugal, City are at an advanced stage in negotiations with the deal thought to be worth around €51.6 million (£45m).

That would make Ederson the world’s most expensive goalkeeper ever, usurping the fee Juventus paid to Parma when they signed Gianluigi Buffon in 2001.

Ederson is exactly the type of ball-playing, sweeper-keeper Guardiola loves, with the Brazilian even assisting goals with his phenomenally long goal kicks.

His arrival would take City’s spending to around £100m before the window has even opened, having already captured the signature of Bernardo Silva from Monaco.

The club are also thought to want Monaco duo Benjamin Mendy and Kylian Mbappe, Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker and Arsenal superstar Alexis Sanchez in what promises to be an eventful summer.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 29, 2017
Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera open to becoming new Barcelona manager’s first signing

Barcelona are expected to announce Ernesto Valverde as their new manager on Monday afternoon, and the Spanish coach has already told the club who he wants to sign.

Luis Enrique announced his decision to leave Camp Nou earlier this year and took charge of his final match in Saturday’s Copa del Rey final triumph.

Athletic Bilbao boss Valverde is widely expected to be unveiled as his successor, and he has made Ander Herrera his No.1 target according to Spanish publication

The new manager has identified midfield as a major area of weakness and believes Herrera, his favourite player, is the missing ingredient.

The feeling is mutual, too, with Herrera reciprocating that admiration for both Valverde and Barcelona and having spent a season under the coach in his final year in Bilbao.

Barca believe Herrera can play in any of the midfield roles in a 4-3-3 formation and have Jose Mourinho to thank for moulding Herrera into a more defensively aware player.

United, however, intend to try and renew Herrera’s contract with the club, while their qualification for the Champions League means he is in no rush to leave Old Trafford.

Ideally, Barcelona would like to pair Herrera with PSG’s Marco Verratti, though again they face a difficult and expensive task in trying to bring the Italian maestro to Camp Nou.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 29, 2017
UPDATE : Barcelona target Ander Herrera has made a decision on his Manchester United future

Ander Herrera will snub any approach from Barcelona to lure him to the Nou Camp from Manchester United .

Reports from the Catalan capital have suggested the 27-year-old is a priority for incoming manager Ernesto Valverde's.

Valverde, who Herrera cites as one of the biggest influences on his career, succeeds Luis Enrique and is charged with winning back La Liga from Real Madrid and dislodging them in the Champions League rankings. Real contest this Saturday's final in Cardiff against Juventus.

Valverde is understood to have identified Herrera as the dynamo in the engine room to provide the base for Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar to revive Barca post-Enrique.

Valverde was Herrera 's manager at Athletic Bilbao in the 2013-14 season before he moved to Old Trafford for £27m in Louis van Gaal's era.

And Herrera has recently hailed Valverde when he was listing the influences on his career saying, “Valverde made the biggest impression on me due to the way he was in the dressing room and because he's a fantastic guy. Not just in terms of football, but for his way of being, the way he was in the dressing room, working with those that did and didn't play. He is a crack."

Herrera broke into the Spain squad this season but was then left out 10 days ago by manager Julen Lopetegui for a friendly against Colombia ahead of a World Cup qualifiers versus Macedonia.

However, Valverde is reported to want United's recently crowned Player of the Season at the club's awards evening.

Herrera was also named Man of the Match in the Reds Europa League final win against Ajax in Stockholm.

Only Paul Pogba made more appearances for Jose Mourinho this season and the pair have cemented their roles at the heart of the United manager's midfield.

Herrera signed a four-year contract when he signed from Bilbao to 2018 with an extra year's option.

But United needn't worry about Barcelona circling and taking him back to Spain because Herrera is understood to have no desire to quit Old Trafford and move to the Nou Camp.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 6:35am On May 30, 2017
Manchester United lead race to sign Danny Rose as Tottenham eye Luke Shaw exchange deal

Manchester United are in pole position to sign Danny Rose from Tottenham during the summer window, with Spurs braced for the defender’s exit.

The Daily Mirror say manager Mauricio Pochettino is already searching the market for potential replacements with Rose keen to complete a move to Old Trafford.

Jose Mourinho is hoping to bolster his options at left back and is believed to be an admirer of Rose, who has been at White Hart Lane for almost a decade.

The England defender appeared to open the door to a move last week when he admitted that players at Tottenham may ‘fancy a change’.

Despite Rose’s admission, Tottenham are believed to be determined to keep most of the current squad together after another promising campaign under Pochettino.

But amid speculation over Rose’s future, it is claimed Spurs may emerge as potential suitors for United’s Luke Shaw, who has struggled to establish himself under Mourinho.

A part exchange deal could suit all parties – although Tottenham may instead decide to revive their interest in Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 6:41am On May 30, 2017
Arsene Wenger makes final push to keep Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil at Arsenal

Arsene Wenger is ready to make a final push to keep

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil at Arsenal by offering them a combined £30million-a-year salary, reports say.

Speculation over Sanchez and Ozil’s future at the Emirates Stadium has been well documented, with both players set to enter the final years of their current deals.

The club have so far been unable to secure their services with contract extensions but Wenger will make another push, according to the Daily Mirror .

It is claimed the Gunners are prepared to offer the duo a combined £30m to stay, with a renewed confidence of striking a deal after the FA Cup final victory over Chelsea.

Chilean superstar Sanchez has enjoyed a superb season and will reportedly be offered a two-year extension worth £275,000-a-week.

The contracts of Sanchez and German playmaker Ozil will be on the agenda at Arsenal’s board meeting on Tuesday, which will primarily revolve around the future of veteran manager Wenger.

Sanchez, 28, has emerged as a target for Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Manchester City but Arsenal hope he will put pen to paper after receiving the new lucrative offer.

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 6:47am On May 30, 2017
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard speaks out on his future at end of season awards night

Eden Hazard confirmed he would be staying at Chelsea this summer after being named the Player of the Year by the club’s fans.

The Belgian star has enjoyed a superb season at Stamford Bridge, scoring 17 goals in 43 games to help the Blues storm to the title.

Hazard has seen his Chelsea team-mate N’Golo Kante beat him to multiple awards this season but was recognised for his efforts at the annual awards night on Sunday.

And after receiving his Player of the Year gong, Hazard was asked whether he was staying at Stamford Bridge, to which he replied: ‘Yeah, why not?!’

Hazard, 26, has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid over the past few seasons and Zinedine Zidane is said to be plotting a summer swoop for his signature.

The La Liga giants are also understood to be interested in star goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois but both players appear more than settled in the English capital.

Hazard has three years remaining on his current contract and admits he has not yet been offered an extension, although talks are scheduled for this summer.

‘At this moment, there’s nothing on the table. We’re waiting for the end of the season,’ Hazard recently told
Het Nieuwsblad .
‘I’m still calm. We will talk. If not, then we’ll see.’

Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 8:20am On May 31, 2017
Manchester United transfer target James Rodriguez orders Real Madrid to turn down £36 million bid

Real Madrid have turned down a £36 million bid from Inter Milan for James Rodriguez because the midfielder wants to move to Manchester United , according to reports in Spain.

Rodriguez looks set to leave Real this summer after falling out of favour at the club under Zinedine Zidane.

United have been heavily linked with the transfer, but several Serie A sides are also believed to be in the running.

Inter have been rumoured to be preparing a bid, but AS claim the opening offer has been rejected.

That is because Real know Rodriguez wants to join United and believe the Red Devils can offer more money than the Serie A suitors.

Rodriguez has warmed to the idea of joining United after they secured Champions League football.

United beat Ajax to lift the Europa League trophy which handed them a spot in the Champions League after missing out on a top four place in the Premier League.

Rodriguez made just 13 La Liga starts this season, but still managed to score eight goals and provide six assists in 22 league appearances.

The Colombian reportedly has a frosty relationship with Zidane and is desperate to leave Real to kick start his once flourishing career.

Jose Mourinho has targeted several big names to fire United back in contention for the league title next season.

Rodriguez has been linked with United along with a host of La Liga stars including Atletico Madrid attacker Antoine Griezmann.

Mourinho has been promised a substantial transfer kitty which could be spent on Rodriguez.

Real want to get as close to the £71 million they paid for Rodriguez in 2014 and see Premier League sides as more willing to spend big.

United forked out a world-record fee for Paul Pogba last summer.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 8:22am On May 31, 2017
Alexis Sanchez ready to force Bayern Munich transfer move

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez is preparing to force a move to Bayern Munich in the summer transfer window, according to reports.

The 28-year-old forward was arguably the Gunners’ standout performer this season, scoring 30 goals in 51 appearances, and found the net as Arsene Wenger’s men beat Chelsea 2-1 in the FA Cup final.

However, it’s understood Sanchez is ready to move on from the Emirates ahead of the 2017/18 campaign off the back of an immensely underwhelming season in Europe and in the Premier League.

The Times suggest the Chile attacker favours a big-money switch to the Allianz Arena despite strong interest from Arsenal’s bitter London rivals Chelsea.

It’s believed that, despite Wenger agreeing a new two-year deal in north London, both Sanchez and Ozil maintain reservations over the Gunners’ competitiveness.

Manchester City and Serie A giants Juventus also remain keen on the ex-Barcelona man but Bayern have emerged as favourites for his signature in recent weeks.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 8:24am On May 31, 2017
Arsenal fans use Rob Holding as an example to defend Henry Onyekuru transfer move

Arsenal have agreed a fee to sign Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru, according to widespread reports.

It’s understood the Gunners will bring the KAS Eupen attacker to north London for £6.8million ahead of the 2017/18 campaign and it’s fair to say the news received a mixed reception from supporters across social media.

Gooners are desperate for Arsene Wenger to splash the cash after a disappointing season the Premier League and in Europe but Onyekuru perhaps isn’t the marquee signing many are holding out for.

However, a number of Arsenal supporters leapt to Onyekuru’s defence, using Rob Holding as an example to those doubting the club’s imminent signing before he has even set foot inside the Emirates.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 8:34am On May 31, 2017
French media link Casillas with PSG switch

Iker Casillas may have only been at Porto for two years but the veteran goalkeeper is being touted for a move to Ligue 1, with Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain both reportedly interested.

A disappointing year for Les Parisiens has led to the appointment of Antero Henrique as the club's new sporting director and the poor showing of current shot-stoppers Alphonse Areola and Kevin Trapp are high on his agenda
L'Equipe report that PSG are unsure about the prospect of signing a new keeper but Henrique could go ahead with a move for Casillas regardless.

Although that may not be the only offer on the table for the Spaniard as Marseille are said to be readying a one-year deal for the ex-Real Madrid star with the option of a further year on the south coast.

Growing rumours have circulated since the season's end that Porto are looking to offload Casillas due to the burden of his 5 million euro annual wages.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2017
Monaco reject £87 million Arsenal bid for Kylian Mbappe

Arsenal’s shock £87 million bid for Monaco sensation Kylian Mbappe has been rejected by the French champions, according the Daily Telegraph .

Arsene Wenger came close to landing the 18-year-old last summer, and even visited the youngster at his home in France , before he embarked on a breakthrough campaign that has transformed the striker into the most coveted player in world football.

Despite missing out on Champions League qualification for the first time in his 20-year tenure Wenger pledged, after a signing a new two-year deal on Wednesday , that the club would look to add star quality to their ranks this summer.

The bid for Mbappe represents a commitment to deliver on that promise, but Arsenal’s initial bid was met with derision, especially considering the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester City are already reported to have offered Monaco considerably more for their prize asset.

Manchester United and Chelsea are also monitoring Mbappe’s situation as well as European heavyweights Bayern Munich and Paris Saint Germain.

Mbappe, who scored 15 goals in Monaco’s Ligue 1 triumph and played a pivotal role in their run to the Champions League semi final, has given no indication that he wants a move this summer, although his former teammate Bernardo Silva, who joined Manchester City last week, claims he ‘is yet to make up his mind’.
Re: 2016/2017 Summer Transfer Window : News, Rumours & Done Deals. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2017
Eden Hazard responds to Real Madrid’s £100m transfer offer

Eden Hazard is adamant that he has no plans to leave Chelsea following reports that Real Madrid are set to launch a £100 million offer.

The Belgian is reportedly high on Madrid’s wanted list for the upcoming transfer window and it’s even been suggested that the 26-year-old’s representatives have been in contact with the Spanish champions over a potential deal.

But Hazard insists he is ready to stay at Stamford Bridge in order to help Antonio Conte’s side win back-to-back Premier League titles.

‘I’m good here. I’m at one of the best clubs in the world and I think I’m going to stay for a couple of years. I’m very happy,’ the Belgian told The Straits Times.

‘You can see on the pitch that I’m happy.

‘Next season, we will have the Champions League to play but we want to keep the Premier League trophy in Chelsea.

It’s going to be hard but we know [people] expect a lot from Chelsea now.

‘But now is the time to think about holidays.’

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot!!! 1.81 odds Predictions is won!!! / See Picture Of Whites Wearing Nigeria Jersey With Pride / Barcelon Signs Alex Iwobi For £90m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.