Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,493 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year (1976 Views)

IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out / JAMB Admission Letter Printing Guide For 2016/2017 [UTME, DE Candidates] / BREAKING:WORTH 500K – APPLY FOR 2016/2017 SHELL (SPDC) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year by vikstandon(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2017
Please I wish to share my experiences the past years admission (2016/2017 admission year)...

We were giving two choice University by Jamb and I opted for;

University of Nigeria (most preferred)----Med. Lab
Abia State University (preferred)----Medicine & Surgery

It turned out that we didn't have to seat for PUME, but admission was giving by point mark using your WAEC and JAMB... You would agree with me that no State school has the number of A's recorded by Private Schools so I wasn't offered admission through the merit list (1st list) meaning I had to try another luck through payment for supplementary for the both institutions.

As God would have it ABSU my state University offered me admission to study Medicine, I had to pay #2500 to change ABSU to my most preferred Institution a week before UNN brought out there Supp. List.
I had already accepted ABSU admission and paid school fees and had even dashed my hope on UNN admission, it was even my elder brother that called to say UNN offered me admission in Med.Lab (one striking thing about UNN admission is that during supplementary Med.Lab wasn't enlisted so I opted for Anatomy with the hope of changing to Medicine, the course I have pursued years before in UNN).

Having gone far with ABSU admission and had even started lectures without completing the registration process in order to be at pace with my colleagues. I finally came to the final point of registration which requires submission of Jamb admission letter to finalize my admission, what I saw on the admission letter was UNN (Med.Lab).
We've paid #11,000 twice to change the Admission letter to ABSU (Medicine) since that is the place am running my undergraduate program, JAMB Registry vehemently refused.

I have gone to JAMB offices in Abia and Enugu, and they said it can be changed, we should go through the institution (ABSU Registry).

We've gone and the Registrar of ABSU told us that is the new JAMB Registrar stand and that the Universities are not happy with that. That the school has about 1000 students with same issue. That we should result to Prayer and be hopeful.

I have written first semester exam and defiled UNN admission and didn't register for the present years Jamb and have stayed about two years at home before getting this my dream course.

In the light of all of these...what is ur advice Nairalanders!
Re: JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year by vikstandon(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2018
It was later solved...I can help u solve urs
Re: JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year by Dboy55(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
vikstandon:
So how did you resolved it ?
Re: JAMB Admission Letter Problem And The Way Out For 2016/2017 Admission Year by LhasaAsp: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2023
vikstandon:

Bro how did you solve it, I have same problem. Same admission year.

(1) (Reply)

FG Invites Applications From Nigerian Students To Study Abroad / Victor Ola No Ielts To Canada / Her Eyes Glow [GORE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.