Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Broken Heart*** - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Heart*** (19757 Views)

Letter To A Broken Heart / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Broken Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Before I could say "Jack",the room was filled with girls well armed pointing guns at each other.Some were for Rose and the others for Mrs Johnson.
I was really surprised seeing Lizzy pointing a gun against her mum's group.
"You think you can just go and tell everyone about my family and go Scot free?"Mrs Johnson yelled at Rose
"You're a disappointment to womanhood"Rose yelled back.
By this time I was already at the door and because everyone seem to forget me,I ran out.I ran as if I was on my way to heaven.

When I reached home,I ran straight to my room and I wept bitterly, Uncle P and Jennifer were knocking at the door but I had no strength to go and open the door.
I slept off and woke up around 11pm,I went straight to the kitchen to get something and I saw Jennifer and Uncle P sitting in the parlour and so I decided to go and see them.
Immediately Jennifer saw me,she ran to me and hugged me tightly."What happened?I was so worried,why did you run into the house like that?"Jennifer asked without allowing me answer.
"Let him eat first,then he would be okay enough to tell us what happened"Uncle P said.
After I finished eating, I narrated everything that happened to them.
"What? this is becoming a movie"Jennifer said.
Uncle P wasn't really surprised and I knew he knows something.
"Peter,I know I should have told you this a long time ago but I wanted you be mature enough.Your dad was a high court judge and your mum a big time business woman.They were both murdered by Mr Johnson when you were just three,they didn't die in a car accident as you were earlier told.Your dad refused to take bribe from him because he was involved in a murder case and so he decided to murder your parents also but before then,your dad told me everything and told me take good care of you in case anything happens. I and your dad were best of friends when he was alive.I tried to bring Mr Johnson down but his influences didn't allow me do anything. You were diagnosed to have a heart diseases then and that was why I couldn't take you with us then because the doctor advised against. just be strong,junior P."Uncle P concluded and I could feel hot tears dropping down my cheeks. Jennifer also couldn't stop her tears and she held me close.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nice One Bro Keep It Up
Re: Broken Heart*** by Toyin223(f): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nice One
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
I'm crying too
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Nice One Bro Keep It Up
Thanks jare
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2017
Toyin223:
Nice One
thank u ma
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2017
queenitee:
I'm crying too
oh...sorry eh
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2017
Peterkeys6:
oh...sorry eh
Thank you
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
That night I couldn't sleep,my thoughts were just directed at how I'm going to revenge my parents death,I cried all through."So Jennifer was not really related to me"?I asked myself seen her sleeping next to me, I could still see the traces of tears on her face and then I knew how special I was to her.
I woke up the next morning very late and fortunately for me,Tuesdays I don't have lectures in the morning.I showered and decided to go and eat something.
the house was so quiet,it seems Uncle P has gone to work and Jennifer has morning lectures I guess.I saw a written note and I knew for sure it was from Jennifer."Peter,I know you're emotionally disturbed but try and put yourself together,its not easy I know but remember I'll always be there for you till the end,I love you."I couldn't believe my eyes.I prepared immediately and rushed to school.
I searched everywhere for Jennifer in school but I couldn't find her.I followed Jimmy and Thompson home and told them everything that happened and they both felt it. Jimmy was damn angry and he reminded me about telling me he doesn't trust Jenny.
Uncle P called and asked if Jennifer was with me and I said no.he sounded really worries because it was getting late already. I myself wasn't feeling good. again at all and so I started calling her line it was switched off.I told Jimmy and Thompson and so we decided to check out for her.I called my uncle and he said she wasn't home yet. I stayed out till 9pm and Thompson suggested we go to my uncle's house.Jimmy agreed and so I called my uncle that I was on my way home.
On reaching home,I opened the door and the sight that welcomed me threw me off balance.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kilosele?
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Broken Heart*** by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wat Happen
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
Oga Peterkeys6 where u dey?come update oo
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
Happy birthday!!!!!!!!Jennifer shouted and hugged me tightly that I couldn't move,Uncle P was just standing and smiling at us."Happy birthday bro".Thompson and Jimmy said also smiling.
"So this was the plan abi?"I asked jokingly and everyone laughed.
I was so so Happy and I couldn't hide it.After the whole eating,drinking and dancing we all retired to bed,Thompson and jimmy spent the night with us and mehnn I really missed them.
I woke up 3:00am and saw a text from Jennifer."Birthday boy,I know you will be sleeping by now but I just want to tell you how special you are to me,I LOVE YOU".I smiled and replied her"I LOVE YOU TOO KID SIS".She replied immediately and so we chatted till 5:00am and I fell back to bed again.
"Big head wake up jare".Jimmy said waking me up and I could hear Thompson laughing.I immediately checked the time and saw that it was 8:00am and Thank God I don't have any lecture today.
I went straight to Jennifer's room and saw that she was all set for school.She rushed up to me and hugged me,I wish we could be like that forever.We were interrupted by Uncle P's fake cough.We went down for breakfast after which we all got set and went in the car to drop Jennifer off in school, we dropped Thompson and Jimmy also,I didn't come down because uncle P said he wanted to tell me something really important.
We drove off to a cool place and sat down."Junior P tell me,are you in a relationship with any girl now?because I know children of this days can't wait and you're 19years now".Uncle P said.
I wasnt expecting that question at all and so I replied him."Uncle,I'm not in any relationship presently but I don't know what I really feel if its love and its for Jennifer".I said shifting away from him.
He looked directly into my eyes and raised his hands.he patted me on my back and drew me closer to him."Do you think I allow you and Jennifer to be together always for nothing?I and you dad wanted you two to get married if you grow up and so I left the both of you to fall in love naturally and I see that has worked out"he said smiling.
I was so happy and I hugged my uncle immediately.We started hearing gun shoots and before we knew it we were both taken forcefully into a car that just came and stopped before us..

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Toyin223(f): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
Fire On
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
We were taken to an unknown destination, I was so afraid before uncle P spoke out"Rose,where are you taking us to?".That was when I realised it was Rose and Jenny that were in the car.
"Sir,we are not planning to harm anybody here,we just came and rescued you from the hands of Mrs Johnson's gang".Jenny said.
"The thing here is that since she found out that Peter now knows the truth and he's staying with you,she's afraid her secret and that of her husband will be exposed".Rose added.
I just kept quiet."So what are we going to do now?".Uncle P asked
"Call Jennifer to meet us at the bus par and we'll pick her up since Mrs Johnson knows that she's your daughter,am sure she'll try to get her also.
Uncle P dialed her line but it seems everything was not okay."They've kidnapped my Jennifer".Uncle P said and for the first time I spoke out."By who and what did the person say?".
"The voice was that of a woman and she said I should meet her in an uncompleted. building close to the government secondary school".My uncle said and immediately I felt really strange.
"Meet us up at command secondary school".Rose ended the call and drove straight to the place.
"Peter wait for us here,Uncle let's go in".Rose said and I tried to argue but my uncle waved and told me to keep calm.I just sat down observing,the area was quiet.
For about 30mins,I sat down and I could hear gun shoots,I was so afraid that something might happen to my uncle or my Jennifer.I couldnt just sit anymore and so I opened the door quietly and started crawling to the building.I peeped and I could see some of the girls that were for Rose the last time lying dead on the floor with some other unfamiliar girls.
Someone tapped me from behind and when I turned immediately she hugged me."Daddy said I should come and wait for him in the car,that you're also there."Jennifer said and we immediately rushed back to the car.
We stayed there hoping and praying that uncle P comes back quickly. Not up to ten minutes, we saw Jenny and Rose carrying uncle P by his shoulder soaked in his own blood, Jennifer tried to run out but i held her back since no where was safe.They came to the car and we drove to the hospital immediately but I guess we were too late
The doctor came out and called Jennifer and I to his office,he handed a note to me and it reads"My Junior P,from today you're no longer junior P but Uncle P because I've handed a big responsibility over to you,take very good care of Jennifer and yourself. I willed all that I have to you and I know you will make me proud,when you're mature enough,my lawyer will assist you.i left much money in jennifer's new account and the details are in my bedroom under the reading table. I LOVE YOU BOTH".I could no longer hold back the tears,I turned and looked at Jennifer and she was already down crying her eyes out.
"Mr and Mrs Johnson you'll pay for this"I shouted loudly.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2017
hmmm
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2017
Peterkeys6 weldon
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:10am On Jun 10, 2017
Akinwale14:
Peterkeys6 weldon
Boss thanks for following
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Peterkeys6:
Boss thanks for following
ur welcome,more update bro
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Akinwale14:
ur welcome,more update bro
sure,more coming
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2017
Peterkeys6:
sure,more coming
ok we are waiting
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2017
Ah, I must join you in this revange
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2017
queenitee:
Ah, I must join you in this revange
iyam waiting o..I need more soldiers
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2017
Peterkeys6:
iyam waiting o..I need more soldiers
Oya let's go
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2017
I carried Jennifer out of the office because she was too weak to even carry herself.I saw Jenny and Rose standing,when they saw us they came closer and consoled us and promised to fight with us no matter what it takes.I was grateful to them and thanked them.
The news of Uncle Peter's death was everywhere on social media but they were just fabricating lies on what led to his death.Some said he was robbed and at the process they shot him and so many other stories.
Aunty Blessing (hope you still remember Uncle P's younger sister who I grew up with)called that she was on her way back with her family.
Myself and Jennifer went and met them at the airport... Aunty Blessing held Jennifer closely and they both wept.On reaching home,we saw different cars parked outside and the compound was filled with people who came to console us.
Arrangements for the burial was made and uncle P was finally laid to rest amidst tears...it was heart felt.
Rose and Jenny were also around.
Nobody could stop Jennifer from crying..
I watched my uncle been laid in the grave and my feelings were locked as if I was in a cave,could this be real I was just pondering. I felt someone touched me and I looked up to see Jimmy and Thompson. They consoled me and made me stop crying.
I will be strong enough for Jennifer now more than ever.I went to were Jennifer was sitting and pulled her up,I hugged her tightly as if my life depended on the hug.
We went home and seven days after the burial life came back to how it was although never the same without Uncle P.Aunty Blessing stayed with us for 3months before she left and advised us to behave well.
We wrote the tests we missed since almost all the lecturers knew what happened. I moved permanently to stay with Jennifer and there we planned how to get back to the Johnsons in a legitimate way.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Let's do it in an illegitimate way jare
Re: Broken Heart*** by Toyin223(f): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Crying I Go Kill Ooo
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
who u wan kill nw
Re: Broken Heart*** by Toyin223(f): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
Akinwale14:
who u wan kill nw
Mr And Mrs Johnson
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Toyin223:
Mr And Mrs Johnson
lolz ok
Re: Broken Heart*** by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 11, 2017
Shedding tears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GOOD GUY AT 23 / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.