Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. (653 Views)

UI Students!!! Please I Need Your Attention!!! / University Of Ibadan's VC At Son's Convocation In US While UI Students Suffer / We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 27, 2017
*"NO ID CARDS, NO EXAMS" - UI STUDENTS REAFFIRMS, SENDS STRONG SIGNAL TO SCHOOL MANAGEMENT TO PREPARE FOR THEM*

The Entirety of University of Ibadan Students at the Congress held at the Students' Union Building Foyer on 27th of May 2017 has unanimously agreed to the resolutions deliberated and subsequently issued Ultimatum of 2-days to the management to constitute welfare-board meeting, constitute a Fact-finding committee amongst other resolutions.

While deliberating on the delay in the issue of ID cards, the Speaker of the SRC, 7th Assembly, Rt. Hon Asiwaju stressed that "For the past one year, the Premier University is finding it difficult to produce school ID cards", He emphatically stated further that the concern about the ID card is not just about examinations alone. The SU President, Com. Ojo Aderemi lamented about the challenges he encountered as regards changing of signatories to the account due to problem with identification because he does not have a valid school ID card. Series of reactions and counter-reactions from Congressmen were analyzed, one of which a Congressmen posited that "Let us strong-arm the school, if nothing is done as regards the, let us invite the EFCC to come and audit the management", another Congressman said "We've paid for this ID cards, why is there a delay? We don't want a sub-standard ID card, we must see samples"... "Since we are not cowards, we are not holding the examination without ID cards, we'll take the war to the media". Another reaction was that "The fact that we paid for something and we are not being given is corruption, I would employ that we should invite the EFCC".

The hallmark of the reactions, was when a Congressman suggested in his words that "Let's use democracy day, May 29 to solidarize by going to media houses NTA, TVC and the likes" it was furthermore added that major federal roads in Ibadan will be on the lockdown due to the insensitivity of the school management.

After much heated deliberations at the Congress ground, the resolution of the Students as regards the ban on the use of hotplates, delay in production of ID cards, victization of students was to take over the federal roads of Ibadan on democracy day May 29th and further more keep the media abreast as regards the whole imbrogilos at hand, facing the students.
Re: No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2017
i can see strike looming
Re: No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 27, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
i can see strike looming
Yes sir
And which is bad...

I opined that they should reason out things with the school management before they cause havoc.!
Re: No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2017
Ajet001:

Yes sir
And which is bad...

I opined that they should reason out things with the school management before they cause havoc.!
exactly bro.
Re: No Id Cards, No Exams– Ui Students. by Odelola01(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2017
UI and ID card issue
You need to complain before you can get your ID. BAD.

(1) (Reply)

Can HND In Nigeria Be Used For Masters(mba) Abroad? / NDA 69th 2017/18 1st & 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out / UCH Ibadan School Of Nursing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.