Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? (1158 Views)

Why Did Methuselah Live For 969 years? / "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story / What Was Methuselah Doing For 969 Years Without Electricity And Data ..?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 28, 2017
There are many Biblical myths that are had to believe cool
One of them is the almighty Methuselah who lived 969 years before he left the mother earth.

What calendar did they use?

I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by MrRichy(m): 10:41am On May 28, 2017
Chrismario:
One of them is the almighty Methuselah who lived 969 years before he left the mother earth.

I'm not understanding

focus on your studies and leave bible myths alone

2 Likes

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 10:46am On May 28, 2017
MrRichy:

focus on your studies and leave bible myths alone

OK sir.

Just dat I want to know more
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by latsy: 10:46am On May 28, 2017
It is a myth, you are not expected to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Chikelue2000(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2017
latsy:
It is a myth, you are not expected to believe it.
the Bible is no myth bro, believe what u wana believe
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by oaroloye(m): 12:01pm On May 28, 2017
SHALOM!

Chrismario:

I'm not understanding

My paternal grandfather was 144 years old when he reportedly died. (I say "reportedly," because there was no body, and no grave.) That means that he was 117 when my father was born.

There was a region in Russia- the Caucasus Mountains where super-centenary ageing was routine- but I am sure that my forefathers used Juju Sorcery to extend their lifespans.

About 3,000 years ago, there were a race called the TOLTECS, whose Sorcerers had techniques of Longevity that involved RESETTING their Chronological Ageing repeatedly, so that, when they got intolerably old, they made themselves young again.

RECREATIONAL SEX IS THE KEY: if you indulge in it, you WON'T be able to achieve it. The only OYINBO to be granted access to the LAST TOLTEC ON EARTH- who escaped from Heavenly Imprisonment, where all of his colleagues ended up (i.e. going to Heaven is not what Christians think it is!) and hid out on Earth, only exposing his presence in 1723- met him around 1973, and was given the Key to their Spiritual Legacy.

Following his Oyinbo Training, he disrupted the Ritual that enabled the Toltec Survivor to prolong his Existence, and got him killed.

HE REFUSED to heed cautions his master gave him- including CELIBACY and PRIVACY, and became a Womanizer and a Celebrity- WASTED his Powers and DIED IGNOMINIOUSLY.

[THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE ART OF DREAMING, by Carlos Castaneda.]

There are a LOT of things going on on Earth that NOBODY bothers to clear with you.

There is a BIOLOGICAL basis for IMMORTALITY.

Were you ever intelligent enough to wonder WHY creatures DIE of AGEING at all? Maybe. But not enough to FIND OUT WHY WE AGE.

If you had investigated THAT, you would not be talking so foolishly.

By our 50th year, Humans develop a GLITCH in our Nuclei, that kills us from there on in.

Apparently, the ANCIENTS did not have that "glitch."
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by oweniwe(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2017
Times have really changed.

You cant compare the physical fitness of ppl in the bible ...even 18th century ppl to the fitness of ppl today.

People develop according to their physical environment.

If your environment is hard, your body & spirit will be hardened.

Minus the savage wars....

.You'll definitely live longer.
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:53pm On May 28, 2017
But wait, what on in d world was he doing on Earth for 969yrs without data and Electricity?

4 Likes

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by dalaman: 1:15pm On May 28, 2017
The story is fictional and mythological.

2 Likes

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by sonofluc1fer: 1:17pm On May 28, 2017
Mailthaddeus:
But wait, what on in d world was he doing on Earth for 969yrs without data and Electricity?
Smoking good weed.

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by ScepticalPyrrho: 1:20pm On May 28, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

My paternal grandfather was 144 years old when he reportedly died. (I say "reportedly," because there was no body, and no grave.) That means that he was 117 when my father was born.

There was a region in Russia- the Caucasus Mountains where super-centenary ageing was routine- but I am sure that my forefathers used Juju Sorcery to extend their lifespans.

About 3,000 years ago, there were a race called the TOLTECS, whose Sorcerers had techniques of Longevity that involved RESETTING their Chronological Ageing repeatedly, so that, when they got intolerably old, they made themselves young again.

RECREATIONAL SEX IS THE KEY: if you indulge in it, you WON'T be able to achieve it. The only OYINBO to be granted access to the LAST TOLTEC ON EARTH- who escaped from Heavenly Imprisonment, where all of his colleagues ended up (i.e. going to Heaven is not what Christians think it is!) and hid out on Earth, only exposing his presence in 1723- met him around 1973, and was given the Key to their Spiritual Legacy.

Following his Oyinbo Training, he disrupted the Ritual that enabled the Toltec Survivor to prolong his Existence, and got him killed.

HE REFUSED to heed cautions his master gave him- including CELIBACY and PRIVACY, and became a Womanizer and a Celebrity- WASTED his Powers and DIED IGNOMINIOUSLY.

[THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE ART OF DREAMING, by Carlos Castaneda.]

There are a LOT of things going on on Earth that NOBODY bothers to clear with you.

There is a BIOLOGICAL basis for IMMORTALITY.

Were you ever intelligent enough to wonder WHY creatures DIE of AGEING at all? Maybe. But not enough to FIND OUT WHY WE AGE.

If you had investigated THAT, you would not be talking so foolishly.

By our 50th year, Humans develop a GLITCH in our Nuclei, that kills us from there on in.

Apparently, the ANCIENTS did not have that "glitch."
What is he talking about?

Anyone who understands, please.
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 28, 2017
Trees live longer. I wonder what would happen if that gene was isolated and used to create Genetically modified humans undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by sonofluc1fer: 1:56pm On May 28, 2017
Muafrika2:
Trees live longer. I wonder what would happen if that gene was isolated and used to create Genetically modified humans undecided

You would have beautiful beings like me.
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by latsy: 2:33pm On May 28, 2017
Chikelue2000:
the Bible is no myth bro, believe what u wana believe

It is no myth by faith but it is in reality.

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 28, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You would have beautiful beings like me.
grin
You're probably right. Beautiful gigantic devils that would need another flood to get rid of grin

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by sonofluc1fer: 2:43pm On May 28, 2017
Muafrika2:

grin
You're probably right. Beautiful gigantic devils that would need another flood to get rid of grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by oyewolestephen(m): 2:47pm On May 28, 2017
I doubt the authenticity of the story it sound more of an allegory besides I seldomly agree to assertion that isn't scientifically true

1 Like

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by RosaConsidine: 2:49pm On May 28, 2017
oweniwe:

You cant compare the physical fitness of ppl in the bible ...even 18th century ppl to the fitness of ppl today.

Actually, we live comparatively longer than people in the 16th, 17th, 18th centuries and so on. Why? Lots of them didn't even survive infancy. Read about a lot of kings and emperors and you'll find that many of them had lots of siblings that all died, usually from disease. Simply put, they couldn't cure what they were afflicted with - and it killed them. Illnesses we take for granted now like malaria, typhoid, even chicken pox and measles ensured that lots of kids did not make it to their teenage years. Even amongst those that did, others still succumbed to other illnesses. We have found cures to a lot of these illnesses which is why we now take it for granted that a child that is born would at least live to middle age. Forget all those that say people are dying a lot earlier now - people are actually living much longer than they would have - which is why there are more people to put pressure on earth's limited resources.

3 Likes

Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by MiddleDimension: 2:58pm On May 28, 2017
oweniwe:

is this to say you believe in evolution?

and how do you reconcile that with the fact that the human being has only started living longer on the average?
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by MiddleDimension: 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Actually, we live comparatively longer than people in the 16th, 17th, 18th centuries and so on. Why? Lots of them didn't even survive infancy. Read about a lot of kings and emperors and you'll find that many of them had lots of siblings that all died, usually from disease. Simply put, they couldn't cure what they were afflicted with - and it killed them. Illnesses we take for granted now like malaria, typhoid, even chicken pox and measles ensured that lots of kids did not make it to their teenage years. Even amongst those that did, others still succumbed to other illnesses. We have found cures to a lot of these illnesses which is why we now take it for granted that a child that is born would at least live to middle age. Forget all those that say people are dying a lot earlier now - people are actually living much longer than they would have - which is why there are more people to put pressure on earth's limited resources.

my thoughts exactly!
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Mailthaddeus(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Smoking good weed.

Hey, son of devil. I didn't ask u? We are not on d same level as to be quoting my post. Upgrade to Son of God, then we can talk.
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by davien(m): 3:19pm On May 28, 2017
No I don't, it carries the same basis for belief as any other extraordinary claim, faith..if faith makes this possible then buddha would by faith also have really sat under a tree meditating for a century(or some years I can't remember)
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by sonofluc1fer: 7:59pm On May 28, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

Hey, son of devil. I didn't ask u? We are not on d same level as to be quoting my post.
Sorry, Sir. I didn't realise Nairaland is a private forum.
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 28, 2017
Chrismario:

I'm not understanding

I thought you people don't believe in the Bible or are there some selective truths about it that satan has allowed you to believe?
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

I thought you people don't believe in the Bible or are there some selective truths about it that satan has allowed you to believe?

And who is you people?
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by Joagbaje(m): 10:42pm On May 28, 2017
Chrismario:

I'm not understanding

The story real, and if you study the bible, the bible speaks for itself. the long years of methuselah was not natural. Let me explain, methuselah came to the world as destruction, Because of the evil in the world in that generation, God was going to destrue the world by a flood and methuselah was the sing for the flood. As a matter of fact his name METHUSELAH means : "AFTER HIS DEATH THE FLOOD SHALL COME" so if methuselah had died at the age of 20 the flood would have come that year, But because of the mercy of God he preserve methuselah because he didn't want men to die, he was still hoping men will respond to the preaching of Noah and repent and be saved. But they refused to harken to the preaching to be saved, so the only thing God could do in his patience and mercy was to prevent methuselah from dying, Because if methuselah should close his eyes in death the flood would come.

1 Peter 3:20
20 [The souls of those] who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, [b]when God’s patience [/b]waited during the building of the ark in which a few [people], actually eight in number, were saved through water.

That was why methuselah grew so old to the extent that the child he gave bath to became old and died as an old man, methuselah buried his own child and still couldn't die, finally God could't take it anymore and he allowed methuselah to die at age of 969 years, at the death of methuselah the rain and flood came, Noah who was methuselah grandson at this time was 500 years old, this is much i can say for now if you have anymore question you can ask. Concerning The issue of calendar, every culture have their way of calculating years . Hebrew, Egyptian, Igbo Yoruba etc. The issue of the leap year is smal and insignificant
Re: Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? by twosquare(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2017
Chrismario:

I'm not understanding
Maybe you have forgotten that his father was Enoch, the guy who skipped death and entered into the realm of El Shaddai. For him to live that long, he has learned some secrets to living which we have lost.

(1) (Reply)

''Return My Sister's Money'' - Nigerian Lady Has A Message For Pastor EA Adeboye / Remove The Unwanted Muslim Oath From My Signature MOD / Dominion Through Praise(rccg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.