Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University (2157 Views)

ASUU To Oyo, Osun: Declare State Of Emergency On LAUTECH / See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) / On Lautech Strike, A Student Posted This And Got Evry1cracking Their Ribs (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by hardextheprince(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2017
Aregbesola's stand on Lautech university.

When someone is crippled and you say he/she is not running, do you expect him/her to run?
Is it incapacity, inability or disinterest, first of all let us understand this fact, education that must be given free is basic education. Every society owes their citizens quality and compulsory basic education, any adult education is optional, education at the adult stage is optional but because we are running renting economy we don't known what is free.

Lautech, I said it on Gbangbandekun I said gentlemen we cannot be running at this pace, we should use what we have to run the school because tje economy has worsen. Three years ago it became obvious, we are no longer supporting Uniosun. We said Uniosun should fund itself and before then we have cut their school fees from 175,000 to 100,000, 125,000 to 65,000 and yet we denied the university 5% they were getting from local government. Strangely Uniosun with 12,000 students survived.
By the way, Lautech has over 30,000 students and Lautech with an average fee of #60,000 and the different between UniOsun regime fee and LAUTECH is just #5,000.
The question I ask myself is, if Uniosun with 12,000 students with six campuses in different towns can manage his own affairs without pressure on government it is still a puzzle Lautech with 30,000 can not manage his own affairs.

If those workers that are with us refused the modifies salaries and leave work, there would be no government. They realised that if they refused to accept reality there would be no government.
I'm baffled when people refused to live by reality and the reality is not a question of whether am interested or disinterested in funding LAUTECH, it's just that I'm incapable.
As bad as our financial condition, we still contribute to Lautech every month out of the very limited resources we have I still release money for Lautech (though very small) while I haven't done the same for Uniosun.

So the question is not lack of interest or lack of commitment, it's the state financial incapability and the failure of Lautech management to live within their means . but it will change very soon.

We have commissioned a reputable accounting firm that will do personal audit, financial audit of the institution which will let us know where thus the fees of the students go and how many people are there receiving salaries because it's either the money is improperly managed or the staffs are over loathed. What the university received as fees if properly manages and transparently used is enough to run the university successfully.

My appeal to the students is simple let us all go together to get staffs, management and council of the university to be accountable to themselves and to the owners.
I genuinely believe since Uniosun can run on its own, Lautech can do so as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Raptureminded(m): 12:21pm On May 28, 2017
true talk... me am tired of this strike of a thing

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by goldenson5895(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2017
Should I say he is right?
aregbe tried but little is not enough for a man ( di e omo okunrin o to)
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 28, 2017
What is this one saying
There is no such thing as a self sustaining university. There must always be external funding from either proprietor or industry. Lautech cannot attract industry funding hence the proprietor should fund. Even Living Faith still budgeted 1.6 billion N for Covenant university despite 'high' tuition.
If Aregbe can't fund Lautech then he should leave it for Oyo. As it is right now Lautech is like an orphaned institution, even Oyo that could commit would certainly make sure Osun pays its own fair share before it does.
Lalasticlala
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 28, 2017
if you they lautech and you didn't take jamb form nah you dy do urself oooh

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Nutase: 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
Ogbeni
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Omofunaab2: 3:47pm On May 28, 2017
Aregbesola is right to a large extent.

Ogun State has two universities, Tasued and OOU, it has about three polytechnics yet all are self sustaining. The institutions are saddled with the responsibility of paying workers their salaries while government only gives out subventions once in a while. .I'm not saying the quality of education is good in those institutions but Atleast they were able to solve the issue of non-payment of staff salaries that normally leads to strikes.

Oyo and Osun state government needs to work on how lautech will be less dependent on the state government

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by centoke30(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2017
Statsocial:
What is this one saying
There is no such thing as a self sustaining university. There must always be external funding from either proprietor or industry. Lautech cannot attract industry funding hence the proprietor should fund. Even Living Faith still budgeted 1.6 billion N for Covenant university despite 'high' tuition.
If Aregbe can't fund Lautech then he should leave it for Oyo. As it is right now Lautech is like an orphaned institution, even Oyo that could commit would certainly make sure Osun pays its own fair share before it does.
Lalasticlala
mmmmh, so u re telling me that living faith isn't gaining anything from covenant university?
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by sephryneyo(m): 4:06pm On May 28, 2017
This ogbeni don milk osun dry. luk@ osun allocatn for d past 6mth, he hd mntgage d state & no special infrastuctr despite say na only hm dey run d state, no LG boss & other appointees
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 28, 2017
centoke30:
mmmmh, so u re telling me that living faith isn't gaining anything from covenant university?
They don't make profit from Covenant university. There are profitable businesses within CU but they accrue to CU and not LFC.
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by HzRF(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2017
hardextheprince:
Aregbesola's stand on Lautech university.

When someone is crippled and you say he/she is not running, do you expect him/her to run?
Is it incapacity, inability or disinterest, first of all let us understand this fact, education that must be given free is basic education. Every society owes their citizens quality and compulsory basic education, any adult education is optional, education at the adult stage is optional but because we are running renting economy we don't known what is free.

Lautech, I said it on Gbangbandekun I said gentlemen we cannot be running at this pace, we should use what we have to run the school because tje economy has worsen. Three years ago it became obvious, we are no longer supporting Uniosun. We said Uniosun should fund itself and before then we have cut their school fees from 175,000 to 100,000, 125,000 to 65,000 and yet we denied the university 5% they were getting from local government. Strangely Uniosun with 12,000 students survived.
By the way, Lautech has over 30,000 students and Lautech with an average fee of #60,000 and the different between UniOsun regime fee and LAUTECH is just #5,000.
The question I ask myself is, if Uniosun with 12,000 students with six campuses in different towns can manage his own affairs without pressure on government it is still a puzzle Lautech with 30,000 can not manage his own affairs.

If those workers that are with us refused the modifies salaries and leave work, there would be no government. They realised that if they refused to accept reality there would be no government.
I'm baffled when people refused to live by reality and the reality is not a question of whether am interested or disinterested in funding LAUTECH, it's just that I'm incapable.
As bad as our financial condition, we still contribute to Lautech every month out of the very limited resources we have I still release money for Lautech (though very small) while I haven't done the same for Uniosun.

So the question is not lack of interest or lack of commitment, it's the state financial incapability and the failure of Lautech management to live within their means . but it will change very soon.

We have commissioned a reputable accounting firm that will do personal audit, financial audit of the institution which will let us know where thus the fees of the students go and how many people are there receiving salaries because it's either the money is improperly managed or the staffs are over loathed. What the university received as fees if properly manages and transparently used is enough to run the university successfully.

My appeal to the students is simple let us all go together to get staffs, management and council of the university to be accountable to themselves and to the owners.
I genuinely believe since Uniosun can run on its own, Lautech can do so as well.

It was jointly agreed (2014/15)that the school should no longer pay staff with money she's generating instead it's should be channeled to pension and other things

They never have problem with it then until now when free oil money is no longer flowing, imagine a state getting 30m as allocation

I have been in the same level since 2015

Pls don't say trash

They should pay up
Not trash about school self sustaining herself

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Misterdhee1(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2017
Statsocial:
What is this one saying
Lalasticlala
Even though i don't really stand with what Aregbe said, but the truth is Lautech's future will worsen with only Oyo state as the proprietor. Haven't you heard that the Oyo State gov't has already Kickstarted her own state University? How do we expect a state like Oyo to fund two universities at a go with her financial capabilities in few years to come? Lautech needs to look inward. That, i believe is where the solution lies. Just unfortunate, it is we the students that are baring the unfortunate rot.
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Unimaginable123: 8:16pm On May 28, 2017
Aregbesola should shut up. Oyo state govt should take over the complete control of lautech
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by hardextheprince(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2017
HzRF:

Let me quickly ask you this question can you give what u don't have?

It was jointly agreed (2014/15)that the school should no longer pay staff with money she's generating instead it's should be channeled to pension and other things

They never have problem with it then until now when free oil money is no longer flowing, imagine a state getting 30m as allocation

I have been in the same level since 2015

Pls don't say trash

They should pay up
Not trash about school self sustaining herself
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by centoke30(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2017
Statsocial:

They don't make profit from Covenant university. There are profitable businesses within CU but they accrue to CU and not LFC.
so the aim of the chancellor of the University is to run a deficit acct??
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Na wa
Re: Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University by freelanceojet01: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2017
mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (Reply)

When You Dump A Kasu Girl / University Of Ibadan Transcripts Processing And Forwarding / Students Back To School Checklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.