Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love (524 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. / Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by oyetpel(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2017
My favorite singer ASA, said these words in her song titled 'Questions'.

And here am asking NLanders again, Why is there so much religion yet there's so little love in Nigeria.

We see Churches just a stone throw from each other, same with mosques, but in spite of these religious centres and teaching, atrocities exists, today we hear a pastor defiling a 14 years old girl, pastors charging church to court in other to govern the church, our core Muslims in the north marrying infants, stoning people to death, terrorism.

Am a Christian, and i believe in the existence of Almighty God, but i think religion is just like a cover, something that shields people from the truth, enslave people, judge people and drive people to jungle justice, to perpetuate evil by fake pastors, impoverish the populace.

Does our religion teach us to be bad people?

Does our religion permits us to practice Nepotism?

Does our religion teach us to loot taxpayers money, after you must have been paid huge salary.

Does our religion teach us to enrich only ourselves? Difference between the rich and the poor is glaring in Nigeria.

Does our religion teach us to rape, beat our spouses, enslave little girls as slaves? Did it teach us to be internet scammers?

I think we Nigerians waste our times in our different religion institute in Nigeria, because all we do is go against the written morals of our religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by FieryJustice(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2017
religion is a control device meant to mentally enslave the unintelligible populace.

with the above definition of religion, how can anyone equate it with love.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by teelaw4life(m): 3:13pm On May 28, 2017
Because the purpose of religion isn't to spread love. Religion is created to gain control over and manipulate the people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 28, 2017
oyetpel:
My favorite singer ASA, said these words in her song titled 'Questions'.

And here am asking NLanders again, Why is there so much religion yet there's so little love in Nigeria.

We see Churches just a stone throw from each other, same with mosques, but in spite of these religious centres and teaching, atrocities exists, today we hear a pastor defiling a 14 years old girl, pastors charging church to court in other to govern the church, our core Muslims in the north marrying infants, stoning people to death, terrorism.

Am a Christian, and i believe in the existence of Almighty God, but i think religion is just like a cover, something that shields people from the truth, enslave people, judge people and drive people to jungle justice, to perpetuate evil by fake pastors, impoverish the populace.

Does our religion teach us to be bad people?

Does our religion permits us to practice Nepotism?

Does our religion teach us to loot taxpayers money, after you must have been paid huge salary.

Does our religion teach us to enrich only ourselves? Difference between the rich and the poor is glaring in Nigeria.

Does our religion teach us to rape, beat our spouses, enslave little girls as slaves? Did it teach us to be internet scammers?

I think we Nigerians waste our times in our different religion institute in Nigeria, because all we do is go against the written morals of our religion.

My broda I tire oooo
Re: Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by KevMitnick: 4:54pm On May 28, 2017
Religion is a tool for control. The day I dropped religion and pursued a personal relationship with God, I became free. The good book says "In the last days because wickedness will increase, the love of many shall wax cold", so no surprises.
Re: Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love by An2elect2(f): 6:07pm On May 28, 2017
Men blame anything but their evil, desperately wicked and stony hearts. Where did all these bad religions emanate from? Fell from the sky?

The day we realise how bad we are (that even our "best" is filthy) we would cry for new hearts and stop blaming something that wouldn't exist if we had good hearts.

Now, some arrogant and ignorant peeps are throwing away both the bad and good.
They are not mad at "false" religions but religion. They go about cussing religion not minding that the Bible recognizes pure religion which is the hallmark of the Christian faith.

Lord have mercy on us!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Decline Of Witch Trials In Europe / Miracle Or Not? You Tell Me. / Share Your Supernatural Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.