Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? (602 Views)

Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / I hereby call on Everyone on Earth to be at Alert!!! / Everyone Has An Everlasting Home After Death, It's Either Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by RosaConsidine: 4:53pm On May 28, 2017
This is a bit of a follow up to my earlier thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3826091/what-point-life) but I feel this is a similar but different line of thought and should be treated as such.

Now, I'm not quite certain of what the timeline of some biblical events is (whether Lucifer rebelled against God before creation, whether both happened simultaneously or Lucifer's rebellion came after creation) but what the Bible does say at least are that

1) Lucifer Rebelled
2) God created earth and man
3) The devil tempted man causing him to fall

Asides these though, I can't help wondering: what was God's plan for earth as at creation? Did he create it to be everlasting, without end, going on and on and on interminably? If this was the plan, then man was never going to heaven. Man would always remain on earth and God in heaven, end of story.

On the other hand, did he plan for an end to the earth so man can join in him in heaven? Then the fall of man can be construed to be God's plan all along to get kick-start the process that would ultimately result in the destruction of earth and moving deserving mankind to heaven to be with him forever.

Thoughts?
Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by Pastafarian: 5:01pm On May 28, 2017
are you a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by RosaConsidine: 5:31pm On May 28, 2017
Pastafarian:
are you a Christian?

I would say nominally
Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by jmichlins(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2017
Pastafarian:
are you a Christian?
just because she asked some logical question that unravels the gullibility of Christians. How can omnipotent God make mistake with his creation

1 Like

Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by Pastafarian: 6:15pm On May 28, 2017
jmichlins:
just because she asked some logical question that unravels the gullibility of Christians. How can omnipotent God make mistake with his creation

I'm an atheist, I'm just confused about her stand cuz she seems to be asking deep questions, questions that can somehow turn her irreligious or even atheist
Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 28, 2017
Yes.

Existence in Heaven is a fairy tale - smiley
Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by jmichlins(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2017
Pastafarian:

I'm an atheist, I'm just confused about her stand cuz she seems to be asking deep questions, questions that can somehow turn her irreligious or even atheist
she's seeing the true light only atheism can give
Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 28, 2017
RosaConsidine:
This is a bit of a follow up to my earlier thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3826091/what-point-life) but I feel this is a similar but different line of thought and should be treated as such.

Now, I'm not quite certain of what the timeline of some biblical events is (whether Lucifer rebelled against God before creation, whether both happened simultaneously or Lucifer's rebellion came after creation) but what the Bible does say at least are that

1) Lucifer Rebelled

Asides these though, I can't help wondering: what was God's plan for earth as at creation? Did he create it to be everlasting, without end, going on and on and on interminably? If this was the plan, then man was never going to heaven. Man would always remain on earth and God in heaven, end of story.

On the other hand, did he plan for an end to the earth so man can join in him in heaven? Then the fall of man can be construed to be God's plan all along to get kick-start the process that would ultimately result in the destruction of earth and moving deserving mankind to heaven to be with him forever.

Thoughts?

You have been hanging around too many atheists, why not spend your time reading the word of God so that the Holy Spirit can enlighten your mind?

God created earth for man's good, to exercise our dominion and to fill the earth, at the same time man was created to worship the creator and have a relationship with Him.

If heaven and earth are God's creation, remember in those times God walked the earth and visited man often (read Genesis) so if we are to believe that the earth is God's footstool then we should also agree that God's presence was always here with man even if the earth was where he rested his feet, it still had its use to God

Whatever the case if all things went as God had hoped it would without the intervention of sin there would have been no need to destroy the earth neither would they have been need for man to physically die so this means the earth would have been everlasting and God's presence would have still been felt as it was during the time of Adam and Eve. Remember sin made God to shorten man's lifespan and brought death(read Genesis)

1 Like

Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by CANTICLES: 10:31pm On May 28, 2017
RosaConsidine:

1) Lucifer Rebelled

Thoughts?

Nice question @ bold.

Consider Isaiah 45:18 " For this is what Jehovah says. The Creator of the heavens, the true God, the one who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it , WHO DID NOT CREATE IT SIMPLY FOR NOTHING, but formed it to be INHABITED "

Also Remember:

"  As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
" Psalm 115:16

Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by Pastafarian: 4:03am On May 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Whatever the case if all things went as God had hoped it would without the intervention of sin there would have been no need to destroy the earth neither would they have been need for man to physically die so this means the earth would have been everlasting and God's presence would have still been felt as it was during the time of Adam and Eve. Remember sin made God to shorten man's lifespan and brought death(read Genesis)
I don't mean to rain on your parade but if your god is real and the true god I have to totally disagree with the above

so you're saying an omniscient, omnipotent god had a plan that didn't go well?

can you elucidate on that?

1 Like

Re: Did/does God Intend For The Earth To Be Everlasting? by lepasharon(f): 4:13am On May 29, 2017
Pastafarian:

I don't mean to rain on your parade but if your god is real and the true god I have to totally disagree with the above

so you're saying an omniscient, omnipotent god had a plan that didn't go well?

can you elucidate on that?

They know how to shoot themselves in the foot sha

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Release Price Tag For Services He Renders / Who Heard The Bang? / I Have Never Fallen Under The power of Annoiting,something Wrong With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.