Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc (1722 Views)

Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise / Auditing In Nigeria. Please Help!! / IBs,Stockbrokerage,Auditing Career Paths - Which Serves Best In The Long Term? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by ringofGod: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2010
i need help guys, wanna further my career in this line. anybody knw what prof exams i can take. id really like to talk to nyone in this field currently or if uv bn there b4, pls, i will gve u a call if nd be.i nd some expert advice, thnks a lot.
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by Avenir(m): 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
I do auditing, process improvement, governance, risk management, security, project assurance, etc. I might be able to advice. What is your professional background?
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by ringofGod: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2010
i have been working with the inspections deprtment of my company for a year after service, altho i served in the same company in a similar capacity. I also have a certificate in quality assurance and management from the CQI. problem is, I want to advance in this field but tdont know what route to take, i would really appreciate ur help pls in any way u can. Thanks,
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by Avenir(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
ringofGod:

i have been working with the inspections deprtment of my company for a year after service, altho i served in the same company in a similar capacity. I also have a certificate in quality assurance and management from the CQI. problem is, I want to advance in this field but tdont know what route to take, i would really appreciate your help pls in any way u can. Thanks,
It seems like you're mainly interested in QA. I have not worked in QA and I might not be the best person to advice you in that area. I have however worked in the same team as QA guys. The defacto qualification is ISO 9000 Lead Auditor. I’ll advice you to take this training if you want to be taken seriously as a QA person.

As it sounds like you already know where you want to go. You’re only asking about how to get there. I’ll advice you to do a google search for related jobs on job sites based in matured economies like the UK, US and Canada . This would give you an idea of the kind of skill, experience and qualification sought after in this field (everywhere including Nigeria) and this will help focus your career direction.  Take a look at the following links:

http://www.workcircle.co.uk/jobs/?ad=google&keywords=Quality%20Assurance%20Engineer%20Job&adtype=Content&creative=2142147901&googlekeywords=Quality%20Assurance&gclid=CMegsIrirp8CFRth4woddRDpLw

http://www.cv-library.co.uk/cgi-bin/searchjobs.cgi?q=quality%20assurance&search=1&suggest=1

http://www.careerjet.co.uk/jobs-quality-assurance.html

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSeeking/(Quality%20Assurance).html

Cheers!
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by ringofGod: 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
avenir, thanks a whole lot, youv been of such help, God bless u real gd for this.

House, is there anyone who knows about professional qualifications in Nigeria related to Quality Assurance/proc improvement/auditing and the likes, come on guys, thr must be someone, u can leave ur nmber if u dont wanna type much. I'll give u a call. pls guys, i nd this,

Thanks once again Avenir.
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by DisGuy: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2010
You should also consider Six Sigma certification

browse through the certification board
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
My name is Bolodeoku Oladipo, I work with ASQE African School of Quality and Engineering Studies, In Lagos. V.I.
We train people in the courses you specified. Visit our website for more details www.asqe.org or call me: 07031001670. We are affliated with Capable People in U.K. You can also visit capablepeople.co.uk to verify more.
All our certificates are UK certs.
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by ringofGod: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2010
thanks thanks guyss, keep em coming, very grateful,
Re: Quality Control/proc Improvment/ Auditing Etc by ringofGod: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2010
sirnbolo, iv looked thru ur webiste, information there is really insufficient. I have also sent u guys an email requesting for some info? Thers no address on ur page either, was thinking of going down there to see thngs for myself,
Thanks a lot for the info tho, ddnt know such exsisted in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Salary Range: National Maritime Authority Nigeria / Where Can One Get Post-Graduate Training In Media Skills? / Total E&P Project Engineer Aptitude And Technica Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.