Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,664 members, 7,959,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise (1208 Views)

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by mayo47(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
I am on the verge leaving an auditing job i started 6 months ago for one in consulting (venture management/investment appraisal), i here all sorts about how good having an auditing experience for say 2 years is in the long run but am not sure if it can help attain my target in corporate finance/investment route.

Please help!!
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by unofficial(m): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
I'm on the verge of leaving a consulting job for an audit one.

I'm more confused than you are now.

Consulting is a nice industry to be though. Research has shown that.
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by jamanuka: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls knowledgeable folks on this should weigh in..Am quite interested in the responses
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by mayo47(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2015
Just views, please need knowledgable comments

Jarus
davide470
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by davide470(m): 1:04am On Sep 13, 2015
Consulting is diverse. It opens you to Research and the likes especially if you are consulting for the FSI (Financial Service Industries)..

Audit is just Audit.. Nothing more to add. You don't do any research, just take the books and follow the laid down principles..

Also, aside the experience in consulting to fit for a Corporate Finance role, starting CFA would really be an added advantage.
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by ElDeeVee(m): 2:56am On Sep 13, 2015
davide470:
Consulting is diverse. It opens you to Research and the likes especially if you are consulting for the FSI (Financial Service Industries)..

Audit is just Audit.. Nothing more to add. You don't do any research, just take the books and follow the laid down principles..

Also, aside the experience in consulting to fit for a Corporate Finance role, starting CFA would really be an added advantage.
Nice one bro
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by thirty(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
davide470:

You are right but may I ask you where the professional consultants gain there experience from? Its surely through training and seminar.

As begginer or determine audit trainnee you cwn become a very good consultant. Auidt profession cut across audit, tax, forensic, insolvency, treasury management, research even company secretary. The audit training will make you bold, authoritative and increase your wisdom if you train with a good audit manager.
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by mayo47(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by wallmosh: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2015
davide470:

Following. More details for newbies
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by wallmosh: 12:15am On Nov 23, 2015
davide470:

Thanks for your golden piece. For one willing to start with CFA, is he going to include the intention in his cv prior to writing exam or he should delay till he is able to excel in the Level 1 exam. I will be glad for your take on this
Re: Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise by davide470(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
wallmosh:

Thanks for your golden piece. For one willing to start with CFA, is he going to include the intention in his cv prior to writing exam or he should delay till he is able to excel in the Level 1 exam. I will be glad for your take on this
After Level 1, it would then be good to include it on your CV.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Call Centre Agents To Drag Gbenga Adebayo To Court / Pls Help, My Gionee GN5001L Is Giving Me Problem / Fashion Designing Or Photography: Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.