Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola (17227 Views)

Management Announces The Immediate & Indefinite Closure Of FUOYE / LAUTECH Students Stage Peaceful Protest In Osogbo Over Indefinite Closure Of Sch / Crutech On Indefinite Closure Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by iloveophyta: 9:12am On May 29, 2017
You cannot imagine I'm still in a Level since 2015. Nd diz man is saying nonsense. Nigerians pls pray 4 Lautech

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by soflygerian(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2017
iloveophyta:
You cannot imagine I'm still in a Level since 2015. Nd diz man is saying nonsense. Nigerians pls pray 4 Lautech
chei, chei, chei,.... Ehyaaaaa....
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by aytinto(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2017
Akala wanted LAUTECH for Oyo alone Osun was shouting then, now they are financially incapable.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Bowwow11(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2017
watchworldpro:
Wait o. Is Lautech not in Oyo state? What is Aregbesolas own? Shebi he is the governor of Osun state... am confused o.
the skul is jointly own by oyo and osun state they both run the finance of the skul together
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by rockerbolla(m): 10:31am On May 29, 2017
But you have money for Party abi......
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Gerrard59(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2017
Coming from a place where it was reported has a bigger economy than the South East. Had many enterprises: OBeef, Oindustry, O this, O that.

Where are Gbawe et al.,?

Beaf dealt with them then. grin grin grin

The people of Osun deserve whatever they are passing through. Leaders are not imported, they come from the populace.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by bossrillboss: 11:29am On May 29, 2017
the funny part is dat if dis idiot decide to seek for dia votes into office again is d same jobless youth,striking students dat will cari d mata on dia head nd b shouting omoluabi upandan,lik sme1 selling gala for expressway.naija youths sha.Smh

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by igwebuike01: 11:49am On May 29, 2017
ghuzy01:

The school is owned by the old Oyo state (consisting of Oyo and Osun ) and the ownership has not been separated till now..so both states contribute to run the university.
after state creation, the state where the university is located is supposed to inherit the university. Enugu state inherited ESUT from old anambra state consisting of Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi states
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Adedayobusayo12(f): 12:03pm On May 29, 2017
First timer
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by babalolaabayo(m): 12:15pm On May 29, 2017
Mad man how will he have money...a never do well human being....oloriboo sumbody....
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by mfm04622: 12:48pm On May 29, 2017
Pavore9:
And some are die-hard legionaries of these Politicians! angry

The stupid man knows what t do but don't have the political will to do it. Osun State is in the last 3 nationwide in terms of population. It is also small size wise. But Osun's civil service wage bill is second only to Lagos in South West! Also in top 10 nationwide. Who are those civil servants serving? He didn't even confirm if there are ghost workers in the state. The state of bleeped up for the next 20 years IF they have serious governor throughout that period! They are bleeped for ever if they don't! I pity them!
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by mfm04622: 12:53pm On May 29, 2017
igwebuike01:

after state creation, the state where the university is located is supposed to inherit the university. Enugu state inherited ESUT from old anambra state consisting of Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi states

At the creation, they agree to jointly own the school. During this crisis, Oyo state where the school is located is ready to take over the school but Osun is not willing to give up part ownership. So what can Oyo do?
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Israel4desmond(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2017
bossrillboss:
the funny part is dat if dis idiot decide to seek for dia votes into office again is d same jobless youth,striking students dat will cari d mata on dia head nd b shouting omoluabi upandan,lik sme1 selling gala for expressway.naija youths sha.Smh

Sad but true
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Opeakins(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2017
stupid govt.....dey coudnt even make any of dere promises @ all
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by roeb1987(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2017
What do u expect from a bloody illetrate who got his certificate somewhere in Lagos! Someone who doesn't value education at all. I pity parents of 0sun children who are praising this idiot for given their children ocultic kampala he called uniform. shame on u Aregbe God is bigger than u.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by DJInfluence: 2:23pm On May 29, 2017
Sell the damn school if Govt can´t take care of it. No Money as an excuse to deny the young ones education. This is baffling really. It says alot about the kind of leaders who have. can´t the govt cut cost elsewhere to ensure that the school remains open?
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by CioAngels(f): 9:42pm On May 29, 2017
EDonHappen:

– OSUN STATE GOVERNOR, RAUF AREGBESOLA SAYS THAT THE STATE IS ‘FINANCIALLY INCAPABLE’ OF RUNNING LAUTECH.

Osun state governor, Rauf Aregbesola has openly lamented about the crisis his government is having with students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology(LAUTECH). The institution has been shut down for months now due to the government’s inability to release funds.

Students of LAUTECH have been holding several protests with the latest being occurring last Wednesday and Thursday. They stormed the state capital, Osogbo, wielding placards and condemning the government’s attitude towards the problem. The protest totally shut down activities in the state capital as vehicular movements were halted for over eight hours.

In response, Aregbesola denied statements that his government was not concerned with the issue, he revealed that the problem could not be tackled due to poor finances. He told journalists during a media night out in the Government House, which was part of activities to commemorate his 60th birthday, that “this is not a matter of not having interest in LAUTECH. With the economic realities on ground, I cannot continue with the pattern of funding the school because we are financially incapacitated”.

Meanwhile students of LAUTECH have resorted to sleeping on the streets in protest of the indefinite closure of their school

He further stated;

“I am incapable. The funds are not just there. Though I still make contributions and my deputy governor is here to testify that I still sign cheques to make payment every month to LAUTECH. It is small. It is not a matter of interest, but incapacity. The failure of the management to live within its means is another issue”.

“We stop giving financial support to Osun State University (UNIOSUN), an institution with about 12,000 student population about three years ago and the university is still running on its own till today. The population of LAUTECH is about 33,000 and the difference between the tuition fees being paid by LAUTECH and UNIOSUN is not much,”

However, he disclosed that a private audit firm had been commissioned by both Oyo and Osun, co-owners of the University, to carry out a total audit of the institution’s management and finances.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/05/lautech-indefinite-closure-dont-money-aregbesola/
Mr aregbesola, return all the money mearn't for the school that you have stolen to fund your wife's school and other business. Awon ole ifo.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Busba1122: 4:13am On Dec 13, 2019
A new dimension of online gaming Simply click >>> slotxo
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Busba1122: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Come and try playing the game with us straight away. >>>> slotxo
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Busba1122: 4:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Give away free games. The more you play, the more ripe. >>> slotxo
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Busba1122: 3:40am On Dec 28, 2019
Giving away free games at the end of the year. Click now. >>>> slotxo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Adopts Chukwuka Okonjo's Double Intake Educational System / FUTMINNA Suspends Academic Activities, Students To Vacate Campus / Kogi State Polytechnic Named After Prince Abubakar Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.