Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Please how do I Handle This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please how do I Handle This (1986 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 28, 2017
Goodday ...
This is my story.....im married to a single mum.....and she was sepearated for about 3years and we got married after a year from divorce....

she has custody of their 2kids from d previous marriage and thrir dad usually pick them up on weekends....and most of d time, he would stay in d car while d kids go out to meet him because my wife told me he stopped him from coming into d house even before I came here.

so yesterday he came to pick d kids in d morning, my wife went out to discuss something wit him and she came in to make him some coffee while d kids took that out for him coz obviously my wife didn't want him coming in.....fast forward to d night, he brought d kids back and immediately followed them into d house....I heard him talking but fortunately I was in d room....then after a while, my wife came in and ask me if I would like to meet d kids dad........
I felt so uncomfortable, even though he knew about me already and I just said "No im not prepared to meet with anybody" I guess my wife felt bad about it that she couldn't sleep over night.....please have I over reacted, or was it jealousy on my part thst made me turned down meeting him......pls how do I handle this as this might still occur someday.....is it proper for him coming into d house?
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 28, 2017
First of all, are you Nigerian? (That's inconsequential. I'm just asking )
Sooner or later, you've got to meet the dad of her kids. Whether you like it or not, he's always going to be in the picture due to the fact that he's your wife's ex and she has kids for him. I know it's going to be really awkward but then you just have to suck it up and show him who's screwing her now grin
But on a more serious note, you didn't overreact. Did she expect you to just jump up immediately and go shake hands with the ex husband? These kind of meetings usually take lots of time and mental preparation so don't allow her or anyone else pressure you into meeting the man until you're ready to.

11 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 28, 2017
yes im a Nigerian...
cool.....found ur words helpful
Re: Please how do I Handle This by majamajic(m): 12:27am On May 29, 2017
The best thing should have been to relocate to a new house. Cos in this very house u can't be bold enough to meet the ex husband.

U didn't over react, just try and relocate your family to a new place.

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by ifex370(m): 12:34am On May 29, 2017
Beverly1:
Goodday ...
This is my story.....im married to a single mum.....and she was sepearated for about 3years and we got married after a year from divorce....

she has custody of their 2kids from d previous marriage and thrir dad usually pick them up on weekends....and most of d time, he would stay in d car while d kids go out to meet him because my wife told me he stopped him from coming into d house even before I came here.

so yesterday he came to pick d kids in d morning, my wife went out to discuss something wit him and she came in to make him some coffee while d kids took that out for him coz obviously my wife didn't want him coming in.....fast forward to d night, he brought d kids back and immediately followed them into d house....I heard him talking but fortunately I was in d room....then after a while, my wife came in and ask me if I would like to meet d kids dad........
I felt so uncomfortable, even though he knew about me already and I just said "No im not prepared to meet with anybody" I guess my wife felt bad about it that she couldn't sleep over night.....please have I over reacted, or was it jealousy on my part thst made me turned down meeting him......pls how do I handle this as this might still occur someday.....is it proper for him coming into d house?

Don't forget to jonze your wife about it oo.. So she doesn't over think n starts to feel bad..

Find a way of making the whole scenerio look like a really funny comedy show
Re: Please how do I Handle This by chrisj2(m): 12:44am On May 29, 2017
You should have given your wife the evil eye and then calmly shook his hand and try not to make conversation, at least be aloof.

The wife should have prepared you or least discuss things with you.

Her rule of not allowing the dad in the house is not right; if it is a rule, not an understanding. Taking coffee to the ex outside and him coming every week shows they are civil and not enemies.

You have upset your wife by being impolite and unnecessarily difficult.

Just go and meet the guy yourself next time he comes to pick up the kids. Or you can all go out as one family to his car and you say hello and leave them to it.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by CandidSeeker(m): 12:51am On May 29, 2017
The man probably wanted to say thank you, based on good reports he got from the kids concerning you.

Handle it well next time.

-Peace

4 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 1:06am On May 29, 2017
CandidSeeker:

The man probably wanted to say thank you, based on good reports he got from the kids concerning you.

Handle it well next time.

-Peace
I think u might be right..
.because I try as much as possible to buy them gift everytime I can afford one....not sure if they tell him about that.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 1:08am On May 29, 2017
chrisj2:
You should have given your wife the evil eye and then calmly shook his hand and try not to make conversation, at least be aloof.

The wife should have prepared you or least discuss things with you.

Her rule of not allowing the dad in the house is not right; if it is a rule, not an understanding. Taking coffee to the ex outside and him coming every week shows they are civil and not enemies.

You have upset your wife by being impolite and unnecessarily difficult.

Just go and meet the guy yourself next time he comes to pick up the kids. Or you can all go out as one family to his car and you say hello and leave them to it.
No they are not enemies as they have to discuss where welfare and child support. on d phone most times....
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 1:10am On May 29, 2017
majamajic:
The best thing should have been to relocate to a new house. Cos in this very house u can't be bold enough to meet the ex husband.

U didn't over react, just try and relocate your family to a new place.
relocating abit faraway from him would have been the best.....but moving houses here is not cheap....
could cost about $4000 or more....
Re: Please how do I Handle This by tron23(m): 2:16am On May 29, 2017
You shouldn't have gotten yourself into this situation. Anyway, my advice is for you to take your time. Don't let anyone rush you into meeting him. Try and prepare yourself mentally before you meet him. However, you don't have to meet him. That's my own say.

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by sisisioge: 2:17am On May 29, 2017
Be civil to him. No cause to be jealous or alienate yourself from him. So long as he is in his kids lives, he's in your life as well cos you are in his kids' lives grin Be civil...its a long drive man.

2 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by dingbang(m): 5:46am On May 29, 2017
Women think its just so easy for guys who are in her life at one point in time to just meet and shake hands together

I am even wondering how the conversation would be like..if he was unprepared...

3 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by TheeDetective: 5:55am On May 29, 2017
Well this is what happens when you marry a single mum and someday you will have to face up to meet the father of her children but don’t allow her or anyone else to put pressure on you into doing what you are not ready to do yet. If it was you that had the children from a previous relationship would your wife be so willing to meet the mother of your children? undecided Meet him when you are ready and not when pressured.

6 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Acidosis(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2017
What's the point of relocating as advised here?

Dude is expected to meet his kids on weekends, it doesn't matter whether they relocate to Jupiter.

By the way, why move in to live with your new wife? It is not appropriate please, you've got to rent your own apartment. That way you can earn absolute respect from your wife and her ex husband.

I don't buy the idea of entertaining an ex with tea and all that nonsense. You guys are dinning with the devil. Do not be deceived, a single mom will forever be attached to an ex husband by virtue of the existing bond (kids). The idea of meeting each other on a weekly basis has great repercussions.

3 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nutase: 8:43am On May 29, 2017
You sound matured. Meet him when you are prepared to prevent awkward reactions.

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 10:10am On May 29, 2017
thanks for all.your mature comments ...
really help

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by firstking01(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2017
Beverly1:
yes im a Nigerian...
cool.....found ur words helpful
And why in fvcks name would you marry a woman who's been married before with two kids and the supposed husband man is still very much alive and hearty even to the extend of having closed discussion with your supposed wife huh....i don't even know what to call you.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Mpeka(m): 7:50pm On May 29, 2017
Surprise that you can just jump up and call someone my wife simply because you paid some money on her head. You really forgot that that thing is "till death do us part".
Better go look for your wife and part way with another man's wife. Abi your name na Tokumbo?
On a very serious note if you are a Christian that is the best advice for you. It may look insulting but that's the truth.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 29, 2017
firstking01:
And why in fvcks name would you marry a woman who's been married before with two kids and the supposed husband man is still very much alive and hearty even to the extend of having closed discussion with your supposed wife huh....i don't even know what to call you.

SMH, The same reason we should ask you why you are commenting here. You should be in the children section smiley

5 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by firstking01(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2017
cruchenuti:

SMH, The same reason we should ask you why you are commenting here. You should be in the children section smiley
God4bid, just imagine your response....you sound so irresponsible...if i wanna tell you all the things in my mind they might ban me and you won't sleep well this night i swear...just imagineundecided…and i'm sure your supposed "wife" is busy fvcking the real husband cos you sound like a love peddler playing a second fiddle, mtcheew....shame.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 29, 2017
firstking01:
God4bid, just imagine your response....you sound so irresponsible...if i wanna tell you all the things in my mind they might ban me and you won't sleep well this night i swear...just imagineundecided…and i'm sure your supposed "wife" is busy fvcking the real husband cos you sound like a love peddler playing a second fiddle, mtcheew....shame.
bto not sure u are wanted or appreciated on my post..

...could u pls stay off....some of ur post I've checked says alot about u...

peace

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by firstking01(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2017
Beverly1:
bto not sure u are wanted or appreciated on my post..

...could u pls stay off....some of ur post I've checked says alot about u...

peace
Who is the original poster cos it seems like i'm having two people adressing me on the same issue??....

As for my post i can bet my life they say positive things abt me cos i don't post trash...

I'm just disapoint in you or whoever is responsible for this thread.....

Answer my question, why would you bypass all the single and responsible girls that come your way to marry a woman with two kids already and who's husband is still hale and hearty??....my anger this night is, the owner of the two kids still communicates and visit your supposed wife right under your nosesad....you messing up big timeundecided

Has it ever occured to the three of you, i.e, you, your supposed "wife" and the owner of the two kids that y'all are committing adultery at every encompassing seconds of your existenceundecided?....

Well, i'm sure ya lots do not know this or you might know but delibrately chosed to wallow in ignorance....

My heartfelt advice, leave the woman for her real husband, go look for your own God giving wife.....

Have a goodnight and have you now seen that i don't post trash?, guess you are convinced now cool.

4 Likes

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 29, 2017
firstking01:

Hey lad, please tell me all the things on your mind. I've already had a nice dinner + some aftermath sex. I sure would sleep well tonight. So bring it on.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by firstking01(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2017
cruchenuti:

Hey lad, please tell me all the things on your mind. I've already had a nice dinner + some aftermath sex. I sure would sleep well tonight. So bring it on.
Comb this thread you'd see my comment where i 've adressed the issue, i'd think i 've already placed you where you belong....if you are the original poster then you are a shame till tomorrow....

Sex+dinner you say?....lwkmd, i give up mehhn.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 29, 2017
firstking01:
Comb this thread you'd see my comment where i 've adressed the issue, i'd think i 've already placed you where you belong....if you are the original poster then you are a shame till tomorrow....

Sex+dinner you say?....lwkmd, i give up mehhn.

Is that All ?
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Bigsteveg(m): 12:51am On May 30, 2017
Nope, u didn't overreact. You can meet him when u feel you are emotionally ready. And why's your wife discussing with him outside for what?

U self try,what are u doing with someone that has two kids. Are u divorced with kids as well?
Beverly1:
Goodday ...

Re: Please how do I Handle This by wadetaw202: 1:38am On May 30, 2017
Acidosis:
What's the point of relocating as advised here?

Dude is expected to meet his kids on weekends, it doesn't matter whether they relocate to Jupiter.

By the way, why move in to live with your new wife? It is not appropriate please, you've got to rent your own apartment. That way you can earn absolute respect from your wife and her ex husband.

I don't buy the idea of entertaining an ex with tea and all that nonsense. You guys are dinning with the devil. Do not be deceived, a single mom will forever be attached to an ex husband by virtue of the existing bond (kids). The idea of meeting each other on a weekly basis has great repercussions.

You reason like an african, bro. In dat yonder place, hubby live in wife's house.
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 2:15am On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

You reason like an african, bro. In dat yonder place, hubby live in wife's house.
lol......
..even if I pay $5k to move us into another apartment, the house still belongs to her.....she can decide not to let me in if I misbehave....or if devil enter her head
....na their way of life here....
Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 9:55am On May 30, 2017
firstking01:
Who is the original poster cos it seems like i'm having to people adressing me on the same issue??....

As for my post i can bet my life they say positive things abt me cos i don't post trash...

I'm just disapoint in you or whoever is responsible for this thread.....

Answer my question, why would you bypass all the single and responsible girls that come your way to marry a woman with two kids already and who's husband is still hale and hearty??....my anger this night is, the owner of the two kids still communicates and visit your supposed wife right under your nosesad....you messing up big timeundecided

Has it ever occured to the three of you, i.e, you, your supposed "wife" and the owner of the two kids that y'all are committing adultery at every encompassing seconds of your existenceundecided?....

Well, i'm sure ya lots do not know this or you might know but delibrately chosed to wallow in ignorance....

My heartfelt advice, leave the woman for her real husband, go look for your own God giving wife.....

Have a goodnight and have you now seen that i don't post trash?, guess you are convinced now cool.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by Nobody: 9:59am On May 30, 2017
Mpeka:
Surprise that you can just jump up and call someone my wife simply because you paid some money on her head. You really forgot that that thing is "till death do us part".
Better go look for your wife and part way with another man's wife. Abi your name na Tokumbo?
On a very serious note if you are a Christian that is the best advice for you. It may look insulting but that's the truth.

so you are not sure if he is a Christian or not and you are already imposing your views on him.
marriage is not a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Please how do I Handle This by sarahade(f): 12:24pm On May 30, 2017
Beverly1:
Goodday ...

You don't have to meet him if you don't want to.
But if it will affect your relationship with your wife just say hello and that is all.

(1) (Reply)

Interior Design / Air-conditioner And TV / Jamaican Bride Dumps New Husband 20 MINUTES After Arriving In The UK... And Gues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.