Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me (1679 Views)

Wife Tricks Her Husband Into Believing He Is Father Of Their 3 Kids / SEE DRAMA! Family Sends Man To The Mental Hospital For Not Believing In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Oyinlomobambam(m): 1:45am On May 29, 2017
This is a post from a good friend and I want nairalander to pls advice

Their was a time am financially buoyant and I think I tried my best to make everyone around me happy in one way or the other. Now all is not going on well cos I lose my job a year ago and still managing the resource I have left, but people close to me didn't believe am broke. They still want me given them like before, even my mom didn't believe I don't have money cos one of my uncle came to me to borrow money to boost his business and I told him am broke for now that I can't be of help. But to my surprise, my mom came the following day that I should pls borrow him that he'll return it later, I told her that she knew am not working for now and I don't have money but she was like "you don't work doesn't mean you don't have money"
Is it because I don't complain to them?
is it because I didn't wear one cloth?
is it because am trying to survive on my own

Please how do I make them know am very broke?
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by poshestmina(f): 2:02am On May 29, 2017
grin grin start acting broke. Start with collecting money from your mom, she'll help me pass the message across to any "intending borrower or begger".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by African101(m): 2:07am On May 29, 2017
That is human being for you bro. Try to explain better to them so they won't have negative thoughts about you.
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:26am On May 29, 2017
African101:
That is human being for you bro. Try to explain better to them so they won't have negative thoughts about you.

Hmm, u mean it's natural?
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:27am On May 29, 2017
poshestmina:
grin grin start acting broke. Start with collecting money from your mom, she'll help me pass the message across to any "intending borrower or begger".

Doesn't know how to complain
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by ipobarecriminals: 2:33am On May 29, 2017
U dnt need to wear cloth inside out or act strange b4 they believe u.Seem dey see u a father xmas.If u have a family(married with kids),I dnt think they'll come and knock ur door anytime for one thing or the other. Just tell them ALL WILL BE WELL.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by hola106(m): 3:22am On May 29, 2017
ok
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by matinos28(m): 6:29am On May 29, 2017
God ll see u thru bro.....I get that a lot from my GFs. Maybe until they see us looking tattered and homeless then they ll believe money no dey.
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by MmmS(f): 7:05am On May 29, 2017
tell them to park well and gerrara here

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by egopersonified(f): 7:51am On May 29, 2017
when they ask, do you give them money?. do you still spend the way you used to on yourself? do you have a rich sugar boyfriend? do you have another source of income apart from your former job? did you win a lottery or inherit some money and/or property? was your severance pay huge? do they know how much you have in your account?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then they are right, you are not broke.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Nobody: 8:22am On May 29, 2017
Then act broke.
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by dominique(f): 8:30am On May 29, 2017
Our people's sense of entitlement thoug. Tell them point blank that you don't have excess cash to spare, except if they want you to go and steal or do money rituals (that doesn't even exist).

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by eyinjuege: 10:14am On May 29, 2017
Oyinlomobambam:

Well, now's the time to learn how to complain.

Starting with your mother, tell her you borrowed money from a bank, and they are after you. If you don't live in your own house, tell her your landlord is threatening to throw you out. You just need 500k.

She needs to help you run around to get the money. Even if she gets the money, put it in a fixed deposit and don't pay back till after a year. I'm sure that'll pass on the message quite effectively.
When paying back, just kindly remind her that you always expect your mum to protect your interests regardless of who's ox is gored. Just a subtle reminder of where her loyalties should lie.

Meanwhile, just to remind you that you owe yourself a lot, and your future children. If your youthful years is spent catering to other people's needs ( to be honest, I won't be surprised if those you loan money don't pay back, that's Nigerian mentality. Better to 'dash what you can afford to let go) then your old age may be difficult.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by StevensJojo(f): 11:22am On May 29, 2017
Oyinlomobambam:

But here you are complaining on nairaland smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Noloss(f): 11:45am On May 29, 2017
Oyinlomobambam:

Their was a time am financially buoyant and I think I tried my best to make everyone around me happy in one way or the other. Now all is not going on well cos I lose my job a year ago and still managing the resource I have left, but people close to me didn't believe am broke. They still want me given them like before, even my mom didn't believe I don't have money cos one of my uncle came to me to borrow money to boost his business and I told him am broke for now that I can't be of help. But to my surprise, my mom came the following day that I should pls borrow him that he'll return it later, I told her that she knew am not working for now and I don't have money but she was like "you don't work doesn't mean you don't have money"

Hmmm, ur story reminds me of d drama we faced in 2011 when my husband ( a banker)lost his job. His mother requested for money and we have nothing to give her then. We have a boy, i was 7months pregnant and I haven't secured my job then do u know that his mother stopped communicating with us for close to a year- Not even when I put to bed. I cannot count d amount of money spent on her health at uch, her business, etc.

Just last month, one of my hubby's relation called his uncle to report him when we couldn't afford all they requested from us. That was d last straw that broke d camel's back. This same uncle has never call my hubby to know how he was fairing ever since 2011, buy because we have never complained to any of his relation DAT we don't have what to eat, pay d children school fees, pay all other bills,etc
Shey before I use to borrow money for them if they r in need, they still have d gut to be reporting us for a demand that is not our responsibility. I told my hubby point black that it is his fault any way.

U know why? Uptill now he has not gotten much doing, we've been living on my salary and it has not been easy at all. I expected him to have let them know this by actions- complaint, not borrowing for them.
Man wise up! God will bless u again, u will get another gud job but please invest for ur self.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by EfemenaXY: 12:04pm On May 29, 2017
Oyinlomobambam:

Your friend doesn't owe anyone any explanation, neither is he obliged to give out money to anyone who asks, whether or not he can or can't afford to.

Nigerians with their entitlement mentality. Mtcheew.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by African101(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2017
Not really, but it is a common thing.

Oyinlomobambam:

Hmm, u mean it's natural?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by doyinbaby(f): 4:51pm On May 29, 2017
You better stand your ground that you are no longer working and you don't have money to give....lest they finish you....trust me they will all desert you....wise and plan your life with what you have left

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by MmmS(f): 7:18am On May 30, 2017
dominique:
Our people's sense of entitlement thoug. Tell them point blank that you don't have excess cash to spare, except if they want you to go and steal or do money rituals (that doesn't even exist).
if money rituals don't exist explain all the women that end up without heads after going out with mysterious rich men in Nigeria. So you think they take their heads off waka go play snooker abi?
Me sef i think you are a money ritualist trying to lure unsuspecting people into your trap. Your plans will not work!!! Your have been exposed!!!
Lalastic come and see this ritualist in sheep's clothing! Everyone come and see ritualist o!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:45pm On May 31, 2017
StevensJojo:
But here you are complaining on nairaland smh

shatup

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by StevensJojo(f): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2017
Oyinlomobambam:

shatup
hmm
Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Monogamy: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
hmmmmmmmmm.. How many do you want make i yarn.. me don gbakamu

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me by Dlionsheart: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Everyone is not believing you because you've not send enough strong massage in a very clear term about your current financial status. And untill you do that they will certainly be disturbing you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stuck In Abuja / Some Few Girls Run When I Tell Them My Age. / Photo: Pastor’s Wife Bathes Sister With Hot Water For Not Selling Paw Paw!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.