Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,857 members, 7,956,232 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

An Introverted Nigerian - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Introverted Nigerian (3495 Views)

Ways To Deal With An Introverted Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2017
Hey guys! Here comes October! So happy to be alive, hale and hearty. I so much look forward to this month.

Why? Hmm, I guess I am just happy to witness a new month. New month, new beginning.

I have a lot of things on my mind for October. Don’t worry, I will drop my plans or list of things to do.

Here comes October

I am a Nigerian. You might know that already. Some years ago, about 57 years to be precise, my beautiful country Nigeria gained her independence.

Here comes October – Happy new month

She was under the British prior to her independence. Nigeria was finally free on the 1st of October, 1960. That day birth the Nigeria I live in now. October 1, a movie by Kunle Afolayan can give you little insight about that day. It was such an interesting movie. I loved it!

I could remember back then as a little girl, I love singing Nigeria My Beloved Country by Funmi Adams. This was a fun memory. I had so much faith in my country and I still do.

Today, my beloved country is a year older. Nigeria, a land of milk and honey. A land with rich soil.

My plans

Plans! For someone who was looking forward to this month, I should have clears goals for the month.

What will be the point if I don’t have these goals?

Here comes October – October plans

The plans … Drum rolls

Same as last month although there will be some modifications.

A laptop: I will be getting this tomorrow. So happy. This should have been checked on my September list.

Focus: I really need this because have a lot on my ‘plate’ and I need to ‘eat’ all but I lack ‘appetite’

Let go of an addiction: There is this weblog that focus on just tales and I am addicted to that weblog. Sometimes, I sleep late just reading meaningless stories. These stories affect my thoughts.

Make new friends: I don’t know how this will work out but a new friend or two wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/10/01/here-comes-october-happy-new-month/
Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
It's been 10 days into the new month, the beautiful month of October. My 10 days achievement for this month.

10 days achievement for the month of Octpber2017
It is raining presently

That means I am tying this with a hot cup of tea. This month have been kinda cool. I will say extremely cool.

10 days achievement

Things that I have achieved in 10 days.

I have a new laptop: I got the laptop on the 2nd of this month. After a little agreement with the guy, the guy I got the laptop from, I set out on Monday morning. Prior to this time, I have contacted a few people to know if they had a laptop on ground and most replied with a no. Those that replied with yes, showed me laptops I didn't like. I publish a post later on about that day.

YAY! A new laptop - NaijaIntrovert

No money made yet: About this, I haven't been submitting proposals to potential clients. Also, I have not been active on my social media platforms. Oh, my freelance account? That has not been in use. I am hoping I get a project real soon. I kinda lost two clients, sorry two potential clients due to poor communication on my part. Both were ready or let me say, I felt they were ready to work with me.

New project?: This is going well. In fact, great. I have put efforts in this and I hope it yields great results later in the future. I want a very near future. The project had been taking a lot of my time. Not only that, I've had the opportunity to acquire a new skill.

letting go of my addiction: This had been going well until I came across a short story that almost leads me to read stories from that site. I thought about the stories I have read and shook away my thoughts. Those stories are fictions but they were written in such a way I took them to be real.

No new friends yet and I am not bothered. I still have my old friends with me.

Communication is key. Effective communication is a great thing. I know this already but losing two clients made me realize it more. I also think this is also having an effect on my blog.

Good people still exist: I happened to experience this on last Friday night and the Saturday morning that follows. I am also one of the good people if you are thinking otherwise. Don't think you are though.

People sometimes don't remember 'your' good days. Just keep on being you and have a clear mind towards everyone.
Impact lives when you can. I have done little I could do. One of the students I teach gave me a gift. "Thank you for impacting our lives", Timi said to me. I smiled. They are good kids and I wish them the very best of life.

Worrying is not good. The funniest thing is, it won't even solve the problem. I have let go of worry and you should too if you are one who 'worry' a lot.

That's a wrap, people!

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/10/10/10-days-achievement/
Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hey guys! It’s been so long here. I do miss this – talking,chatting, and getting to share whatever is on my mind or say, my thoughts. Well, going for First job interview soonest? I’ve got tips for you.

Happy New month and I hope you’re good.

First job interview - 8 tips from an introvert

A lot happened to me during the break from the blog. hopefully, I’ll keep you updated while we go on.

Starting off with tips, advice, etc.

Listen up, friends – introverts and well, everyone! You’ve scaled through the “first job search” phase? Awesome you are called back – phone call, email or whatever means the company messaged you with.

Congratulations on getting a called back. Yah! NaijaIntrovert, it’s awesome and then (Insert sad face) – You’re mind-talking to me right? I hear you, friend.

Stop biting your nails because your are going for your first job interview. It’s might even be the second interview, the third one, …, to infinite (I do hope you get a job before the infinity, like seriously).

Leave those beautiful poor nails alone. Even though you may feel really nervous, the experts say the key to having a successful interview is the be prepared. (Do remind me the “people” with the motto.)

As an introvert or others, it is okay to be nervous. Everyone has a first time for everything. If it’s not your first job interview, it might be your first time the company.

Here are 8 tips for acing your first job interview from an introvert to other introverts or anyone who might find this useful. These are in no particular order though.

Rest well and drink water: This is before your interview though. Don’t let nervousness affect your body. Rest well, really rest well. A week or two before the day, take time to sleep during the day and at night too. Then drink water to refresh the body, the mind and you. Make sure you eat also and maybe add protein in breakfast. Do this the day preceding the interview as well.
First job interview - tip one

Research: Research the company, likely interview questions. The internet can help with this. Get all information you could possibly lay your hands or mouse on. Be careful though – do this with ease. You don’t want to stress yourself – mostly importantly, you really don’t be to bore yourself. You’ll lose focus if you stress a lot. Prepare your sentences during and after your research. It helps when knowing what to answer.

Dress appropriately: For someone who dresses like a high-school student, I think, I might not be able to dwell more on this. Do you want to be addressed in a negative way? Do you Sandy? I’m sure you don’t. dress the way you’d want to be addressed. You’re smart, confident, sought-after? Dress that way. You’re the best they could get? Dress that way.

Be you, be confident: The title says it all. Be confident in yourself. See the brave you first before allowing others to see it. Make your best effort at being yourself – just don’t try, do it. Be yourself and don’t over-sell yourself. Try to avoid any umps or ahhs when answering any question. However nervous you may be from inside, show yourself that you are confident. Overconfidence might score you low points. Tone it down a little or keep it at average.

Presence of mind: Like, be really present during your interview. Even if if feels like you answered a question wrongly, the best time to worry about that is when you are home. Leave thoughts not pertaining to the interview aside – come back to them later. Your mind needs to be there during the interview. Don’t wander far off.

Stay calm and smile: Calmness is somewhat related to the tip above and probably, seems related to the next tip as well. Stay calm before, during, and after your job interview. Then you smile! Let’s the interviewers see a happy face and a calm soul. Not sure how to stay calm? Breathing exercise helps – I mean, breathe in for about 3 seconds, then hold your breathe for 2, and breathe out for about 3 seconds too. This will keep your heart rate reasonable and you have a calm you.

Positive thoughts here: Positive thinking, friend, is the thing here. Think about it like this- “say within yourself that you are going to have the best interview that will elevate your life.” The interview will change your life positively. It as an opportunity to move to the next step, so be positive about this.

Eye contact: Keeping this as the last tip because I know I love to avoid eye contact as an introvert – don’t know if it’s same with you (It is? Let me know in the comment box). If you feel nervous about looking the interviewer in the eyes, then look at the bridge of their nose. It will look to them like you’re looking them in the eyes.
Conclusion:

It was fun drafting this out for you and I do hope it was a fun read. I also hope it helps with your interview. Just take it easy. You’re a superstar; you should feel like one, and the interviewer is a media personnel trying to chase you for information – give it to them. Be well prepared with all your docs and be confident.

Don’t think too much about it all day long (before the interview). Don’t afraid to tell them you are nervous. Then gain, don’t answer the questions without taking a quick moment to assess the question and formulate an answer. Breathe and go for it! One thing that people always forget to do is, ASK for the job! LOL
If you believe in prayers and can pray, do so. I sincerely wish you good-luck and do update if you can (using the comment box or my Facebook page

https://naijaintrovert.com/first-job-interview-soonest-8-tips/Read more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See my Average homemade vegetable sauce and rice. / Bachelors Night/spinster Night.. What's Wrong With It? / Man Explains Why He Is No Longer Footing Step-daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.