Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) (6402 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2017
@celwonder, the large body does not exert any so called force what happens is that matter and energy 'tells' space how to curve and the curved space determines and is responsible for the movement of the small body. As long as the small body is not in a curved space, no movement occurs.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Pluskid(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2017
Martinez19:
gravitation is due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

Reference pls.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2017
Pluskid:

Reference pls.
that is the basic idea of the general theory of relativity. This is a theory that has been verified experimentally.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by iaamxavier(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2017
That green plant breathe in carbon dioxide and gives us oxygen grin ill keep swearing for all those teacher that tot me that rubbish sad
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Crown240: 2:13pm On May 30, 2017
When I Was In Jss 3 My Basic Science Teacher Told Us That There 207 Bone In A Virgin Female And 206 In Male. That When She Becomes Disvirgined Her Bones Become 206. In Fact I Believed That, I Discovered Through Research By Browsing That It Is Not True.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Hollawayn05(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2017
my Teacher told me that plantain is proteinous and i engaged in an argument some years back and my hands fell
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Davidhero(m): 3:36pm On May 30, 2017
When my Biology teacher pronounced Euglena as Angola, jeez like wtf??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Aniexcels01(m): 4:21pm On May 30, 2017
hahahaaaa...if to say ah follow dey dat your class, na faint ah for take scare the teacher away from the class...chai! See me see Children deceivers!
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by WhereIsBuhari: 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
The worst is that the "O" in BODMAS stands for "Of" instead of "Order"
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by celwonder(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2017
Martinez19:
@celwonder, the large body does not exert any so called force what happens is that matter and energy 'tells' space how to curve and the curved space determines and is responsible for the movement of the small body. As long as the small body is not in a curved space, no movement occurs.

ohhh, u mean just like the contraction and relaxation of the veins to circulate blood round the body??
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Icosahedron(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2017
That there is a God.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Icosahedron(m): 10:41pm On May 30, 2017
Martinez19:
gravitation is due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

This would be too advanced for ss1 and ss2 students to digest, our physics teachers tell us that 'mass' is constant which is false. We are being told this because the real facts would be too sophisticated foe our little minds.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2017
Icosahedron:

This would be too advanced for ss1 and ss2 students to digest, our physics teachers tell us that 'mass' is constant which is false. We are being told this because the real facts would be too sophisticated foe our little minds.
the facts of general relativity are counter intuitive to the lay man.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Icosahedron(m): 4:41am On May 31, 2017
Martinez19:
the facts of general relativity are counter intuitive to the lay man.

Bro listen, it was only by studying advanced level Physics that you was able to understand Relativity, even Feynman said that some concepts in elementary physics are not really accurate yet they still teach it to high school students. If you 're well-grounded in Mathematics then you'll understand that teaching Relativity in High School is tantamount to teaching to Teaching Topology or Abstract Algebra to pupils in elementary school.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2017
Icosahedron:

Bro listen, it was only by studying advanced level Physics that you was able to understand Relativity, even Feynman said that some concepts in elementary physics are not really accurate yet they still teach it to high school students. If you 're well-grounded in Mathematics then you'll understand that teaching Relativity in High School is tantamount to teaching to Teaching Topology or Abstract Algebra to pupils in elementary school.
Advanced maths as well.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Nobody: 11:02am On May 31, 2017
mine was my agric teacher. we were discussing poultry and giving examples of both wild and domestic birds. the examples given were hen, pigeon, ladybird..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by DonCortino: 12:33pm On May 31, 2017
alphaXIII:
your parents were wrong too
"a" and "an" does not strictly obey the vowel consonant rule...
example
a university instead of an university

Guy! Why u dey disgrace urself on a national forum like thus nah!
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by adegwurulez(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2017
Zane2point4:
I hv been told that the earth is spherical..

Its a big lie.. ..
If earth is spherical as they say, WHY DONT WE LOOSE BALANCE OR FALL OFF THE EDGE?

Was also told the earth rotate which causes day and night.

Why dont we notice the minute movement, me wey dey one place for office why earth never rotate me move go canteen?
The canteen is on the spherical earth so it moves along with the earth.

Assignment: get a round table, place two stones at distances apart, spin the table gently and observe. Does the first stone ever catch up with the second?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by RealObserver(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2017
Zane2point4:
I hv been told that the earth is spherical..

Its a big lie.. ..
If earth is spherical as they say, WHY DONT WE LOOSE BALANCE OR FALL OFF THE EDGE?

Was also told the earth rotate which causes day and night.

Why dont we notice the minute movement, me wey dey one place for office why earth never rotate me move go canteen?

Of the multitudes of air-heads roaming this platform daily... You Sir clearly lead the pack. It is as though stupidity and ignorance first came in contact with one another in your brain.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Zane2point4(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2017
RealObserver:

Of the multitudes of air-heads roaming this platform daily... You Sir clearly lead the pack. It is as though stupidity and ignorance first came in contact with one another in your brain.

Illiterate, why dont you attack the argument not the person?
Painted sepulchre.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by RealObserver(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2017
Zane2point4:

Illiterate, why dont you attack the argument not the person?
Painted sepulchre.
E PAIN AM!!!

Bro there's no logical premise within what you have written that warrants an argument... Cleanse yourself off such obsolete thoughts, my guess is that you have never been 32,000 feet above the earth's surface, because if you have then it will be glaring to you that the earth is indeed spherical.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by alphaXIII(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2017
DonCortino:

Guy! Why u dey disgrace urself on a national forum like thus nah!
kill mhe " like thus"
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by delexy123: 10:51pm On May 31, 2017
Martinez19:
Bro, I from Your Assertion, Since The Small Body Have To Get Nearer To The Curve Space Of The Big Body To Move, Then Its Movement Is Dependent On The Distance Between The Two Bodies. So What Do We Call This Influence By Presence Of The Large Body? Also, Can You Explain What You Mean By 'Tells' As This Word Sounds Vague In This Instance? Thanks.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by odijeks(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Bro gravity is not a force. Read!
stop digging bro! pLease!! grin

Gravity Is not a force!? Really!?

You're making Newton uncomfortable in his tomb grin
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by odijeks(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2017
author=celwonder post=57009802]
I think Martinez19 's vast knowledge of advanced physics has made him disregard basic physics. When a large body attracts another smaller body in space, that's a FORCE of attraction! pEriod! All this upandan of spacetime doesn't change that fact. Whether the large mass acts/influences/tells on spacetime or objects around it, that is a force, why!? Cos it has the ability to influence the motion of the objects or space within its field. Every object in space would continue in its continuous motion or static phase unless it's being acted upon by another body. This involves interaction of forces/masses. That's sodding basic physics.

I've been following Martinez19 's discussion, He's said nothing to proof gravity is not a force. I tot I would learn something new. So disappointing
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by delexy123: 11:44pm On May 31, 2017
adegwurulez:

The canteen is on the spherical earth so it moves along with the earth.

Assignment: get a round table, place two stones at distances apart, spin the table gently and observe. Does the first stone ever catch up with the second?
But To Be Candid Is The Earth Really Spherical? Spheres Are Known To Have Regular Shape But Looking Closely At The Earth, We Can See Its Shape Does Not Really Look Regular And Its Mass Is Not Centred In The Middle Which Is Characteristic Of Real Sphere. Saying The Earth Is A Sphere Is Like Saying An A4 Paper Is Rectangular In Shape Which Is False As It Is Infact A Cuboid. The Truth Is That Humans Like To Define And Relate Things That Look Complex And Abstract To Things They Are Familiar With Inorder To Avoid Complications. This Shows The Reason We Oftentimes 'Box' Or Shoehorn Things With Only Few Similarities Into The Same Group.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Year Project Topics And Materials In Library And Information Science / Imprisoned In Ash For 2,000 Years, The Plaster Citizens Of Pompeii(Photos) / Admission List For Remedial Student Of Futminna Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.